Advertisement

Marvel Expanding TV Line-up to Add Four New Shows + A Miniseries?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 521 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Marvel Expanding TV Line-up to Add Four New Shows + A Mi

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 pm

HNutz wrote:Good ideas!

I like this, but I'd throw in the detective agency/bodyguard angle. Have it as a modern day A-Team meets Burn Notice. They could easily build up minor characters like Prowler.

I like the idea of Dr Strange, House meets Supernatural but I think I really want to see Strange on the big screen instead.

Me too, but I think a Dr. Strange series (or maybe call it "Strange Tales" or something) has serious potential, too. Using flashbacks like Arrow does, we could see Strange training with the Ancient One & his rivalry with Mordo. We could see heroes like Jack Russell, the Bloodstone family and even Blade appear. As for enemies, how about werewolves, vampires, Deacon Frost, Nightmare, Mordo (after a slow burn), and Dormammu (eventually)?

We should be show runners for Marvel :-D

Advertisement

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 721 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:
We should be show runners for Marvel :-D

I think we'd kick ass at it, man! 8)

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:08 pm

A Moon Knight series would be interesting, seeing as how they cancelled the idea of it before. If Marvel wants to give the Batman fans an alternative then this would be the way to go. The downside is that most of MK's rogue gallery sucks with Bushman, Stained Glass Scarlet, Nephytys, the Profile, Rand Spector, SETH and Black Spectre being the few exceptions.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:11 pm

They've been talking about a Cloak and Dagger TV show for a while now.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:22 am

Draco x wrote:A Moon Knight series would be interesting, seeing as how they cancelled the idea of it before. If Marvel wants to give the Batman fans an alternative then this would be the way to go. The downside is that most of MK's rogue gallery sucks with Bushman, Stained Glass Scarlet, Nephytys, the Profile, Rand Spector, SETH and Black Spectre being the few exceptions.

They could always take some liberties with the rogues.

Arrow has been using folks like Bronze Tiger & Deadshot, with Amanda Waller and Ra's Al Ghul coming up. Not your typical Green Arrow villains.

Moon Knight could borrow from Captain America's and Daredevil's rogues galleries. Typhoid Mary, Scourge, Batroc and his crew, Lady Bullseye could all work.

My main concern with a Moon Knight show, however, would be getting folks to realize he's not "white Batman".

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:50 pm

HNutz wrote:
They could always take some liberties with the rogues.

Arrow has been using folks like Bronze Tiger & Deadshot, with Amanda Waller and Ra's Al Ghul coming up. Not your typical Green Arrow villains.

Moon Knight could borrow from Captain America's and Daredevil's rogues galleries. Typhoid Mary, Scourge, Batroc and his crew, Lady Bullseye could all work.

My main concern with a Moon Knight show, however, would be getting folks to realize he's not "white Batman".

Agreed. I would go you better and have characters like Slaymaster, Jigsaw, Deacon Frost, Kirigi, the Reapers, the Pride, Ghost, Crossbones, Flag Smasher and so show up as villains. I would also have Daredevil, Elektra, Blade, Punisher, Hannibal King, Werewolf By Night and Ghost Rider appear at some point. Another good idea would have Marc Spector start out as a SHIELD agent but decided to quit to go out on his own and resurface in the SHIELD series as Moon Knight later on.
And as for the last point, I do agree that has always been MK and similar Batman-lite characters' problems as they're always in his shadow. The way I see this working is to show that even though MK is similar to Batman, that he's more of a homeage than a ripoff.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Draco x wrote:A Moon Knight series would be interesting, seeing as how they cancelled the idea of it before. If Marvel wants to give the Batman fans an alternative then this would be the way to go. The downside is that most of MK's rogue gallery sucks with Bushman, Stained Glass Scarlet, Nephytys, the Profile, Rand Spector, SETH and Black Spectre being the few exceptions.

That's a big enough rogues gallery to build a show off of though. It's about as big as Batman had in his 60s TV series, and that show made it work.

Thank you Troy for the sig

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Stephen Day wrote:That's a big enough rogues gallery to build a show off of though. It's about as big as Batman had in his 60s TV series, and that show made it work.

Yeah, I don't think you need a TON of villains, just good ones.
Draco x wrote:
Agreed. I would go you better and have characters like Slaymaster, Jigsaw, Deacon Frost, Kirigi, the Reapers, the Pride, Ghost, Crossbones, Flag Smasher and so show up as villains. I would also have Daredevil, Elektra, Blade, Punisher, Hannibal King, Werewolf By Night and Ghost Rider appear at some point. Another good idea would have Marc Spector start out as a SHIELD agent but decided to quit to go out on his own and resurface in the SHIELD series as Moon Knight later on.
And as for the last point, I do agree that has always been MK and similar Batman-lite characters' problems as they're always in his shadow. The way I see this working is to show that even though MK is similar to Batman, that he's more of a homeage than a ripoff.

See, I think they should focus more on the differences so the viewers don't feel like they're watching Batman-lite.

Some of your proposed characters might work better in a supernatural-esque show if Marvel decided to go that way.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:46 pm

HNutz wrote:

Yeah, I don't think you need a TON of villains, just good ones.

See, I think they should focus more on the differences so the viewers don't feel like they're watching Batman-lite.

Some of your proposed characters might work better in a supernatural-esque show if Marvel decided to go that way.

Very true. Some of the things they could do is focus on MK's ties to Khonshu as his main motivation, make sure he has no Robin-lite sidekicks like Midnight ever show up, show Marlene as an integral part of his life and make sure Frenchie never gets reduced to being his own Alfred.
As for the last part, well the sky is the limit to how many venues can go with series-wise.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Actually, I think The Punisher might work as a regular series. Yeah, the violence might be an issue, and IDK how Frank could get away with killing somebody every week on network TV (or even cable). Though if you use a Frank=Dexter pitch, maybe a network might bite.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum