Advertisement

Arrow Annotations - S02E03: "Broken Dolls"

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 949 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Arrow Annotations - S02E03:

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:15 am

I still think her mask looked 3D.

I was almost expecting Ollie to throw on some sunglasses like his Smallville counterpart.

He should or wear a mask plus a false beard to hide his ID.

With BC, I suspect it is the lost sister, trained much like Ollie.

In fact I'd laugh if by season end they suggest that Ollie has sort of been played by Ra's all this time to be a tool to control Starling city. He manipulated Ollie by sending a group of agents to put him through the island. Slade is an agent of his as is Shado, her father, Fyres was as well... one big plot. After all, we keep seeing Slade's mask with an arrow through the eye on the island of today. Plus given all the rest of the story... Ollie was alone when found by the fishermen.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 949 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:16 am

:lol: Laurel on this show, is the Lana on Smallville. Love to hate her.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 184 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote::lol: Laurel on this show, is the Lana on Smallville. Love to hate her.

with the way she's been the first few episodes of this season? Absolutely. :lol:

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 pm

doombug wrote:with the way she's been the first few episodes of this season? Absolutely. :lol:

Agreed, I liked her during the first season, but this season I feel like somebody needs to slap some sense into her.

Thank you Troy for the sig

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 246 posts

Postby TimH » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:But in the end, I think its still inevitable that at some point, Laurel's going to take the role during the course of the show.

Laurel has her bad-ass moments. I concede though as much as I like the actress and as much as I like the idea of Dinah Laurel Lance being Black Canary, at this point in time, her character doesn't really have the motivation to don a costume and fight crime on the streets. ;)

If the show moves too fast, Ollie will have his own Justice League of America... I'm glad the show is still finding cause for the dramatic pathos--you know, season 1, he was angry, dedicated heart and soul to bringing an end to these corrupt businessmen. The show hasn't lost that tension though--Tommy's death was more meaningful and plot-important than I realized. Ollie is now angry about his excesses as a vigilante and the police force's willful incompetence.

Arrow has to be an angry show--it's too "silly" without the extreme emotions. SHIELD does better with the light-hearted attitudes. It is doing well as an "adventure comedy." Arrow has to be about crazy people with deep passions. Otherwise the execution is too silly.

smileyman
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Postby smileyman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Apartment 52 - The Dollmaker's apartment is #52. DC really likes the number 52.

Couldn't this also be a bit of a nod to the freakyness of the X-Files (Fox Mulder's apartment number was 42), and if Mulder were in this universe he'd be all over Starling City.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum