Advertisement

Marvel is Planning an Agent Carter TV Show

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: Marvel is Planning an Agent Carter TV Show

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:35 pm

eltopo wrote:Hayley Atwell has big ol boobs

God Bless America, only in America can an attractive British woman with tig ole bitties become a star for just having tits you would motorboat with your penis for at least 45 minutes after completion.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 80 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:23 pm

habitual wrote:
Totally redundant and unnecessary.

The purchase was for content, not new pipelines.

Hab

True, but the as the amount of content increases, so does the competition to get it into those pipelines. And as the Disney-owned networks are pretty successful with generating content in-house, they are less dependent on the need for outside material, including from other Disney divisions (i.e. Marvel).

And while Disney XD has a Marvel Block, but it's doubtful that it would expand much beyond a hour or two beyond what's currently scheduled, especially if Disney XD can fill the time with cheaper programming.

I do believe that if Disney/Marvel saw an opportunity for a Marvel-branded network in the future, they would jump at the opportunity.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 134 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:44 am

Juan Cena wrote:
True, but the as the amount of content increases, so does the competition to get it into those pipelines. And as the Disney-owned networks are pretty successful with generating content in-house, they are less dependent on the need for outside material, including from other Disney divisions (i.e. Marvel).

And while Disney XD has a Marvel Block, but it's doubtful that it would expand much beyond a hour or two beyond what's currently scheduled, especially if Disney XD can fill the time with cheaper programming.

I do believe that if Disney/Marvel saw an opportunity for a Marvel-branded network in the future, they would jump at the opportunity.

If you are producing your own content and have your own distribution network then there is no competition.

And you seem to be contradicting yourself in saying that Disney XD won't go much farther beyond the current Marvel block, but, Disney should dedicate a sole pipeline to it. That makes no sense.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:37 am

habitual wrote:
If you are producing your own content and have your own distribution network then there is no competition.

There is when you compete with other content producers (both from within and from outside the corporation) for spots in that distribution network.

And you seem to be contradicting yourself in saying that Disney XD won't go much farther beyond the current Marvel block, but, Disney should dedicate a sole pipeline to it. That makes no sense.

Hab

One or two hours of Marvel animated series on XD is probably what makes the most sense in terms of profitability.

And the

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:49 am

Again that makes no sense, non-Disney content is not going to compete with inhouse properties for distribution.

Hab

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:59 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
God Bless America, only in America can an attractive British woman with tig ole bitties become a star for just having tits you would motorboat with your penis for at least 45 minutes after completion.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:50 am

habitual wrote:Again that makes no sense, non-Disney content is not going to compete with inhouse properties for distribution.

Hab

Disney XD has shown the occasional non-Disney program, like repeats of Batman TAS, and I recall seeing at least one Harry Potter film on the Disney Channel in the past year and a half or so. So Disney does show some stuff from other studios.

- Sons of the Desert

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:54 am

Juan Cena wrote:
Disney XD has shown the occasional non-Disney program, like repeats of Batman TAS, and I recall seeing at least one Harry Potter film on the Disney Channel in the past year and a half or so. So Disney does show some stuff from other studios.

Which proves what I'm saying. There isn't enough content to fill the distribution network.

Hardly justification to increase said networks size.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:27 pm

habitual wrote:
Which proves what I'm saying. There isn't enough content to fill the distribution network.

Hardly justification to increase said networks size.

Hab

Right now there isn't. I never said there was. This has always been a "in the future" argument.

Marvel's film output continues to grow. And if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is successful, it could lead to more Marvel content on prime-time TV. .

I would expect within a five-to-ten year window Marvel might have enough content to center a network around. Especially if you combined it with other Disney properties like Star Wars, Tron, Lost, to round out the schedule.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum