Advertisement

Infinity #3 (This is when the heavens turned Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Infinity #3 (This is when the heavens turned Spoilers)

Postby habitual » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Poh-tay-toh, poh-tah-to.

Hab

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 350 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Their roles and ways of operating are totally different =/

Apples and Oranges.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Their roles and ways of operating are totally different =/

Apples and Oranges.

It's just tangential to the point I was making, which I really should have pointed out earlier to Nacireman, but, we all know how that goes.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 214 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:35 pm

habitual wrote:
I've been reading Avengers, it just has nothing to do really with what we're talking about. Ninety percent of the run has taken place on Earth, one hundred percent of the interesting parts.

And about everything on Earth in Avengers has been connected one way or another to events that are cosmic in one way or another, and usually to doubles back to either the Builders and/or Ex Nihlo.

Do you know anything about the Celestials? Literally nothing you've been saying differentiates them from the builders.

Hab

See Fieldy's response.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
And about everything on Earth in Avengers has been connected one way or another to events that are cosmic in one way or another, and usually to doubles back to either the Builders and/or Ex Nihlo.

See Fieldy's response.

I did. See my response.

Nothing you've pointed out really refutes the fact that the Avengers team as its currently set up is too powerful.

Probably the smartest thing Marvel did for this event was remove Galactus from the equation by shunting him into the Ultimate universe, otherwise the outcome would've been a foregone conclusion.

I'm looking more forward to see what Hickman does with Doom than anything the Avengers are doing in space, as that's been far more interesting.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:46 pm

habitual wrote:
I did. See my response.

Nothing you've pointed out really refutes the fact that the Avengers team as its currently set up is too powerful.

Probably the smartest thing Marvel did for this event was remove Galactus from the equation by shunting him into the Ultimate universe, otherwise the outcome would've been a foregone conclusion.

I'm looking more forward to see what Hickman does with Doom than anything the Avengers are doing in space, as that's been far more interesting.

Hab

And yet the team still had a tough time with the Earth's Communication, Self-Repair and Self-Defense systems that emerged from the Origin Bomb.

And the Self-Defense system took out Thor and Hyperion, BTW.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:20 pm

The there was a White Event which gave them a Starbrand and a Nightmask.

Waayyyyyyy overpowered.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:14 am

habitual wrote:The there was a White Event which gave them a Starbrand and a Nightmask.

Waayyyyyyy overpowered.

Hab

The same Starbrand and Nightmask that were taken captive by The Builders?

I suspect they'll be back on the Dyson Sphere when Infinity is over.

- Sons of the Desert

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:05 am

Juan Cena wrote:
The same Starbrand and Nightmask that were taken captive by The Builders?

I suspect they'll be back on the Dyson Sphere when Infinity is over.

The Starbrand wasn't a captive the last I saw, he was blowing up a builder ship, all by himself.

Face it, you have at least three, possibly as many as five depending on Carol's power fluctuations, Herald power level members of the team. Even the builders the elves have said they shouldn't be that powerful.

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that they can't keep everyone on the team.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:48 am

habitual wrote:
The Starbrand wasn't a captive the last I saw, he was blowing up a builder ship, all by himself.

Face it, you have at least three, possibly as many as five depending on Carol's power fluctuations, Herald power level members of the team. Even the builders the elves have said they shouldn't be that powerful.

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that they can't keep everyone on the team.

Hab

There's supposed to be a bit of a shakeup after Infinity, but I expect that it'll be dumping Ex Nihlo, Abyss, probably SpOck, and maybe Wolverine. Captain Universe may start going in and out more.

Starbrand and Nightmask look like to be a big part of Hickman's overall story. I doubt they'll be going far.

Hickman's supposed to have this thing plotted outthrough issue #63 supposedly. So I'm not thinking that the current team will be losing any of the big guns anytime soon.

- Sons of the Desert

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:57 am

Juan Cena wrote:
There's supposed to be a bit of a shakeup after Infinity, but I expect that it'll be dumping Ex Nihlo, Abyss, probably SpOck, and maybe Wolverine. Captain Universe may start going in and out more.

Starbrand and Nightmask look like to be a big part of Hickman's overall story. I doubt they'll be going far.

Hickman's supposed to have this thing plotted outthrough issue #63 supposedly. So I'm not thinking that the current team will be losing any of the big guns anytime soon.

"Where" they're going isn't really relevant, I just don't expect any of them, except Thor, to be Avengers that much longer.

That being said I really don't expect a space team, especially since there's a different space team movie in development.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:05 am

habitual wrote:
"Where" they're going isn't really relevant, I just don't expect any of them, except Thor, to be Avengers that much longer.

That being said I really don't expect a space team, especially since there's a different space team movie in development.

Hab

And since Hickman isn't finished on Avengers yet, I would say you're assumption is wrong. I doubt Infinity is going to be wrapping all of his storylines from the past year into one neat little package. It's always sounded like next step in the story, not the finale.

And as the next storyline following Infinity involves a "Rouge Planet" heading toward Earth, the space stuff isn't quite done just yet.

- Sons of the Desert

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 439 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:16 pm

63 issues of just Avengers? Or 63 issues of everything (NA and Infinity included)?

It would be kind of cool to have 100 issues of this but I don't think I can commit for that long. That's like 4 years worth of comics.

In other news, anyone read the Infinity Against the Tide infinite comic? It wrapped up a two-part storyline that had Silver Surfer fighting Alephs on a Skrull planet. The big things: Surfer has now entered the fight against the Builders and there's a Skrull helping Brand and SWORD fight the Builders on Earth.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Keb wrote:63 issues of just Avengers? Or 63 issues of everything (NA and Infinity included)?

It would be kind of cool to have 100 issues of this but I don't think I can commit for that long. That's like 4 years worth of comics.

In other news, anyone read the Infinity Against the Tide infinite comic? It wrapped up a two-part storyline that had Silver Surfer fighting Alephs on a Skrull planet. The big things: Surfer has now entered the fight against the Builders and there's a Skrull helping Brand and SWORD fight the Builders on Earth.

The article I got that from suggest 63 issues on Avengers. Hickman said that was where he had plotted to. Could be more. Probably around the same number with New Avengers.

Hopefully we'll see Hickman do something with the Surfer. I curious to see where the Skrull helping SWORD goes as well.

Funny you brought that up, though. In my pondering over what Hickman was going with Avengers post-Infinity, it came to mind that we could see Gladiator or Super-Skrull joining the Avengers.

A longshot? Maybe. But if the next logical in Hickman's story is a full-fledged "Avengers Universe," those characters would certainly make both logical and interesting possibilities coming out of Infinity.

- Sons of the Desert

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:36 pm

As far as The Avengers being based in space after Infinity is over

Marvel has already announced that Robinson's new series for them will feature the Invaders out in space

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand