Advertisement

New Avengers #10 (Infinity Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

New Avengers #10 (Infinity Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm

I don’t know about everyone else, but of the two sides of the Infinity story, I’m enjoying the Earth-based Illuminati vs Thanos side a lot more than the Avengers out in Space fighting Builders stuff. It’s got a much more interesting villain, and the actual New Avengers themselves are centre-stage, as opposed to just hangers-on in a cosmic war. This issue was perhaps my favourite part of this event so far, it was just great.

Hickman begins right where Infinity #2 left off, with Black Bolt telling the rest of the Illuminati the real reason why Thanos is on Earth… to find and kill his son. Black Bolt sends the rest of the Illuminati off around the planet to find Thanos Jr, but he and Maximus The Mad have a bigger plan. I can’t wait to find out what it is! Oh wait, Infinity #3 is out this week too, happy days.

We then check in on Thanos, as his lieutenants report back to him about what they found, and man, he is not happy with Black Dwarf, who was defeated by Black Panther. I was surprised that Thanos didn’t kill Black Dwarf, but I suppose there’s still a long way to go in this story. I think the best scene in this issue was the very dialogue-heavy one where the Illuminati sit down and discuss what happened in each attack they face, especially Namor’s revelation that Atlantis was completely destroyed, and the very awkward pause that followed. I can’t wait until Black Panther find out that Namor sent the entire army of Thanos at him, that is going to be amazing.

So, the team go looking for Thanos Jr across the world, and eventually, Doctor Strange finds him in Greenland, only… Doctor Strange is under the control of Ebony Maw, who so far, is by far the best of Thanos’ Black Order, and so it’s not the good guys who are going to find the kid, but Thanos himself, oh dear. The ending of this issue was also fantastic, as Hickman showed that even though this booked is tied-up in a crossover, he hasn’t forgotten the central conceit, and yet another Incursion begins. It’s so great that not only do the New Avengers have to deal with Thanos they also have this too, it never rains but it pours.
The artwork from Mike Deodato was once again fantastic, I think he’s done a fantastic job in replacing Steve Epting, and his depiction of Thanos is brilliant.

This was a great example of a tie-in, not only does it greatly contribute to the huge ongoing epic crossover, but it also continues on New Avengers’ own stories, not just the Incursions, but also the rivalry between Black Panther and Namor. I often give Hickman crap for forgetting about characterisation in amongst his grand clockwork schemes, but here, the conflict between the characters still shines strongest.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: New Avengers #10 (Infinity Spoilers)

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Prediction:Either Namor or Black Panther leave/get kicked out of the Illuminati and mind-wiped. Judging from Namor's involvement with Cap and the Invaders, I'm leaning towards him.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 203 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Dr. Strange: Sorcerer Straight Bitch!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:00 pm

What Inhumanity is going to be all about is now a lot clearer. I do like the idea of Thanos having a son among the Inhumans top tell the truth.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand