Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.
1. Each nomination must be a moment in a comic released the week of the thread. This does not include weekly previews, trade paperbacks, or back issue digests. For new comics check out Midtown Comics release dates.
2. Everyone can make ONE nomination. You can either nominate a moment yourself or second/third/fourth/fifth an already existing nomination. However, second/third/fourth/fifth will not count per nominating and thus earn entry above in Top Nominations. You want in that list you must nominate something.
3. It must be an actual moment involving the actions or statements of a comic character in an issue. No "This writer returns to the series", "this artist draws this character", "the book is better", etc.
4. If you want to change your nomination, there are a few factors involved:
---> A) No one can have seconded your nom.
---> B) If it is clear for you to change your nom, you must edit your original post or the new post will be disqualified as being a double nomination.
---> C) You can change your second, third, etc. by editing your original post before the nomination period ends.
Moments on the poll do not have to be seconded. If there is room in the poll, moments that were nominated but not seconded will be added based on the order they were nominated.
6. Again, please be specific on the comic title, issue number and moment. Also be clear that you are actually nominating or seconding something ... statements such as "Yeah, that was a cool moment" aren't clear. You must nominate a single moment in the comic and can't nominate the whole issue. Once more, if you don’t include the issue and number the moment will not be included.
7. The thread for nominations will go up on Wednesday (new comic day) at 11:00 PM (Central) or when Zechs arrives later that night and posts in the previous week thread announcing voting is closed. The nominations will go until 2:00 PM (Central Time) Sunday Afternoon, or whenever Zechs arrives and will post in the thread stating, “It’s over.” and will start the poll. If a new comic day falls on a holiday week in American, then the thread will be made for that day (be it Tuesday or Thursday). Regardless, nominations will STILL conclude on Saturday deadline.
8. Please be civil when commenting on other people's nominations. But feel free to discuss them in this thread.
9. In case there is debate on WHEN exactly a title came out, http://www.midtowncomics.com or the official websites of said publishers (be it Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, etc.) will be the final word on the quarrel.
10. Any nominations not following the above rules will be disqualified. Unless of course if Zechs, who is feeling sad for the person who missed the rule and might give them time to provide the correction. Then he will pester bk into putting the nomination in the poll. Of course this wouldn’t be a problem if Zechs wasn’t granted the glorious powers of a moderator, which one day such power will be Zechs, oh yes they will his.
11. If at five nominations are not made, Zechs will choose some, but they will all count as one nomination, not multiple thus making sure balance is preserved.
12. AKA the Rulk rule. If several moments are tied past the deadline of 11:00 PM (Central Time) Wednesday (or holiday date when new comics arrive in the US) or when Zechs arrives that night, then voting will continue on in sudden death for eight more hours, until one is decided. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
If one isn’t still decided, then Zechs will provide the deciding vote, regardless if he has voted already. So if that isn't enough reason to get a ton of votes on that additional day than you're just dooming yourself to give Zechs another vote.
13. AKA the Hobgoblin rule. Roderick Kingsley Hobgoblin moments when winning for three days straight automatically win the poll. No last day or second voting changes it to troll the ruler of this thread.
14. Any moments from Batgirl Volume 4 that win, Zechs will not post them, due to being anti-Batgirl v. 4. He hates. HE HATES that damn book on his principles of vols. 1 & 3 along with Birds of Prey vol. 1 & 2 that came before it and considers vol. 4 garbage and his woes for not buying a DC Comic ONE YEAR AND A HALF AND COUNTING.
Anyone who nominates any moment from that series, well you're just going to have to post the nomination thread WHENEVER that happens. We'll work out the details whenver they occur. As for Zechs, he will then just sit in the corner giving you the winner/nominator of the moment of Batgirl v. 4 the EVIL EYE the entire time. He really REALLY hates that comic. Really really hates it. Someone get this man help please.
If any moment from Batgirl v. 4 is in a tie, for more than a day, Zechs will turn the deciding vote over to DC's Frankenstein. For only a monster could truly decide if a book that monsterous deserves to win.