Advertisement

Super Alphabet Draft

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 433 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Super Alphabet Draft

Postby troysshr » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Yeah I would be jumping out the window! Fuck SNAKES!!
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 445 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:15 pm

yeah i'd either be locking myself in a room where they couldn't get to, or jumping out the window... either way you couldn't pay me enough to deal with snakes

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 699 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Snakes are harmless.

Except the poisonous omes, they are not harmless.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 566 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Grayson wrote:
Now I'm nervous about being Flashpointed. I am comfortable with both my race and gender. :?

Those will probably stay the same. But your personal history? Gone. Marriages/relationships? Nada. Origin? Butchered. :(

about the snakes...

Don't feel bad, Grayson... Indiana Jones doesn't like snakes, either.

Thunderstruck wrote:I'm having a hard time coming up with an X-Pick, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Suggestions sent.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Samus Aran, Simon Belmont, Carmen Sandiego, Dirk the Daring, Edward Kenway, Fox McCloud, Ganon, Heihachi Mishima, Index Librorum Prohibitorum, Jack series, Kazuya Mishima, Link, Master Hand, Nemesis, Ogre, Pelagia, Quadratus, Ryu Hayabusa, Sephiroth, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
War! War has united the various realms of video game. Or, to be more precise, invasion. A long-dormant force has reawakened, discovered a source of unexpected power and began consolidating their power base. Many empires have joined the invaders or been crushed beneath their heels. The surviving heroes have united, preparing to launch an all-out assault againt the invaders, using both magic & technology to exploit a small but vital flaw in their stronghold.

Knowing the dangers of magic and resurrection, the invaders have found a realm without magic, which they use as a prison world. They brainwash and hide the captives away on this world, along with guards to keep an eye on them. Most are well-hidden in Earth and can not be found to be reawakened. Others know who they are but do not want to leave their new life. Others still have found something worth fighting for, become a better person, or simply want to return to their old lives. But, either way, they're willing to fight the invaders.

And the guards, although working with the invaders, certainly have their own hidden agendas (which probably led to them getting "awarded" with this station). The lack of oversight and the feeling of abandonment they all seem to share only adds fuel to this fire.

But the invaders don't know that, as more magic enters the realm, the brainwashing is fading for a select few (most of them were placed into alternate identities that mirror their "real selves" in some aspect, so that they would readily buy into their new life) and objects of power are being drawn into the world.

(So it's like "Fabletown"/"Once Upon A Time" on Earth and "Ready, Player One" in the world of video game, with a little "Neverending Story" thrown in.)

The Earthbound

Samus Aran, Simon Belmont, Dirk the Daring, Edward Kenway, Ryu Hayabusa

The Great Rebellion

Fox McCloud, Index Librorum Prohibitorum, Link

The Evil Empire

Ganon, Master Hand, Nemesis, Ogre, Pelagia, Quadratus

Mishima Zaibatsu Corp.

Carmen Santiago (more of a free agent), Heihachi Mishima, Jack series, Kazuya Mishima, Sephiroth

Samus is a bounty hunter on Earth. But we'd get to see scenes of her in her armor (flashbacks, off world action down the line, etc) at some point.
Simon would be a monster hunter, pretty much like Dean Winchester
Carmen Santiago? Think Sherlock's take on Irene Adler. C.C. Rendozo from Wildcats 3.0. Zoe & Root from Person of Interest. Or, y'know, Carmen Santiago. 8)
As for Dirk the Daring... you remember how, in the cartoon, he could see all of the different options in front of him? Maybe he's got his own limited "Sherlock Scan"or whatnot...
Fox McCloud's my Top Gun, my Luke Skywalker piloting an X-Wing, shooting down the Death Star or Han swooping in at the last minute.
Ganon's tower would be full of artifacts/obstacles from other, familiar games, like the Fire Swords, spikes, deadly fog (which I THOUGHT I could use as my "F" pick), etc.
Imagine the Mishima Zaibatsu Corp. as "Wolfram & Hart" (the evil law firm from Angel) and Heihachi's the current CEO.
Index is basically The Archive (from The Dresden Files), with 103,000 grimores in her head.
Jacks are pretty much T-1000 series Terminators (the Arnold Schwarzenegger model), but Russian.
Kazuya's basically Smallville's Lex Luthor, but with the Devil Gene.
Link's the epic, optimistic hero. Like Luke fighting Darth Vader or Frodo & Sam in LotR.
Master Hand's the source of Ganon's newborn power. Ganon uses him like a puppet on a string... or is it the other way around?
Nemesis (from Resident Evil) is one of Ganon's protectors in his tower. And he carries a giant rocket launcher.
Pelagia and Quadratus are the two Colossi guarding Ganon's tower.
I'd like to give Ryu a backstory with the Mishima Corporation. He's still a good guy, but he did some things for them. It started by them helping him find and hunt down his father's killer (and one of their competitors) and then some other jobs for them but left when they tried making him do something he knew was wrong. Now there's a personal grudge there...
Sephiroth is the "Vampire Eric" of my story

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:45 am

The speak with their fists, and put ideas in your head thru the cracks they make in your skull, they are:

Brute Force

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rhino, Ulik, Abomination, Blockbuster, Juggernaut

This non-team of rotating members are not brought together for some deep cause, or do what they do for some guilt fueled promise to a dead relative. They fight the good fight and go on their adventures for exploration, for scientific discoveries, and for excitement. They are:

The Adventurers Guild

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tom Strong, Vigilante (JLU version), Wesley Dodds, Yukon Jack, Cliffe Steel, Doctor Occult, HERBIE

Thunderball was once one if the primo tough guys in town along with his other Wrecking Crew cohorts, but as of late they've just become jobbers being beaten by everyone. So Thuderball here came up with anew plan (he is a Mensa level genius after all). He knows teams nowadays cannot survive one raw strength alone (sorry Brute Force), because the teams they are up against have a large range if powers and abilities. So TB here is going to draft a team, of other team players, to make the perfect team to go against anyone. He will piece together random facets to make a beautiful image of chaotic destruction. They are:

KILLeidoscope

Drafted from Psionex: Impulse

Thunderball, X-ray, Zaran, Electro, Puff Adder (Gordon Fraley), Geo-mancer, Impulse

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:13 am

The Shield
Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Way for All Mankind
Clark Kent, Firestar, Iron Man, J'onn J'onzz, Eric Masterson, Namorita, Ultra Boy

The New Universal Guardians of the Galaxies
Sworn to Serve and Protect Through Interstellar Warfare and Defense
Gladiator, Kl'rt, Lar Gand, Quasar, Beta Ray Bill

The Thunder Squad
The Men with No Fear that Smash the things that Go Bump in the Night
ImageImageImage
Devil Hunter, Theodore Sallis, Elliot "Lucky" Tailor

Pantheon of the New Gods
Immortal Powers Destined to Cancel the Apocalypse
ImageImageImageImage
Etrigan, Hercules, Thor Odinson, Diana Prince
ImageImageImage

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:14 am

HNutz wrote:
Those will probably stay the same. But your personal history? Gone. Marriages/relationships? Nada. Origin? Butchered. :(

about the snakes...

Don't feel bad, Grayson... Indiana Jones doesn't like snakes, either.

Suggestions sent.

You gave me one that I absolutely love and never thought about!
ImageImageImage

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 593 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:29 am

My G pick is Gabriel the Air-Walker.

Need a simple job done in a not-so-simple way?
Do you have an evil scheme that requires a distraction on the other end of town?
Better call
The Motley Fools
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Oddball, Psycho Pirate, Warp, Zebra Man, Angle Man, Enigma

Daddy's Girls
Quarrel, Ravager, Scandal, Tarantula, Unuscione, Bloodstone, Donner

Star Squadron
Vanguard, Xenith, Yz the Thunderbolt, Ceritak, Forager, Gabriel the Air-Walker
-

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:05 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
You gave me one that I absolutely love and never thought about!

I think I may know which one you're going with, but I'll wait and see.

It's funny, I have ideas for W, Y and Z but I'm a little stuck on the preceeding letters (particularly because I want some more folks for the Great Rebellion).

I have a fun idea for T, But he'd be another Earthbound baddie (probably) and I think I might be good there...

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:48 pm

H is for Hope

The Uncanny Avengers

Phoenix (Jean Grey), Captain America (Steve Rogers), Thena, Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), Iceman (Robert Drake), Genis-Vell

Young Allies

ImageImageImageImage

Dust (Sooraya Qadir), Zero-G (Alex Power), Spider Girl (Anya Corazon), Hope

Excalibur

Sabra, Ursa Major, Venus, X-51, The Machine Man, Sunfire (Shiro Yoshida), Excalibur (Faiza Hussain)

Heroes for Hire

ImageImageImage
Boom Boom, Constrictor, Frenzy

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 324 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Here's the rundown:

Draculas' Forces:

Elias Kingston, Frankenstein's Monster, Gaibon, Headless Horseman, Invisible Man, Spring Heeled Jack, Krampus

Jaquio's Malice Horde:

Carlton Lehah( Biis), Piecemeal, N'Dama The Weather Demon, Overtkill, Parasite, Leper Queen, Red Queen( Madelyne Prior)

The Right Hand Of God:

Syfa Belnades, Robert T.S., Ulysses Bloodstone, Jean Paul Valley( Azrael)

My fifth pick for the Right Hand Of God is:

Werewolf By Night
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:33 am

The speak with their fists, and put ideas in your head thru the cracks they make in your skull, they are:

Brute Force

Rhino, Ulik, Abomination, Blockbuster, Juggernaut

This non-team of rotating members are not brought together for some deep cause, or do what they do for some guilt fueled promise to a dead relative. They fight the good fight and go on their adventures for exploration, for scientific discoveries, and for excitement. They are:

The Adventurers Guild

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tom Strong, Vigilante (JLU version), Wesley Dodds, Yukon Jack, Cliffe Steel, Doctor Occult, HERBIE, Ka-Zar

Thunderball was once one if the primo tough guys in town along with his other Wrecking Crew cohorts, but as of late they've just become jobbers being beaten by everyone. So Thuderball here came up with anew plan (he is a Mensa level genius after all). He knows teams nowadays cannot survive one raw strength alone (sorry Brute Force), because the teams they are up against have a large range if powers and abilities. So TB here is going to draft a team, of other team players, to make the perfect team to go against anyone. He will piece together random facets to make a beautiful image of chaotic destruction. They are:

KILLeidoscope

Drafted from Psionex: Impulse

Thunderball, X-ray, Zaran, Electro, Puff Adder (Gordon Fraley), Geo-mancer, Impulse

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:42 am

I is for Irma Cuckoo

The Uncanny Avengers

Phoenix (Jean Grey), Captain America (Steve Rogers), Thena, Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), Iceman (Robert Drake), Genis-Vell

Young Allies

Dust (Sooraya Qadir), Zero-G (Alex Power), Spider Girl (Anya Corazon), Hope, Irma Cuckoo

Excalibur

Sabra, Ursa Major, Venus, X-51, The Machine Man, Sunfire (Shiro Yoshida), Excalibur (Faiza Hussain)

Heroes for Hire

ImageImageImage
Boom Boom, Constrictor, Frenzy

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 593 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:41 am

My H pick is Halo (from JLA: The Nail).

Need a simple job done in a not-so-simple way?
Do you have an evil scheme that requires a distraction on the other end of town?
Better call
The Motley Fools
Oddball, Psycho Pirate, Warp, Zebra Man, Angle Man, Enigma

Daddy's Girls
Quarrel, Ravager, Scandal, Tarantula, Unuscione, Bloodstone, Donner

Star Squadron
Vanguard, Xenith, Yz the Thunderbolt, Ceritak, Forager, Gabriel the Air-Walker, Halo
-

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum