Advertisement

Is Anyone Else Still Reading Mice Templar?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Is Anyone Else Still Reading Mice Templar?

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:41 am

I still find this book to be the most consistently good read out there. While I think that Volume 3 got a little off-track, taken as part of a whole, Mice Templar has been and continues to be a simply breath-taking title.

I've been really impressed with how Oeming has spent the last five issues almost undermining so much of what the readers were told about the world of Mice Templar, only to turn it all back in on itself with Issue #6 and show how really, it's all connected.

So, does anyone else have any thoughts?

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: Is Anyone Else Still Reading Mice Templar?

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:55 am

nope. I dropped it like 4 years ago?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 132 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:56 am

I gave up all mice books.

Glacier16
Post Whore

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: kung-fu treachery

Postby Glacier16 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:00 am

I think I have the first two volumes. I enjoy it but I'd rather read it all at once so I dropped any singles of it (and Mouse Guard).

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:01 am

Victorian Squid wrote:I gave up all mice books.

I bet you'd read a comic in my mind about a mice family dealing with a new child. I call it "Mice, Mice Baby"

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 46 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:36 am

I've only read Mouse Guard and that will be in trade / hc.

I liked Mice Templar but I preferred the Guard better.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:40 pm

My local store got stiffed on my issue of Mice Templar: Legends #7 last week, so I didn't get to read it this week.

Another great issue. I really liked how they have built Leito into a real force in his own right, apart from a counterpoint to Karic or even as a pawn of Pilot. In fact, if anything this issue really underscores how little control Pilot has over Leito, especially after the events of the last issue.

I was surprised that they killed off Captain Tosk. After the character spotlight he received a couple of months back, I expected him to stick around for a while yet.

Speaking of villains, I absolutely adore King Icarus. He's an insane villain, but not one that we get to see very often. Whereas most truly mad villains are either loners or are surrounded with equally insane minions and supporters, those around Icarus seem to spend most of their time simply responding to what he is doing. Moreover - and this didn't occur to me until I started writing this - there is some parallels between Icarus and Leito. Just as Pilot is discovering that Leito is too willful and truly dedicated to the cause to be able to control, so too have the folks around Icarus realized that his insanity is beyond their ability to truly direct toward their ends. The villain forces not named Icarus seem to spend all of their time reacting to the king's actions and rantings. Only former-queen Lorelei seems to be able to deal with him.

All in all, another great issue. Definitely can't wait to see the big battle in the next issue.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand