Advertisement

If You're New, Say Hello!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 35135
Likes: 554 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 pm

adamiani wrote:It occurs to me that I've been posting pretty actively for about a week and never swung by to say 'hello'.

Hello!


Uh... incidentally, why does everyone seem to have a post-count in the mid five digits?


Nice to see you post in this thread -- welcome.

A lot of us have high post counts because it's a fairly small community here. Most here have been around for awhile.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Mr. Log
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6204
Likes: 109 posts
Liked in: 135 posts
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:43 am
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby Mr. Log » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Nice to see you post in this thread -- welcome.

A lot of us have high post counts because it's a fairly small community here. Most here have been around for awhile.


And we post a lot of quick, meaningless drivel :-D

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23393
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 34 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby bkthomson » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:47 am

Log-Man wrote:
And we post a lot of quick, meaningless drivel :-D

Do not!
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 35135
Likes: 554 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:15 pm

bkthomson wrote:Do not!


Do so!
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

matchax
User avatar
Birdman
 
Posts: 21
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:41 am


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby matchax » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks for having me !!!
- MC

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 35135
Likes: 554 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:02 pm

matchax wrote:Thanks for having me !!!


Well, thanks for being here. :)
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

leonblurry
Whippersnapper
 
Posts: 11
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:14 am


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby leonblurry » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:38 am

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I love reading comics. Glad to find such forum.

Best Regards,
Leon Blurry

Chocolate Chips
User avatar
Whippersnapper
 
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:37 am


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby Chocolate Chips » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:52 am

Hi. I'm new. My reading list is short, but I can only afford 8 books a month. I will be getting the Sandman prequel of course. Here is my pull list:

Astro City
Doc Savage - comes out in December
Fables
Guardians of the Galaxy
Saga
The Shadow
Thor
Wonder Woman
Image
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands.

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 69709
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 472 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby sdsichero » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Welcome newcomers
ImageImageImageImageImage

The Beast
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2184
Likes: 233 posts
Liked in: 96 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby The Beast » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm not new but I'm slightly improved!

Thanks to a better understanding of my Autism, I'll try and be a little more considerate of all the fucking eggshells some of you politically correct/hurt pussy slobs leave lying around for others to navigate...

:groucho:

geekinlyesmith
User avatar
Fish-Smackin' Knight
 
Posts: 8
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:07 am
Location: Oklahoma
Title: Legen- Wait for it...


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby geekinlyesmith » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 am

Hello there. I'm Lyesmith. I'm almost 29, married, father of 5. I like long walks on the beach.

That's a lie. I'm an overweight pasty white guy who doesn't like walking nor the outside.

But I do like comic books! I was raised in the back of my Uncle's comic book store by a pack of rabid comic book men who taught me the way of the geek. I'm gleefully passing down those lessons on to my children.

I run a fledgling blog and podcast that I'm working really hard on, doing mostly comic book reviews, but we've done some other things as well.

Currently reading -
Marvel
Guardians of the Galaxy
Most of the X-Titles (except for Wolverine centered stuff. He's on my sh*t-list)
Infinity
DC
JLD
Constantine
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Anything By Top Cow

I'm easily distracted and easily amused. For example, I am enthralled with the way the smiley-face band is in perfect rhythm with each other. That is impressive.
I used to be a lab tech is a drug testing lab.
I play guitar.
I love to sing, and I'm terrible at it.
Cyclops was right.
Joss Whedon is my lord and master.
Kyle Rayner is probably the worst character in the history of literature.
Wolverine is a close second.
I can't stand Young Avengers, but I like Gillen's other work.


And I think that sums me up!

Lord Simian
User avatar
The Lord of the Monkeys
 
Posts: 34891
Likes: 135 posts
Liked in: 258 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 am
Location: Poosting from The Outhouse


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

geekinlyesmith wrote:Hello there. I'm Lyesmith. I'm almost 29, married, father of 5. I like long walks on the beach.

That's a lie. I'm an overweight pasty white guy who doesn't like walking nor the outside.

But I do like comic books! I was raised in the back of my Uncle's comic book store by a pack of rabid comic book men who taught me the way of the geek. I'm gleefully passing down those lessons on to my children.

I run a fledgling blog and podcast that I'm working really hard on, doing mostly comic book reviews, but we've done some other things as well.

Currently reading -
Marvel
Guardians of the Galaxy
Most of the X-Titles (except for Wolverine centered stuff. He's on my sh*t-list)
Infinity
DC
JLD
Constantine
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Anything By Top Cow

I'm easily distracted and easily amused. For example, I am enthralled with the way the smiley-face band is in perfect rhythm with each other. That is impressive.
I used to be a lab tech is a drug testing lab.
I play guitar.
I love to sing, and I'm terrible at it.
Cyclops was right.
Joss Whedon is my lord and master.
Kyle Rayner is probably the worst character in the history of literature.
Wolverine is a close second.
I can't stand Young Avengers, but I like Gillen's other work.


And I think that sums me up!


Hi, Lyesmith! I think you and Outhouse EIC Bluestreak will get along great! :P

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 69709
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 472 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:18 pm

The Beast wrote:I'm not new but I'm slightly improved!

Thanks to a better understanding of my Autism, I'll try and be a little more considerate of all the fucking eggshells some of you politically correct/hurt pussy slobs leave lying around for others to navigate...

:groucho:


reported
ImageImageImageImageImage

sumbuck
User avatar
Faster Pussycat
 
Posts: 1
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:59 am


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby sumbuck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 am

Just wanted to say hello stumbled across this site and figured i'd give it a go. I am 37 yr old married father of 3 curtain climbers, used to be into comics quite a bit as a kid then life happened and now that my youngens are growing up im starting to get back into them. Big fan of yale stewart, skottie young, and chris uminga. Anywho just thought id say hey.

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 35135
Likes: 554 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Re: If You're New, Say Hello!

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:00 pm

sumbuck wrote:Just wanted to say hello stumbled across this site and figured i'd give it a go. I am 37 yr old married father of 3 curtain climbers, used to be into comics quite a bit as a kid then life happened and now that my youngens are growing up im starting to get back into them. Big fan of yale stewart, skottie young, and chris uminga. Anywho just thought id say hey.


It's good to have you here. I hope you post more and enjoy it. :)
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 35 guests

Advertisement