Advertisement

Gail Simone Talks Marriage at DC Comics

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 648 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Gail Simone Talks Marriage at DC Comics

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
She's got her panties on still!

I like to look at it and make up a story. I think the cat was all set to get laid and she was into it and all until he let out one of those silent but deadly cat farts--you can see him farting in the pic there, and that's clearly what repelled her more than the beastiality of it all. It's from a comic I plan to read, though, and maybe the actual story is different.

WTF, is this the first post of mine you've read in weeks or something?! :x

Normally I post from my phone, don't see avatars. :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 177 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:08 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Remember when Greg Land was a good artist? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:10 pm

SporkBot
Post Whore

Liked in: 213 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:09 pm

TimH wrote:
Is there anything about Dinah or Babs' past actions to suggest lesbian inclinations?

They're two women, drawn physically attractive, in skintight outfits, that are within 100 miles each other at any given time. That's all perverts need to not only cry/wish "Lesbians", the dumber ones will try their damnedest to legitimize it.

NOT EVERYBODY IS GAY. It's sort of trivializing to believe human beings can't form friendships, regardless of gender.

I've taken stuff like this as an alternative Schadenfreude; instead of taking some twisted pleasure of assuming the worst in people you don't know, the thought that any person can be "turned" for their enjoyment is enticing. Some will insist on using terms like "normal" or "everyone does it", which has less to do with any actual research/study, and more so they don't have to risk feeling bad in anyway for being a pervert.

I remember seeing the quote from Paul Dini that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy had a romantic and sexual relationship, but I never saw evidence of that, even after Harley became a comic character, and when so many TV programs were forcing their more attractive actresses to kiss other girls in desperate and sad ratings grabs.

locuas
underclassman

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby locuas » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 pm

they would never let them show the relationship, they barely got away with it in Superman TAS with maggie. Also, there is a difference between "they are lesbians! HOT!" and "there may be something else here". not EVERYONE who believes they are lesbians are perverts.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:24 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Oh my, a quick google search reveals quite a bit of fanfic in this area. :lol:

http://www.ralst.com/TalkingVibrator.HTM

http://www.ralst.com/NovaScotia.HTM

http://www.ralst.com/TotallyMarried.HTM

That's my point. Or one of them.

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 189 posts

Postby TimH » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:01 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Doh. I missed that one. That's at the end of the Chuck Dixon "Death of Oracle" Bat-Book crossover, isn't it?

I must have read that issue and glossed it by. Or maybe I took it as the equivalent of a bear hug between guys.

Damn. Mud in my eye!

:lol:

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 189 posts

Postby TimH » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:19 pm

SporkBot wrote:I remember seeing the quote from Paul Dini that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy had a romantic and sexual relationship, but I never saw evidence of that, even after Harley became a comic character, and when so many TV programs were forcing their more attractive actresses to kiss other girls in desperate and sad ratings grabs.

I agree and disagree with you--

For example, I doubt Nightwing is gay, but a gay friend of mine likes to imagine he is. There no doubt are well-intentioned lesbian fans who want their favorite characters to be lesbians.

But, yeah, as for non-gay male readers getting their "fetish fill" from seeing any and all hot female characters get "a little comfortable with each other", that's a very real factor.

For my part, other than that image Jude dug up, I've never seen anything particularly lesbian about Babs or Dinah. Babs grew up crushing on Nightwing until she became too consumed with work maintain it. Dinah has been in a flirtatious relationship with Ollie since 1970s Justice League comics.

Batwoman is obviously a lesbian character. So many others though are either fan-fic fantasies or stereotypes (just because a man is mild mannered and kind, doesn't mean he's homosexual; just because a woman is tomboyish or likes to mentor younger women doesn't mean she is lesbian).

In my younger days, I was called gay a lot, and one of those ambiguous bromances while living overseas, but at the end of the day, I just can't persuade myself I'd choose Dick Grayson over Wanda Maximoff for a night on the town. And I definitely don't have a folder of "Dick Grayson's Greatest Pics" like I do for Scarlet Witch and Wonder Woman. I even tried once. To convince myself I was hot for Nightwing.

Just didn't work. :lol:

I'm not hot for Nightwing. But old DC Katana I'd date. (New DC Katana is just too... unhealthy, down to the gray skin...............wtf is it with that? she has normal flesh tones out of costume.... does she put on gray cammo paint??????????????????????????????) :smt013

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Werewolf on a date? I wish I had thought up that joke. :-D :-D :-D

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:53 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Normally I post from my phone, don't see avatars. :lol:

Then you're missing half the fun.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Especially my avatars. :-(

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:01 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

There's something about that scene that I love so much. But I can't quite put my finger on it.

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 92 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:18 pm

I was sitting here trying to think of a committed straight couple that Gail has written.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 279 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Comics are always just a pussy hair's length away from being slash/fic anyway, and Gail Simone is a professional fanfic writer, so this does not surprise me.

Indeed, this is the same lady who was talking about how Catman is bisexual, and how this would be revealed to Deadshot (potentially his next "conquest"). She's a classic Yaoi Fangirl!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand