Advertisement

Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 34495
Likes: 460 posts
Liked in: 279 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:19 pm

There is a minor spoiler for Avengers #21 in what I'm posting here, so be warned about that.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 34495
Likes: 460 posts
Liked in: 279 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:20 pm

I mentioned in Punchy's thread about Avengers #21 that I thought it was nice to see Ronan get back into a leadership role among the Kree. Further discussion in that thread has me thinking about where the character goes from here and I thought I'd ask the opinion of everyone here regarding their wishes for Ronan's future.

So, what would you like to see happen with Ronan?

Personally, I'd like to see him become the ruler of the Kree Empire again and maybe rekindle his relationship with Crystal. I didn't think, and still don't think, that it was a good idea on Marvel's part to end their marriage.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

Chicanery
User avatar
expert hobo killer
 
Posts: 52
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:30 am


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby Chicanery » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:32 pm

I see him rejecting the Kree Empire, and joining the Avengers as an ally. Especially given that the Kree are to become enemies of Earth.

TS Punk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 26713
Likes: 523 posts
Liked in: 267 posts
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby TS Punk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Chicanery wrote:I see him rejecting the Kree Empire, and joining the Avengers as an ally. Especially given that the Kree are to become enemies of Earth.


I could see that or I could see him leading the Kree against the Earth. He's playing the major villain in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie so maybe they try to make him a major villain in the comics :smt102 Personally I like the idea of hims becoming an ally of the Avengers better.
Image

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 32817
Likes: 53 posts
Liked in: 62 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Chicanery wrote:I see him rejecting the Kree Empire, and joining the Avengers as an ally. Especially given that the Kree are to become enemies of Earth.


It depends on if whether it's Ronan in charge or the Supreme Intellegence of the Kree post-Infinity.

I could see Ronan, Gladiator and Super-Skrull joining the Avengers post-Infinity though. It looks like the main book is going to be dealing with the more cosmic stuff like the multiversal superstructure, and Avengers World will be dealing with Earth-stuff like AIM.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 19911
Likes: 147 posts
Liked in: 226 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby Amoebas » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Seeing as he led the Kree into unconditional surrender - his longevity there is questionable.

He should go running back to Crystal when all this is over.

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18568
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 115 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby habitual » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Amoebas wrote:Seeing as he led the Kree into unconditional surrender - his longevity there is questionable.

He should go running back to Crystal when all this is over.


So the Supreme Intelligence leading them to a much larger unconditional surrender is a wash? That doesn't make sense to me.

Ronan is a much better leader.

Hab

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8603
Likes: 617 posts
Liked in: 189 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby Draco x » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
It depends on if whether it's Ronan in charge or the Supreme Intellegence of the Kree post-Infinity.

I could see Ronan, Gladiator and Super-Skrull joining the Avengers post-Infinity though. It looks like the main book is going to be dealing with the more cosmic stuff like the multiversal superstructure, and Avengers World will be dealing with Earth-stuff like AIM.


I like this idea alot.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13004
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby doombug » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 pm

I really hope he gets back together with Crystal, why did they separate them in the first place? That was a cool idea with some very fun execution. (Yes I need to catch up on that side of the Marvel U)
Image

Image

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 69071
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 386 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby sdsichero » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:01 am

I'd like to see him toned down a bit.

Maybe Ronan The Scolder.

Flynn the Pirate
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 2023
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:59 am


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:27 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a split amongst the Kree between those supporting Ronan and a heroic, warrior-esque culture of freedom and those supporting the genetic purity and cold mathematical calculations of the computer-god Supremor.

oogy
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7924
Likes: 247 posts
Liked in: 55 posts
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 6:39 pm
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby oogy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 pm

sdsichero wrote:I'd like to see him toned down a bit.

Maybe Ronan The Scolder.

Ronan the Suspicious?
Ronan the Thinks He Knows Who Did It But Needs More Proof?
Image

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 69071
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 386 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby sdsichero » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:36 pm

oogy wrote:Ronan the Suspicious?
Ronan the Thinks He Knows Who Did It But Needs More Proof?


Or they can just go back to his name as a kid "Ronan the Tattletale"

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 32817
Likes: 53 posts
Liked in: 62 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: Ronan the Accuser After Infinity

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Flynn the Pirate wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we see a split amongst the Kree between those supporting Ronan and a heroic, warrior-esque culture of freedom and those supporting the genetic purity and cold mathematical calculations of the computer-god Supremor.


That could happen too.

Or the Supreme Intelligence could just do s**t behind Ronan's back.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook


Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 60 guests

Advertisement