Advertisement

X-O Manowar #17 Review

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 277 posts

X-O Manowar #17 Review

Postby LOLtron » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:30 am

X-O Manowar #17 Review

X-O Manowar continues the path to Unity.

One of my favorite parts of X-O Manowar is the main character, Aric.  He reminds me a lot of Conan the Barbarian, but, y’know, with ridiculously powerful space armor.  Aric is exceedingly powerful with the armor, but what makes him truly dangerous is his lack of understanding of the modern world.  His more ancient perceptions of power and control are going to cause all kinds of trouble in the very near future in the Valiant universe.  That trouble is most likely going to lead into Valiant's newest upcoming title, Unity.

Let me go ahead and say the art in this book is fan-freaking-tastic now.  Lee Garbett fits this book like a glove.  I’ve enjoyed the art throughout the series, but Garbett is just killing it.  He makes everything look rugged and clean all at the same time, which I think is the perfect look for this book.  His action scenes have tons of energy, and he really sells the mood of each specific situation.  I'd love for him to stay with the book as long as he likes.

Seeing how important the location of his homeland, Dacia, was to his father gives greater insight into Aric’s motivations and captivation with his current geographical location.  Not only is Aric fighting an outward battle with the rest of the world’s nations, but we find out in the issue that he’s going to have some conflict within his own camp to deal with as well.  This battle on two fronts makes for an interesting story and I can’t wait to see where Vendetti takes all this.  Everything Vendetti has done in this book has been on an epic scale and I can’t see him shying away from that now.

This issue is a bit slow in terms of action, but it’s full of development and intriguing storylines.  With that being said, there’s still a lot going on in this title and it’s only going to get crazier.  With Unity ramping up, everyone should jump on X-O now and ride it all the way to the glory Valiant is sure to bring in the near future.

Written or Contributed by Radd Roberson

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand