Advertisement

Aquaman #24

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 552 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Aquaman #24

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Newsarama preview

Who is the Scourge of the Seven Seas?! All his life, Arthur’s been told that he is the King of the Seven Seas. But he’s about to learn exactly what that title means—and the dark power and legacy it carries with it. Is it possible for one man to rule every living thing in the ocean? Or is the King of the Seven Seas always doomed to die trying?

Written by: Geoff Johns
Art by: Paul Pelletier, Sean Parsons
Cover by: Paul Pelletier
32 pages
U.S. Price: $2.99
On Sale: October 23, 2013

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Re: Aquaman #24

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Johns finally spills the details on Atlantis' true history, who the Dead King really is/was, and Arthur's true heritage. Some of this we guessed but there are a few twists that I didn't see coming. For example there were once Seven Kingdoms Of Atlantis (one kingdom for each Sea), and that the
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Trench creatures and Mera's people were part of these Kingdoms until Atlantis sank and they all had evolved differently to survive.

I can see some readers not liking the Arthur reveal, but the story isn't over yet so maybe more twists are coming.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Great issue.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 638 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Paul's art just gets better and John's story continues to prove Aquaman is so much more than fish jokes.

Nice reveal about the lost tribes and (while predictable) I'm looking forward to Arthur's response to his own lineage shake-up.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:21 am

Like the homage to Aquaman's 90's look around the time he lost his hand.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:51 pm

And since it's now 6 months later (that also places this after "Forever Evil") looking forward to the inevitable flashbacks that will fill in the gaps of what happened.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews