Advertisement

Scott Lobdell Fired Off Teen Ti -- Oh, He's Just Joking

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 178 posts

Re: Scott Lobdell Fired Off Teen Ti -- Oh, He's Just Joking

Postby doombug » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Lord Ice wrote:Dammit, this could have been Sterling Gates chance to write something people might want to read. :x

His runs on pretty much everything he wrote before the new 52 are well worth reading good sir.

Especially Supergirl. :smt102

Advertisement

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 244 posts

Postby TimH » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Dammit, Thanos!

Don't trifle with us!

I read the "Lobdell fired from Teen Titans", and my heart started beating fast, and I ran halfway downstairs to dig out my old TT trades and blast Rush's "Bastille Day" over the record player. Or phonograph. Whatever the hip retro media thing is today.

Your joke really wasn't funny. Maybe you should take a one day timeout to reflect.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Damn I almost got excited about Teen Titans again. :smt013
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

TimH
cheese

Postby TimH » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:59 pm

doombug wrote:His runs on pretty much everything he wrote before the new 52 are well worth reading good sir.

Supergirl was a fun book beginning with the Superwoman arc until the untimely end. It costarred Kimio in the last few issues.

Where's Herald? I think Doombug is attacking Kimio.

If you don't like Supergirl and you don't like Kimio, there's a forum on CBR that would love to have you. Participation in the Outhousers Information Experience requires a certain minimum culture level that I'm afraid that Kimio-haters can never achieve. And if you don't love Kimio, you hate her. I'm sorry. I didn't make God's Laws, I just enforce them. :smt011

TimH
cheese

Postby TimH » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:02 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Damn I almost got excited about Teen Titans again. :smt013

Yeah, that was a real piece of work on Thanoscopter's part.

I think he finally went too far.

Maybe he'd prefer living in Iran, where Lobdell is considered trendy.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 178 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:13 pm

TimH wrote:
Supergirl was a fun book beginning with the Superwoman arc until the untimely end. It costarred Kimio in the last few issues.

Where's Herald? I think Doombug is attacking Kimio.

If you don't like Supergirl and you don't like Kimio, there's a forum on CBR that would love to have you. Participation in the Outhousers Information Experience requires a certain minimum culture level that I'm afraid that Kimio-haters can never achieve. And if you don't love Kimio, you hate her. I'm sorry. I didn't make God's Laws, I just enforce them. :smt011

I just praised his Supergirl run. Wtf? :lol: :smt017

Also I can't see this "herald" person you speak of, are you sure he's not a figment of your imagination? :drunk

SporkBot
cheese

Liked in: 284 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Zechs wrote:In #0 it was shown Red Robin got in trouble with some drug dealers and his family had to be put into the Witness Protection Program. His new name? Tim Drake. We never learned his New 52 real name.

Get mah gun, boy! (Too bad I can't find a pick of that redneck from "The Critic" to give that quote more context.)

Grayson wrote:Seems like a bad joke in poor taste, considering the way that other writers and artists have been treated by DC lately...

Agreed. This may be their attempt to "lighten the mood". Maybe they think they're poking fun at themselves, when really they're just pouring salt on wounds they inflicted on other people.

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 400 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 pm

SporkBot wrote:Agreed. This may be their attempt to "lighten the mood". Maybe they think they're poking fun at themselves, when really they're just pouring salt on wounds they inflicted on other people.

Probably another example of DC being tone deaf.

TimH
cheese

Postby TimH » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Chessack wrote:
Probably another example of DC being tone deaf.

Heh, probably a way for Lobdell to schmooze up to his superiors. Basically he's saying, "I love it here. I'm not going anywhere."

Never trust a corporate employee. In my work group, there are a couple of guys who regularly organize funky outings on weekends or after work. The outings are always announced out of the blue, as if the idea was spontaneous.

Then, later on, I realize that our manager reports these outings to her boss to demonstrate that our group is happily engaged with team building activities. No doubt these guys' "spontaneous happy hours" and weekend go-karting events are done to help their end-of-year performance management score. Then, we have another person who is out of the blue always bringing in cookies and candy--but is relatively unfriendly to you unless you're in a position of power.

Never trust a corporate. Lobdell is simply goose-stepping the corporate parade field to basic-needs paradise.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:58 am

TimH wrote:
Heh, probably a way for Lobdell to schmooze up to his superiors. Basically he's saying, "I love it here. I'm not going anywhere."

Never trust a corporate employee. In my work group, there are a couple of guys who regularly organize funky outings on weekends or after work. The outings are always announced out of the blue, as if the idea was spontaneous.

Then, later on, I realize that our manager reports these outings to her boss to demonstrate that our group is happily engaged with team building activities. No doubt these guys' "spontaneous happy hours" and weekend go-karting events are done to help their end-of-year performance management score. Then, we have another person who is out of the blue always bringing in cookies and candy--but is relatively unfriendly to you unless you're in a position of power.

Never trust a corporate. Lobdell is simply goose-stepping the corporate parade field to basic-needs paradise.

Hey I'm a corporate employee and I constantly bring in donuts or cookies. I just like sharing. :smt102
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 72 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:59 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Not me. I read the first year's worth and had had enough.

I can't believe you lasted that long. It looks so early Image... just unreadable

SporkBot
cheese

Liked in: 284 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:20 am

TimH wrote:In my work group, there are a couple of guys who regularly organize funky outings on weekends or after work. The outings are always announced out of the blue, as if the idea was spontaneous.

Then, later on, I realize that our manager reports these outings to her boss to demonstrate that our group is happily engaged with team building activities. No doubt these guys' "spontaneous happy hours" and weekend go-karting events are done to help their end-of-year performance management score.

I worked a grocery store for over 8.5 years. As time wore on, employees were moved from my departments (Dairy/Frozen), and we kept getting auto-shipped stuff we didn't need. Stuff became a freakin' mess, and that's not even getting into the 8 months of hell under a certain person's rule. Every so often, employees would take these surveys on computers, so you'd think we could inform the higher-ups about the problems we were having.

NYET!

The survey questions were all multiple-choice, and dealt with local, in-store or in-department conditions. The questions didn't allow you to point out problems were coming from higher above one's pay-grade, or even above your own manager.

While I'm all for playing Devil's Advocate when necessary, there's always the basic human fact that people don't like admitting when they're wrong, ESPECIALLY if they're in a position of a authority.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 158 posts

Postby misac » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:01 pm

doombug wrote:His runs on pretty much everything he wrote before the new 52 are well worth reading good sir.

I think he knows that and he’s saying he hasn’t been on any worthwhile books since the relaunch.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand