Advertisement

I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18710
Likes: 103 posts
Liked in: 172 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby habitual » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Punchy wrote:Soo... not a boob, valid reasons all round!


Shunning a multi-eisner winning book = automatic boob.

Fairest and American Vampire rock as well.

Hab

Advertisement

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34450
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby Punchy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:30 pm

habitual wrote:
Shunning a multi-eisner winning book = automatic boob.

Fairest and American Vampire rock as well.

Hab


I was reading American Vampire, but it's on hiatus!

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18291
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby Arion » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:28 pm

The Wake has been great. And Astro City.

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16185
Likes: 255 posts
Liked in: 347 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Punchy wrote:Soo... not a boob, valid reasons all round!



I say this before it gets out of hand, no reasons you have are ever going to be valid for anyone here.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42753
Likes: 218 posts
Liked in: 196 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby nietoperz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:34 am

guitarsmashley wrote:

I say this before it gets out of hand, no reasons you have are ever going to be valid for anyone here.


Wrong. I disagree with him, but his reasons are valid. Dismissing everything he ever says out of hand on the strength of old internet disagreements made on an old, dead board when he was still in his teens, however, has little to no validity and is kind of tired and boring.

I mean, we're all grown-ups here, right?
Image

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9238
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 60 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby Zero » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:51 am

nietoperz wrote:I mean, we're all grown-ups here, right?


This is by far the dumbest post ever made on the Outhouse.

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42753
Likes: 218 posts
Liked in: 196 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby nietoperz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 am

Zero wrote:
This is by far the dumbest post ever made on the Outhouse.


Just call me Pollyanna.
Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76411
Likes: 488 posts
Liked in: 767 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:31 am

nietoperz wrote:
Just call me Pollyanna.


Ok, Pollyanna.

SuperginraiX
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 8110
Likes: 82 posts
Liked in: 84 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: Waite Park MN
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:40 am

"If you don't read this book you're an idiot."

:lol:
Image

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39218
Likes: 185 posts
Liked in: 278 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby GHERU » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:46 am

nietoperz wrote:
Just call me Pollyanna.

already do
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16185
Likes: 255 posts
Liked in: 347 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 am

nietoperz wrote:
Wrong. I disagree with him, but his reasons are valid. Dismissing everything he ever says out of hand on the strength of old internet disagreements made on an old, dead board when he was still in his teens, however, has little to no validity and is kind of tired and boring.

I mean, we're all grown-ups here, right?



As this point, this post was not meant to start a fight it was merely that no one here, as has been shown in the past will ever accept as any kind of valid reason on Punchy's taste.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76411
Likes: 488 posts
Liked in: 767 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:58 am

guitarsmashley wrote:

As this point, this post was not meant to start a fight it was merely that no one here, as has been shown in the past will ever accept as any kind of valid reason on Punchy's taste.


This is true. But Punchy is often righter than most.

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18710
Likes: 103 posts
Liked in: 172 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby habitual » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:05 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
This is true. But Punchy is often righter than most.


Only insofar as he's British and clearly still "protected".

Hab

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76411
Likes: 488 posts
Liked in: 767 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:22 am

habitual wrote:
Only insofar as he's British and clearly still "protected".

Hab



Let's take Fables for instance. Clearly Fables sucks, and Punchy is right, because I don't read it. I tried. I read the first trade a few years ago. Also tried fairest. Boring.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18710
Likes: 103 posts
Liked in: 172 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: I'm Liking What DC is Doing With Vertigo Right Now

Postby habitual » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Let's take Fables for instance. Clearly Fables sucks, and Punchy is right, because I don't read it. I tried. I read the first trade a few years ago. Also tried fairest. Boring.


You and Punch:

Image

Hab

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 51 guests

Advertisement