Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

theDevilman
cheese

Liked in: 102 posts

Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby theDevilman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Ok, no one bit at my Paranormal Activity 3 bait. Anyone want a potential freebie to try? No strings. It requires the XML which i'm happy to send if you need it.
Looking for Digital Comics: Rocket Raccoon (2014) #1; Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1; Amazing Spider-Man (2014) #1.3; Thor #2.
My most wanted UV! ... My freebies! (Usually games) I'll try to give movies away here. :)

"When all were deemed broken and torn, fallen in time... he stood in the shadows creeping, pushing fire with quiet breaths of darkness and mischief."
-theDevilman

Advertisement

hellmutt
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 46 posts

Postby hellmutt » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:49 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:All these movies that you guys don't finish or fast forward through, are you guys paying for them? There's maybe been five movies in my entire life that were so bad that I couldn't finish them. When I spend hard earned money on movies I feel obligated to watch them all the way through. I have to at least see if there's any redeeming qualities there. Maybe that's why my backlog is so huge.

It's pretty rare for me to stop a movie (or a book) in the middle. I am able to stop video games in the middle pretty easily.
For movies, I can only recall specifically dropping one movie, I actually walked out of the theater, which I have never done before, and never done since, which was 'Little Shop of Horrors'.

For Books, I got about 2 1/2 books into the 10-book Mission Earth Series by L. Ron Hubbard, before quitting out of disgust for the awful writing. Haven't done something like that since either, that I can recall.

hellmutt
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 46 posts

Postby hellmutt » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:50 pm

davevh84 wrote:1963 isn't it. 1964 would be more appropriate

1964 :)

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 312 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby VaderTheTrader » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:13 pm

davevh84 wrote:1963 isn't it. 1964 would be more appropriate

The answer is:

Jani Lane
Aka
John Kennedy Oswald

theDevilman
cheese

Postby theDevilman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Ugh, would have been my next guess had i actually been near my computer, lol. Glad i could prompt the 1964 clue, though. :P lol
Looking for Digital Comics: Rocket Raccoon (2014) #1; Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1; Amazing Spider-Man (2014) #1.3; Thor #2.
My most wanted UV! ... My freebies! (Usually games) I'll try to give movies away here. :)

"When all were deemed broken and torn, fallen in time... he stood in the shadows creeping, pushing fire with quiet breaths of darkness and mischief."
-theDevilman

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:42 pm

theDevilman wrote:Ugh, would have been my next guess had i actually been near my computer, lol. Glad i could prompt the 1964 clue, though. :P lol

No confirmation yet............just silence from Dave.........

theDevilman
cheese

Postby theDevilman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:47 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
No confirmation yet............just silence from Dave.........

That's gotta be it. I'm just bummed that i missed the last clue. 1964 would have sealed it for me. I kept trying to find the Warrant tie-in. As soon as i Googled Warrant 1964... well there it was.

Had i been on the clock for all the work i put into this one, i could have bought 3 new movies, lol.

Nice work. :)
Last edited by theDevilman on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-theDevilman

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 pm

davevh84 wrote:

BOOM!!!!

We have a Winner!!!!

1st Clue: Hole in my Wall = Warrant Song
2nd Clue: Comfort Inn: Where Jani was found dead
3rd Clue: Bowling "Lane"
4th Clue: Sunset Boulevard
5th Clue: Whitney Houston was married to Bobby Brown, Jani Lane was married to Bobbie Brown
6th Clue: Now the lights are going out along the boulevard. "Heaven" Lyrics written by Jani Lane
7th Clue: "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Warrant Song
8th Clue: Jani's Birth Name was John Kennedy Oswald
9th Clue: "Sunset Strip" Warrant played the strip many times before getting signed
10th Clue: "Cherry Pie" Warrant Song written by Jani Lane
11th Clue: "Plain Jane" The band that Jani was in before he joined Warrant
Last Clue: "1964" Jani's Year of Birth

Yeah! Just like old times!!!!
I won a Dave contest!!!!

theDevilman
cheese

Postby theDevilman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Congrats. :)

-theDevilman

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:13 pm

theDevilman wrote:Congrats. :)

Thanks! The mystery vudu code was for Scenic Route so I'm pretty happy about that! I wanted to see that one.

Thanks Dave! Much appreciated!

I already have World War Z so I have a message out to Sarahroo who put me in the right mindset as to what Dave was looking for so if she wants WWZ in either format, 1st choice goes to her. Next up is DevilMan for guessing 1963 which prompted Dave to give out the hint I needed. If both members already have the movie or have no interest etc... I'll offer it up or whatever format is left for anyone who wants it on the forum.

Thanks again Dave! Fun contest!

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 1453 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:18 pm

But I wanted that movie. :-(

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:31 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:But I wanted that movie. :-(

I know! That's why you bought it! By the way don't you have 2 JLaw movies to watch?! Come on man! You're our role model! Just watch them for us! Or do it for the people of Lawrence!

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:33 pm

davevh84 wrote:

Thanks Vader, You're a True Pro, You're Not Greedy and Never Negative. Give Props to Vader!!! :D

Thanks Dave! Glad to see you & your contests finally made it over here!

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:03 am

davevh84 wrote:
Hey Vader, What prize did I give you without winning anything at all ?

That I believe was the Dinner & A movie ticket promotion that you got from Dove bars or something right?

I used the ticket for Star Trek Edge of Darkness
And the restaurant coupon was redeemed for a restaurant that then shortly after went out of business and they screwed me on exchanging it for another restaurant. But at least I got to see Star Trek for free!
Last edited by VaderTheTrader on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheWolverine
Peanut

Liked in: 0 post

Postby TheWolverine » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:04 am

VaderTheTrader wrote:
Thanks! The mystery vudu code was for Scenic Route so I'm pretty happy about that! I wanted to see that one.

Thanks Dave! Much appreciated!

I already have World War Z so I have a message out to Sarahroo who put me in the right mindset as to what Dave was looking for so if she wants WWZ in either format, 1st choice goes to her. Next up is DevilMan for guessing 1963 which prompted Dave to give out the hint I needed. If both members already have the movie or have no interest etc... I'll offer it up or whatever format is left for anyone who wants it on the forum.

Thanks again Dave! Fun contest!

Can I have 3rd dibs please Mr Vader Sir :D

Btw reading back a few pages War already gave devilman an iTunes copy of WWZ. Just saying ;)

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum