Monday, June 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel Makes Strong Bid for Stupidest Cover of the Year Award

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Not the worst cover I've seen. If anyone remembers that goblin knockoff Menace pregnant in goblin form in AMS a few years ago, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:51 pm

tankgrrl wrote:
Not any more, ladies and gents. Not any more. ;)

:shock:

Oh dear what have we done now?!

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Jesus.

Got nothing.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:23 pm

BlueStreak wrote:IT WASN'T RACIST WHEN DENZEL WASHINGTON DID IT IN REMEMBER THE TITANS.

I can't seem to remember that scene, old chap.

John Lamberth

FACEBOOKTron

Postby John Lamberth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:45 pm

Y'know, until you guys posted this and I read some of the comments, I didn't associate anything remotely racial about this.
Regardless, this is one of my favorite Deadpool variants.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:54 pm

It's not a banana; it's a plantain.

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:01 pm

dairydead wrote:
That's quite a stretch. Its also based off that whole "peanut butter jelly time" thing, are we forgetting this?

I guess I was just taught different, growing up with black friends and classmates, because I have to agree with dairy here; I really think it's a stretch to see racism in this. I guess I just don't see stereotypes like that without having them pointed out to me. Or, I could just be really stupid.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Being a football fan I saw a group of athletic looking black people near a banana and immediately assumed some Italian fans had thrown it at them, so I can see where the criticism came from.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Arion wrote:
I can't seem to remember that scene, old chap.

He handed a the bigoted coach of an opposing team a banana as a "f**k you" gesture.

Pizza Dog

Zombie Guard

Postby Pizza Dog » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:19 pm

I like it :deadpool

Though the image does look like someone has gone to a Comic Book Store and gone through all the comics putting stickers of Banana-pool on the front of them all :D

Hmmmm!! :smt017

*Orders a load of stickers for her next trip to her local Comic Book Store* Mwahahahaaaa!! :groucho: :groucho:

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Banana a racist term?

According to an episode of American Dad it is.

Francine is a reverse banana do to being raised by Chinese parents. She's yellow on the inside but white on the outside according to her mom.
So... Banana is like the Oreo term. White on the inside but yellow on the inside.

:smt102

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:52 pm

If you throw bananas at black people to be racist, what fruits do you throw at the other groups?

What about vegetables? What are the official racist fruit of each group if some don't have any, is this racist discrimination against them?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Bananas are racist because monkeys famously eat them and calling black people (or, historically, other groups too) monkeys is a common racist theme. Damn, people.

Pizza Dog

Zombie Guard

Postby Pizza Dog » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:09 pm

They're always throwing Bananas at Black players in Football, esp when they're taking a throw-in or corner. :smt013 :smt013

They (meaning some 'fans') then make Monkey noises whilst doing it . Hence the whole 'Kick Racism out of Football' slogan we have going on. 8)

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:18 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Bananas are racist because monkeys famously eat them and calling black people (or, historically, other groups too) monkeys is a common racist theme. Damn, people.

Explain Lord Simian. :P

leave a comment with facebook