Tuesday, June 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Newsarama 2: Outhouse Boogaloo."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Any good?

I liked it, but I'm no Kung Fu movie expert, so a lot of the stuff RZA is cribbing is new to me. Russell Crowe gives a surprisingly brilliant performance, the action is pretty amazing and it's crazy-violent.

If you like old Kung Fu movies or the Wu Tang Clan or hot Asian women, give it a watch.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Have you ever seen Jason King?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Have you ever seen Jason King?

Nope, the only thing I know about him is that he was the basis for Mastermind as you said.

I've also heard some of his music on the radio once, it's pretty weird.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Punchy wrote:
Nope, the only thing I know about him is that he was the basis for Mastermind as you said.

I've also heard some of his music on the radio once, it's pretty weird.

Yeah now that I've read about his album I am really going to have to track that down!

His life had some real up and downs including a couple counts of public indecency in bathrooms, do they mean ala George Michael? That's what I'm guessing.

I think you'd like the Jason King TV show.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Yeah now that I've read about his album I am really going to have to track that down!

His life had some real up and downs including a couple counts of public indecency in bathrooms, do they mean ala George Michael? That's what I'm guessing.

I think you'd like the Jason King TV show.

A gay actor charged with 'public indecency'?

Yeah, he was cottaging.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:00 pm

Punchy wrote:
A gay actor charged with 'public indecency'?

Yeah, he was cottaging.

Oh yeah, so he was. With a truck driver.

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Dinosaur Island - Army screw ups crash on an island filled with hot prehistoric silicone filled babes and ridiculous looking dinos. Enough nudity to make you wish you'd want to be stranded on this island too. :smt007

Deathstalker - The original more serious minded Conan ripoff, well as serious as you can get with a constant supply of thong wearing women can be. :smt007

Cape Canaveral Monsters - From the man who brought you Robot Monster, comes a film to show he never improved his skills. RM was entertainingly bad. But, this is just sad and boring. :smt011

Promises Promises - Jayne Mansfield writhing in bed and a bath naked, showing off the reasons why she is fondly remembered by the trench coat set. :smt007 The movie would have been better if that had been all it was, but they trird to have a plot and humor in it. They even dip so low as to have a gay hairdresser doing female impersonations, to appeal to lobotomy patients I guess. :smt011

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:39 pm

World War Z - Solid movie. I really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite zombie movie in recent memory.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army - Forgot how much I really enjoyed this movie. I was a little disappointed in the casting of Nuada and Nuala, even more so now that I learned that Charlie Hunnam was considered for Prince Nuada but overall it was a good movie.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Grayson wrote:World War Z - Solid movie. I really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite zombie movie in recent memory.

The movie surprised me - really good.
I expected a typical slow set up with the action starting a a half hour in. Loved that it began almost instantly.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Amoebas wrote:The movie surprised me - really good.
I expected a typical slow set up with the action starting a a half hour in. Loved that it began almost instantly.

Same here. I expected a slow build but this movie just dove right in. There may have been a couple of points in the movie where they dialed back the action but that's a good thing.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:58 pm

I like the third act enough but having read the original ending makes me hungry for what might have been.

Still, talks are on for a possible sequel (would really love to see the Battle of Yonkers).

EvilOne

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby EvilOne » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:45 pm

The Last Airbender

Seemed rushed to me. Skipped large parts of the story and didn't delve much into the the characters' histories. Also, the fight scenes were pretty awful. :|

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:17 am

I was pleasantly surprised by WWZ too.
Liked that it was more action/adventure mystery than straight up survival horror.

crazywords

Peanut

Postby crazywords » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:59 am

MAMA

leave a comment with facebook