Saturday, July 23, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Cable Provider Blues

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

TheLurker

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby TheLurker » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:45 pm

That's a lot to read. I skimmed it over and got, "AT&T has my Cable comics and won't give them to me".
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:44 pm

TheLurker wrote:That's a lot to read. I skimmed it over and got, "AT&T has my Cable comics and won't give them to me".


:P
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:40 pm

So, after months of waiting, the new season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - it is on tonight. I turn to the new FXX station at 10:00 only to find that my despised cable provider (Charter :smt011 ) has set this channel up as a super platinum level 64 Sports tier option - meaning I'd have to add $10 a month to my already inflated bill to watch Sunny in glorious non-HD (and yes, the only way to get it is to subscribe to a sports package in order to watch a comedy channel :roll: ).

Fuck you Charter - I'm amazed at how many ways you find to screw your customers.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Amoebas wrote:So, after months of waiting, the new season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - it is on tonight. I turn to the new FXX station at 10:00 only to find that my despised cable provider (Charter :smt011 ) has set this channel up as a super platinum level 64 Sports tier option - meaning I'd have to add $10 a month to my already inflated bill to watch Sunny in glorious non-HD (and yes, the only way to get it is to subscribe to a sports package in order to watch a comedy channel :roll: ).

Fuck you Charter - I'm amazed at how many ways you find to screw your customers.


Yeah FXX was fox soccer up until today.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:18 pm

And now DirecTV bends us over and spits. We've had FXX since it launched but I noticed last night my DVR wasn't recording "Sunny" or "The League". I kept getting the error message that channel was no longer in my package. We had a severe thunderstorm last night that knocked out the satellite signal for 30+ minutes so I reset and re-authorized the damn receiver multiple times but nothing. So today I emailed both DirecTV and our Agent for our condo building, Access Media 3. Both now say that we were given FXX before as a promo preview. Any other time when we get free previews we are advised via bill inserts, messages through your receiver and notices posted downstairs in the lobby. This time .. there was nothing. But for an extra $16.95 a month we can now get the upgraded package that includes FXX ! :smt097
Fuck you, DirecTV. Comcast and other providers offer FXX at no extra charge along with the same package that has FX.

Sorry to see you go "Sunny" and "The League". Luckily when "American Horror Story: Coven" debuts in October that will be on FX.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Sick Neito on them.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm paying for cable and internet but really, just torrent everything.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:We only have internet at $53/month. We have netflix and amazon prime coming through the PS3 and I have a VGA cable I can hook into the TV..plus I torrent every show or movie we want. I am tempted to go to usenet though.


guitarsmashley wrote:I'm paying for cable and internet but really, just torrent everything.



:twisted:

Image


Reading posts and threads like this make me laugh my ass off. Why? Because years ago at the old Rama I was one of the few of us that admitted to downloading stuff. I got derided for years there and here for that. BUT now damn near each and every one of you are coming over to the dark side. HA! Welcome to why I did and still do it. It's what I can afford and it's often the only way to get this stuff. I have cable, I still watch stuff like TMC and other channels on it... and mostly listen to local radio through it. But every cartoon I watch I watch from downloads. Comics... downloads. I ran out of physical space and frankly no outfit other then other fans put this stuff out in the format I want. There is a ton of stuff I'd love to buy and plan to buy, but really... a huge amount of this stuff is not worth paying for at the prices they charge. Movies... I buy those and watch them on cable, but for some, mostly old stuff or not American, I download. I honestly laugh when I think of how many people here and back at the old Rama have asked and ask about how to download stuff.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:



:twisted:

Image


Reading posts and threads like this make me laugh my ass off. Why? Because years ago at the old Rama I was one of the few of us that admitted to downloading stuff. I got derided for years there and here for that. BUT now damn near each and every one of you are coming over to the dark side. HA! Welcome to why I did and still do it. It's what I can afford and it's often the only way to get this stuff. I have cable, I still watch stuff like TMC and other channels on it... and mostly listen to local radio through it. But every cartoon I watch I watch from downloads. Comics... downloads. I ran out of physical space and frankly no outfit other then other fans put this stuff out in the format I want. There is a ton of stuff I'd love to buy and plan to buy, but really... a huge amount of this stuff is not worth paying for at the prices they charge. Movies... I buy those and watch them on cable, but for some, mostly old stuff or not American, I download. I honestly laugh when I think of how many people here and back at the old Rama have asked and ask about how to download stuff.


Well the difference for me is I have a job now and Ashley and the baby are home all day so she wanted the cable. I still download a lot...I can't remember the last time I paid for a comic or album.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:08 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
Well the difference for me is I have a job now and Ashley and the baby are home all day so she wanted the cable. I still download a lot...I can't remember the last time I paid for a comic or album.


Yup. Real life and it's needs make this happen. We all love this stuff and yes it helps amongst other things to help us keep from going insane. Plus with digital you save a ton of space for important stuff, like kids or in-laws. Cable is fun and useful for a number of reasons. Good time killer and can save you from downloading crap, sometimes. Hell, I still watch Family Guy, American Dad and Archer on cable instead of downloading.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:27 am

Yesterday around 4pm, Charter was down here in Central Mass. Their phone lines were busy for hours and there was nothing on their own website, facebook or twitter to give us a clue what was going on and when it might be resolved (the countdown to whether or not we would be able to watch the Doctor Who premier was riding this - so of course this qualified as an emergency).

I eventually switched my DNS to Google and my internet was back so crisis over (Charter internet came back around 8:30 pm. Until this morning when I research what the problem was. Nothing posted anywhere by Charter and from various other sources it looks like they were down across the country (and Charter decides to just sweep it under the rug with no press at all).

I've said it before and will every day until they are forever gone - Charter sucks!!!!!!!

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], e_galston, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], HNutz, Liam Moorhart, pastajoe and 40 guests