Saturday, August 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Also there's some pretty serious hints that at least 1 of the major characters on the show could actually be a very well known character from the Marvel U.

Not to mention the mysteries of Ward's parents which seem to be something big and the pilot and exactly who she is. :smt102

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:41 pm

They've written a SHIELD show that "isn't for" a life-long comics fan who for decades read Marvel comics and has read most of every volume of a SHIELD comic ever published? Am I supposed to say "Good job there, ABC"?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:08 pm

doombug wrote:Also there's some pretty serious hints that at least 1 of the major characters on the show could actually be a very well known character from the Marvel U.

there are? clearly I've missed those.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Last night's episode was meh. Liked the appearance of
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Fury.

Other than that, the other actors are boring as hell.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:12 pm

chap22 wrote:there are? clearly I've missed those.

Skye is Jessica Drew.

Think about it, the male agents she's been around excluding Coulson act weird around her, she's working for a secret organization who are definitely not what they appear to be, she's obviously not using her real name. :smt102

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:17 pm

That's a real stretch.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:That's a real stretch.

yeah. there's nothing in there to make me suspect she's Jess Drew.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:19 pm

chap22 wrote:yeah. there's nothing in there to make me suspect she's Jess Drew.

Nonetheless, it only goes to prove that even Doombug could write a better SHIELD tv show. :-(

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 pm

:lol:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:38 pm

You know what else would be awesome? If the cliffhanger at the end of the first season involved killing off the entire cast! Then they could replace them with better actors and characters, and we'd all think it was brilliant.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:40 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:You know what else would be awesome? If the cliffhanger at the end of the first season involved killing off the entire cast! Then they could replace them with better actors and characters, and we'd all think it was brilliant.

still saving that trick for the end of the GotG movie, IMMO

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:45 pm

GREAT! Now I want to see Skye in Spider-Woman tights! :-D

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:08 pm

doombug wrote:Not to mention the mysteries of Ward's parents which seem to be something big and the pilot and exactly who she is. :smt102

For these so-called 'mysteries' to matter, one must first care about the characters. Something that the show hasn't even begun to do in two episodes.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:12 pm

I find that few shows make you care about the characters in the first two episodes.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:16 pm

The good ones do, though, the kind of shows Loeb's talking about when he says people watch tv to be "a part of something".

So far this ain't one of those.

leave a comment with facebook