Advertisement

Trillium #3 (We are the aliens here Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Trillium #3 (We are the aliens here Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:06 am

Jeff Lemire’s strange love epic continues to develop very nicely indeed, as both Nika and William have to deal with returning to their own times, and the consequences of just what went on.

The majority of this issue is focused on Nika, as Lemire kicks things off with a flashback to her childhood. Her family is desperate to escape from a Planet that is about to be destroyed by ‘The Caul’, and in the end, she and her mother get on the escape ship, but not her dad, which was a really sad moment. In her present day, she is back on the spacestation, floating in some kind of tank a la Luke Skywalker at the end of Empire Strikes Back, and when she’s out of the medi-tank, she finds out that Pohl is planning to go an attack the aliens for the Trillium plant. Nika escapes, using her talking space-suit and an awesomely retro-looking raygun, and makes her way to the aliens, but the attack from the other humans still comes.

Meanwhile, back in 1919, William is freaking out about what just happened, and tries to convince his brother about what just happened. We find out a few dribs and drabs of William’s history, like his unhappy arranged marriage, but most importantly, Clayton blows open the temple.

This issue returns once again to the stylistic experimentation used in #1, with William’s pages being upside down. I must say I didn’t like this format as much as the ‘flipbook’ of #1, as it was a bit of a hassle to keep turning the book around and around. But it was effective, especially that double page-spread of the two stair-ways, that was truly mind-bendingly impressive. Lemire is really stretching himself here, and the whole book looks fantastic, especially with Jose Villarrubia’s colours.

This issue culminates with the two time periods once again meeting, and this time in a much bigger way, Clayton is in the future, and the spaceships Pohl sent to attack the aliens are now bursting out of the top of the Temple in 1919! Man, this book is mental, I can’t wait to see what’s next, especially now that Nika and William are able to communicate.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 539 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Trillium #3 (We are the aliens here Spoilers)

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:58 am

Not as good as the first two issues.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 286 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Trillium #3 (We are the aliens here Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:47 pm

I agree that the upside down pages for William's story were annoying. It was neat when we got to the double page spread of William's brother and Nika entering the temple at the same time, but that wasn't worth the price of putting up with something that didn't really work up until then.

Other than that though I enjoyed what I read this issue. The final page was a real "oh crap" sort of moment. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand