Advertisement

NYCC: James Rhodes to Star in New Iron Patriot Series at Marvel

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 317 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Ales Kot and Gary Brown will serve as creative team on the new series announced at Marvel's 'Events, Events, and More Events' panel at New York Comic Con today.

Source: CBR

In the final new series announcement coming out of Marvel's "Events, Events, and More Events" panel, Ales Kot and Garry Brown will bring readers a new Iron Patriot series. Here's a quote from Marvel Editor Mark Paniccia from CBR:

Rhodey's been a Secret Avenger, he's done a lot of global special ops missions, and he gets fed up with it. The series is about James Rhodes becoming his own man, away from Iron Man.

We here at The Outhouse think it's great that Rhodey is finally tying to be his own man after thirty years, but we have to question the effectiveness of wearing an Iron Man suit painted slightly differently in achieving that goal. It's like trying to get over your ex-girlfriend by keeping pictures of you and her together all over your house, constantly visiting her facebook page, and doing nothing but talk about her every time you go on a date with someone else.

Iron Patriot #1 will be in stores in March.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 829 posts

Re: NYCC: James Rhodes to Star in New Iron Patriot Series at

Postby HNutz » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:20 pm

With Kot on board, this sounds better than the last Rhodes book, Iron Man 2.0.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Ales Kot is awesome, a Rhodey solo book is a gamble. If he's going to be featured in any of the upcoming movies, though, they will keep the character in circulation.

The Bass

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby The Bass » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:35 am

Since I've been working in the shop, this is the third solo series I've seen with Rhodes. The other two stunk. This will be no different. I can think of at least 20 other characters I'd like to see get a shot at a series, and Rhodey gets another go, because he's a minority, and it suits Marvel to publish a book with a black lead (and Black Avengers sucks too). Thank God I'm trying to scale back what I'm buying ahead of my move.

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 95 posts

Postby LobsterJ » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:45 am

The Bass wrote:Since I've been working in the shop, this is the third solo series I've seen with Rhodes. The other two stunk. This will be no different. I can think of at least 20 other characters I'd like to see get a shot at a series, and Rhodey gets another go, because he's a minority, and it suits Marvel to publish a book with a black lead (and Black Avengers sucks too). Thank God I'm trying to scale back what I'm buying ahead of my move.

Don't forget to pack your crystal ball.

The Bass

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby The Bass » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:53 am

12 Issues. Or less. Unknown writer, unknown artist, unpopular lead. Can't decide if this or Ghost Rider gets killed first.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand