Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:37 am

Cool, Kojima is using Mongolian chops, one of the signature moves of his tag partner Tenzan. :)
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:37 am

And now an Anaconda Vice, another Tenzan speciality. :)
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:42 am

Yeah, the pace has picked up nicely now. :)
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:43 am

Okada retains the title.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:44 am

Overall, I'd say this show wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be, but it was still well worth the price I payed for it.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:58 pm

As noted this weekend, Ryback did an interview and mentioned that Goldberg will be brought back to WWE and Ryback will eventually defeat him. In response to that statement, Goldberg tweeted:

“Good luck with that…”

- We’ve been covering WWE’s cryptic photos and tweets that seem to refer to The Undertaker’s return. WWE’s latest cryptic message mentions legendary comic book writer Todd McFarlane, best known for creating Spawn. Besides writing comic books, McFarlane also produces toys and owns an animation studio. No word yet on what he will be doing with The Undertaker but here is WWE’s latest message with a shot of Taker’s glove:

“@Todd_McFarlane will soon give rise to an icon. #RestinPieces”
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Bianco wrote:As noted this weekend, Ryback did an interview and mentioned that Goldberg will be brought back to WWE and Ryback will eventually defeat him. In response to that statement, Goldberg tweeted:

“Good luck with that…”

- We’ve been covering WWE’s cryptic photos and tweets that seem to refer to The Undertaker’s return. WWE’s latest cryptic message mentions legendary comic book writer Todd McFarlane, best known for creating Spawn. Besides writing comic books, McFarlane also produces toys and owns an animation studio. No word yet on what he will be doing with The Undertaker but here is WWE’s latest message with a shot of Taker’s glove:

“@Todd_McFarlane will soon give rise to an icon. #RestinPieces”


I wonder how happy Mattel is gonna be with this.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Stephen Day wrote:Pro Wrestling NOAH's Naomichi Marufuji has come out. I'm assuming he's challenging Nakamura for the title. That match will be something to look forward to. :)


Oh man! That's one not to miss.

Speaking of the NJPW PPV, did they have English commentators? I heard they were going to add the option to have it in different languages.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Bianco wrote:As noted this weekend, Ryback did an interview and mentioned that Goldberg will be brought back to WWE and Ryback will eventually defeat him. In response to that statement, Goldberg tweeted:

“Good luck with that…”

- We’ve been covering WWE’s cryptic photos and tweets that seem to refer to The Undertaker’s return. WWE’s latest cryptic message mentions legendary comic book writer Todd McFarlane, best known for creating Spawn. Besides writing comic books, McFarlane also produces toys and owns an animation studio. No word yet on what he will be doing with The Undertaker but here is WWE’s latest message with a shot of Taker’s glove:

“@Todd_McFarlane will soon give rise to an icon. #RestinPieces”


Maybe he's going to do covers for their dumb comics.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:55 pm

misac wrote:
Oh man! That's one not to miss.

Speaking of the NJPW PPV, did they have English commentators? I heard they were going to add the option to have it in different languages.


This was an idea misreported by Dave Meltzer.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:13 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
This was an idea misreported by Dave Meltzer.


I was curious how they would do but much prefer the Japanese guys.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 pm

misac wrote:
Oh man! That's one not to miss.

Speaking of the NJPW PPV, did they have English commentators? I heard they were going to add the option to have it in different languages.


Not as far as I know. The version I watched had the usual Japanese commentary and I didn't see any option for an alternate broadcast.
User avatar

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:14 am

I know most folks don't watch RAW much anymore, or at least don't post about it, but I did watch a little bit of it last night. While there were a few bright spots, The Rhodes vs McMahons, which may be the best constructed and built story line that I have seen since the mid 80's, there were way more eye rolling and cringe worthy moments on the show. The absolute worst was the debut of the Matadors with the midget in the bull suit. I don't even know how to describe how bad that was. My wife was watching with me and she felt embarrassed for them, and politely asked me to please "turn that shit off" :lol:
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:30 am

Thunderstruck wrote:I know most folks don't watch RAW much anymore, or at least don't post about it, but I did watch a little bit of it last night. While there were a few bright spots, The Rhodes vs McMahons, which may be the best constructed and built story line that I have seen since the mid 80's, there were way more eye rolling and cringe worthy moments on the show. The absolute worst was the debut of the Matadors with the midget in the bull suit. I don't even know how to describe how bad that was. My wife was watching with me and she felt embarrassed for them, and politely asked me to please "turn that shit off" :lol:


I the Matadores but they are way out of place.

The Shield match was good of course. And I liked Heyman proposing to Ryback. :D
User avatar

goof

crash test dummy

Postby goof » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:The absolute worst was the debut of the Matadors with the midget in the bull suit.


JBL saying, "I've got to get one of those." about the bull midget was the best part.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 71 guests