Advertisement

New Captain America: Winter Soldier Trailer

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: New Captain America: Winter Soldier Trailer

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:16 pm

The dude who previously played John Storm makes a decent Steven Rogers.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 86 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:The dude who previously played John Storm makes a decent Steven Rogers.

I prefer the dude who played Johnny Storm.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1261 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Draco x wrote:I am betting that the main villain will be revealed to be Red Skull and that he had found Bucky's body and brought him back as the Winter Soldier like in those A:EMH episodes.

Bah, the Red Skull was a fool and the actor playing him doesn't even want to return. It is obvious to me that the main villain of this film should be none other than BARON ZEMO!!!!!!!

Victorian Squid wrote:I thought the first Captain America movie was the best of the Marvel movies so far, the trailer looked good too.

100% this and I loved most of the Phase One Marvel movies but there was something about Captain America that just stood out to me more than the rest.
ImageImageImage

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Also, the Cleveland shots in this one are wayyyy more prominent than Avengers (except for the Germany/Loki stuff, which was very distinct)

But all the Bucky fight scenes in the streets are blatantly downtown Cleveland, and Bucky shooting cars on the highway is right near downtown. And Steve getting shot at on his bike by a SHIELD quinjet is a fucking bridge literally 2 minutes away from my house that I posted pics of when they were filming there in June. :lol:

It takes me out of it just a little, because there's no way I can pretend it's D.C. here :lol: At least with Avengers, outside of the Germany scene, they covered a lot of stuff up with background CG to make it seem New York-y.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:24 pm

It's the go-to pre-destroyed city, unless Galactus just left and then you use Detroit.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 299 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Chris wrote:Also, the Cleveland shots in this one are wayyyy more prominent than Avengers (except for the Germany/Loki stuff, which was very distinct)

But all the Bucky fight scenes in the streets are blatantly downtown Cleveland, and Bucky shooting cars on the highway is right near downtown. And Steve getting shot at on his bike by a SHIELD quinjet is a fucking bridge literally 2 minutes away from my house that I posted pics of when they were filming there in June. :lol:

It takes me out of it just a little, because there's no way I can pretend it's D.C. here :lol: At least with Avengers, outside of the Germany scene, they covered a lot of stuff up with background CG to make it seem New York-y.

Well you can't have them film in Chicago since Michael Bay destroyed the city a hundred times over in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Nobody wants to bother with LA it'll destroy itself either by earthquakes or a volcano. New York been abused so much in almost every Roland Emmerich movie, well Cleveland deserves to get picked on now.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 600 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Looks absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to see this movie! April is my birth month and normally I have my birthday dinner followed by a Marvel movie at the first of May, next year I get to have it on April 4th!! :smt026

Also looks to me that even though Cap is wearing the "SHIELD" version of his uniform for most of the film, one of those last shots he is wearing one that looks more like his WWII uniform which I think is his best uniform he has had in the movies.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 430 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:24 pm

MrBlack wrote:I don't think the Red Skull will have a role in the main plot, if just because he was pretty effectively removed from the playing field at the end of the first Captain America movie. He might show up in a third film, or in a future Avengers installment, but I think he's off the table in this movie. I'd bank on Armin Zola being responsible for Bucky's resurrection (and the actor who played him IS confirmed to be in this movie).

Yeah the Arnim Zola angle is not surprising seeing as how he never got caught in the first one. However, I would love to see Zemo, Sin, Strucker and Viper also show up at some point-maybe not in this one but down the road if they make more Captain America films.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Zechs wrote:
Or.... Robert Redford = Red Skull.

Or better yet Dell Rusk which was rumored to be the part he was playing for this film.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Chris wrote:I am more excited for this movie after that trailer than any other Marvel Studios movie to date except Avengers.

True. I really hope Fox puts out a better X-Men: Days Of Future Past trailer than the one we just got recently as I want to see all the Marvel movies that drop next year.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Grayson wrote:
Bah, the Red Skull was a fool and the actor playing him doesn't even want to return. It is obvious to me that the main villain of this film should be none other than BARON ZEMO!!!!!!!

100% this and I loved most of the Phase One Marvel movies but there was something about Captain America that just stood out to me more than the rest.

I am with you on this as I can't wait to see Zemomake his debut. On a separate note, they did confirm that Batroc and Crossbones would be in the film if I am correct.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Draco x wrote:Yeah the Arnim Zola angle is not surprising seeing as how he never got caught in the first one. However, I would love to see Zemo, Sin, Strucker and Viper also show up at some point-maybe not in this one but down the road if they make more Captain America films.

Arnim Zola was caught in the first film. Colonel Phillips ate a steak in front of him while he was in a holding cell. :smt102
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Draco x wrote:I am with you on this as I can't wait to see Zemomake his debut. On a separate note, they did confirm that Batroc and Crossbones would be in the film if I am correct.

Yup. Batroc the Leaper is being played by the UFC's Georges St-Pierre and Crossbones is being played by Frank Grillo, although I don't know who that is even though I have seen movies that he is supposedly in.
ImageImageImage

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Draco x wrote:
I am with you on this as I can't wait to see Zemomake his debut. On a separate note, they did confirm that Batroc and Crossbones would be in the film if I am correct.

The guy on the plane when Cap jumps out that confirms he's not wearing a parachute is Crossbones.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum