Monday, May 2, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Outhouser?! We barely know her!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

DC's characters don't deserve DC

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

the bantam menace

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby the bantam menace » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:07 am

I know this has probably been mentioned on here before, but DC's characters deserve better treatment than what they're getting. Like them or not, these are legendary characters. I would love to see what stories could be published if they had a half decent management looking after them. :smt013

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:40 am

Honestly they've been handled terribly for so long now it's probably done some lasting damage.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:29 am

Zero wrote:Honestly they've been handled terribly for so long now it's probably done some lasting damage.

Nothing a good writer can fix. Look at Spider-Man.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 am

I know sales are somewhat up, possibly back to where they were..
I know we did this before but we should list characters who were better off before the reboot and those worse of (and I guess those who have seen no real change)

I have to think the entire Titans franchise is worse off. That stuff looks awful
And my man Booster Gold went from having his own book and patrolling the entire 52 to a crappy JLI run and a guest shot with Hex. Blargh!

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 am

I would love for Disney (not Marvel) or DreamWorks to get ahold of Captain Marvel/Fawecett Comics properties and make it all-ages again.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:28 am

Here we go again! :drunk

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 am

Well, according to Uncle Rich, if Didio fails in his mission to create cross-branding synergy DC plans to just license the characters out, so you may get your wish. :P

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:03 am

Zechs wrote:
Nothing a good writer can fix. Look at Spider-Man.

Man, and I thought I was cynical :lol:

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:38 am

Send Flash, Batman and Blue Beetle to Marvel and send the rest of them into the sun for all I care.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:07 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Well, according to Uncle Rich, if Didio fails in his mission to create cross-branding synergy DC plans to just license the characters out, so you may get your wish. :P

When exactly did Uncle Rich say this?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Log-Man wrote:
Man, and I thought I was cynical :lol:

Hey I withstood the Howard Mackie/John Bryne Era of Spider-Man that was the lowest of the low. JMS and Paul Jenkins brought that character back. Then OMD happened and Pete had to die. Slott has given us the now truly SUPERIOR Spider-Man. :P

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

I just remember Rich saying that Didio had a plan for Stephanie Brown. We already know what that plan is.. ANTI-CLIMATIC.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:02 pm

there are plenty of characters that are not good enough for DC

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

in BC's Dan Didio love letter he said that but for Didio, that could have happened.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:35 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
in BC's Dan Didio love letter he said that but for Didio, that could have happened.

And that would be a bad thing because?... :smt017

Seriously, if TW and DC really wanted "cross-branding synergy," they'd have DC, WB Animation, David Goyer, and whoever's spearheading the production of movies featuring DC characters over aw WB, together and create a shared blueprint for the next reboot that would serve as the launching point for the next generation of, animated series, tv shows, etc.

That way, instead of there being six different versions of Superman or Batman over six different media platforms, there's one Superman or Batman whose stories are told over multiple platforms.

leave a comment with facebook