Friday, July 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:39 am

Gravity. Good movie.

crazywords

Peanut

Postby crazywords » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 am

xxx not the cosbys lol
User avatar

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:20 am

This is the End

Could have been a little bit shorter, but still hilarious. Danny McBride is always hilarious.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 am

Dredd was pretty decent, I would have liked to see more of the city but obviously the budget wasn't there.
User avatar

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:27 am

Zero wrote:Dredd was pretty decent, I would have liked to see more of the city but obviously the budget wasn't there.

I liked it as well, but it seemed like they took the Dredd character and placed him in a 'claim the tower' story. Is there a Dredd book with that particular story?
User avatar

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 am

Perfume, The Story of a Murderer

Image

Very interesting movie, from a very interesting book. It doesn't quite translate to screen well considering the whole premise of the story is scents. It moves slowly in some places as they try to show the main character's obsession with smelling things, but without smellovision it doesn't quite play. Still, Alan Rickman, Dustin Hoffman, murder, boobies...what more could you want?
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 am

outsider wrote:I liked it as well, but it seemed like they took the Dredd character and placed him in a 'claim the tower' story. Is there a Dredd book with that particular story?


I'm pretty sure it's an original thing for the movie, and that Ma Ma was invented just for it.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Savages by Oliver Stone. Pretty good so far, we'll see about the end though.

Uh-oh, really bad monologue by Travolta that sounds like a mouthpiece for the director..

EDIT: Well it was downhill from there, with a Breaking Bad-style ending that then gets rewound, literally, to give the main characters a happy ending--even the sickest character of them all, a murderer and rapist named Lado.

WTF was up with that?? He raped his own wife after kicking her in the gut, for just one thing, there was no reason for that character to get to ride off into the sunset. :?
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Savages by Oliver Stone. Pretty good so far, we'll see about the end though.

Uh-oh, really bad monologue by Travolta that sounds like a mouthpiece for the director..

EDIT: Well it was downhill from there, with a Breaking Bad-style ending that then gets rewound, literally, to give the main characters a happy ending--even the sickest character of them all, a murderer and rapist named Lado.

WTF was up with that?? He raped his own wife after kicking her in the gut, for just one thing, there was no reason for that character to get to ride off into the sunset. :?

I almost watched Savages last night. I watched Solomon Kane instead. I needed something with a shorter runtime. I've had Savages waiting in my backlog since it's release date. One day I'll get around to watching it.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:52 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I almost watched Savages last night. I watched Solomon Kane instead. I needed something with a shorter runtime. I've had Savages waiting in my backlog since it's release date. One day I'll get around to watching it.


I was just talking to someone I loaned that DVD to, you must watch it soon. Stone recently trashed Breaking Bad's ending in particular, and the two endings (or three, or four, depending on who's counting) are interesting to compare/contrast.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:55 pm

I picked up a copy of The Master for a couple bucks too, and watched that last night. I think I missed something near the end, should probably watch the last third over again. I thought it was pretty good while keeping that in mind.
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I picked up a copy of The Master for a couple bucks too, and watched that last night. I think I missed something near the end, should probably watch the last third over again. I thought it was pretty good while keeping that in mind.

I loved that movie.
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Johnny Guitar

... thank you, Robert Osborne
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I loved that movie.


Netflix is punking me during peak traffic so I'll probably watch the second half or so again. I think it is a good film, the musical score/soundtrack was unusually good too for a hyper-modern movie. I see who the director is now, I don't think I've seen all his movies but the ones I have were all pretty good.

I happened to see a brief description of his next film: "In Los Angeles in 1970, drug-fueled detective Larry "Doc" Sportello investigates the disappearance of a former girlfriend."

That sounds like a movie we'd probably both like too.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:35 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Netflix is punking me during peak traffic so I'll probably watch the second half or so again. I think it is a good film, the musical score/soundtrack was unusually good too for a hyper-modern movie. I see who the director is now, I don't think I've seen all his movies but the ones I have were all pretty good.

I happened to see a brief description of his next film: "In Los Angeles in 1970, drug-fueled detective Larry "Doc" Sportello investigates the disappearance of a former girlfriend."

That sounds like a movie we'd probably both like too.


It's based on a Thomas Pynchon novel, Inherent Vice, you should read the book, it's great.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Craig David, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Kurosawa, MSNbot Media, Pizza Dog, Sarahroo and 26 guests

cron