Monday, September 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel to Publish Neil Gaiman's Miracleman #25 Plus Full Run (UPDATED)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Marvel to Publish Neil Gaiman's Miracleman #25 Plus Full Run

After what seems like ages since they announced they had the rights in 2009, Marvel will finally publish some old Miracleman stuff that people actually want to read.



Source: CBR

At Marvel's Cup O' Joe panel today, mushy writer Neil Gaiman announced that Marvel would finally be bringing his Miracleman run back into print, including the never published Miracleman #25, which was completed years ago but has never been seen because comic book creators such as Gaiman and Todd McFarlane have been fighting like babies over the rights for years. It's not clear yet exactly what format the comics will be published in, but it looks like it will be more than one volume, if not single issues or a combination of the two, since Joe Quesada said that the return would "begin" in January and culminate in the release of Miracleman #25.

To celebrate, Joe Quesada drew a Miracleman cover which, in a rare move for the Marvel Chief Creative Officer, does not feature a character who looks like he's taking a poop, although it is highly possible that Miracleman is indeed constipated in the image, which you can view below. In response to the news, another former Miracleman writer, Alan Moore, reportedly cast a curse on everyone involved.







Written or Contributed by Jude Terror


READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Dang! :band
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:58 pm

But what about the Alan Moore stuff?
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Punchy wrote:But what about the Alan Moore stuff?


If I am understanding this correctly--they aren't supposed to mention Moore per an agreement, but the assumption is those issues will be reprinted as well.
User avatar

Levi Caverly

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Levi Caverly » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:25 pm

since this is Marvel's trump card for the past four years does this mean Newsarama, their countdown lists and these Marvel panels will come to an end? This is like the end or something...
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
If I am understanding this correctly--they aren't supposed to mention Moore per an agreement, but the assumption is those issues will be reprinted as well.


That would be so great!
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Punchy wrote:But what about the Alan Moore stuff?


After the video, Quesada told the still excited crowd that MiracleMan's return, starting with the long out of print material and culminating in the ending of Gaiman's incomplete arc, will begin in January 2014.


To me it sounds like to me that they will be reprinting starting with Moore's run, either via single issues monthly... or via collections, and ending with Gaiman's never-completed run.
User avatar

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:02 pm

I was reading Marvelman when it was being published in Warrior and had to suffer the agonising wait when 'Marveldog' appeared before a powerless Mick Moran and the seemingly endless wranglings before Eclipse took the series up and continued the story.

Alan Moore's run was brilliant - up to a point. I will say his re-imagining of MM was one of the best things I've ever read in comics. His explanation for MM's hokey origin & original run of stories was genius.

Once he got rid of the Moran persona & Gargunza, I felt the series lost vital elements. Then Moore seemed to get really pretentious (I got very pissed off with, for example, Marvel/Miracleman & Woman dancing among the stars - ugh). I thought the whole take on MM being like a God was dogshit. Then after Moore it got even worse.

Interested to see what new stuff Marvel come up with. I'm sure it was rumoured that he would first appear in Guardians of the Galaxy.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Chris wrote:


To me it sounds like to me that they will be reprinting starting with Moore's run, either via single issues monthly... or via collections, and ending with Gaiman's never-completed run.


I can't wait to read this.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:59 am

UnionJack wrote:I was reading Marvelman when it was being published in Warrior and had to suffer the agonising wait when 'Marveldog' appeared before a powerless Mick Moran and the seemingly endless wranglings before Eclipse took the series up and continued the story.

Alan Moore's run was brilliant - up to a point. I will say his re-imagining of MM was one of the best things I've ever read in comics. His explanation for MM's hokey origin & original run of stories was genius.

Once he got rid of the Moran persona & Gargunza, I felt the series lost vital elements. Then Moore seemed to get really pretentious (I got very pissed off with, for example, Marvel/Miracleman & Woman dancing among the stars - ugh). I thought the whole take on MM being like a God was dogshit. Then after Moore it got even worse.

Interested to see what new stuff Marvel come up with. I'm sure it was rumoured that he would first appear in Guardians of the Galaxy.


I dunno if I would want Marvel/ Miracle Man to interact with the regular Marvel characters yet-maybe down the line when he is fully reintroduced and then have him meet the current Captain Marvel.
User avatar

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:51 am

UnionJack wrote:Interested to see what new stuff Marvel come up with. I'm sure it was rumoured that he would first appear in Guardians of the Galaxy.


Seeing as how it culminates with #25 which was written ages ago, the article would indicate that they aren't coming up with "new" stuff
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:14 am

Regulator wrote:
Seeing as how it culminates with #25 which was written ages ago, the article would indicate that they aren't coming up with "new" stuff


The way they talked about "finishing" I wouldn't be surprised if they finish "The Silver Age"
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm preordering it.
User avatar

The Shadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby The Shadow » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Arion wrote:I'm preordering it.

I've already done that!!

Can't wait.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:18 pm

The Shadow wrote:I've already done that!!

Can't wait.


I wonder if Miracleman will include free digital codes like other Marvel books. I'm just curious.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cavemold, Grayson_Wayne_72, holtom2000, sdsichero and 73 guests