If I could go back and do it all over again, I think that I would have left out the Guild of Calamitous Intent. They just didn't really fit in with the rest of my draft and I think I could have used those letters in better places elsewhere. For instance, I would have used the "D" I used on Dr. Dinosaur (even though I REALLY wanted to use him) to draft Devastator (Generation One Transformers) for the Reapers. Aside from that, I am pretty happy with how the rest of my teams turned out. The Machine Empire was probably my most ambitious team to date. I didn't want it to be a large threat until I unveiled Locutus and then I wanted all bets to be off.
As for everybody else's teams, I think Troy said it best:
Thunderstruck wrote:Pretty satisfied how my two rounds worked out. I think they could make a very interesting corner of a comics Universe, they match up well IMO.
With 52 characters each, everyone basically drafted their own comic book universe. That's absolutely huge and I think that everybody did an amazing job. I've said it before but I will definitely say it again for this draft, the major comic publishers need to take note of the stuff that we are doing because some of our ideas are golden. e_galston
- Usually I talk to you a little bit more throughout the draft but this time I never really got around to telling you how fantastic your team building was. If a book featuring any of your teams was announced tomorrow I would add it to my pull list in a heartbeat, especially if it was any of your hero teams vs. your Masters of Evil. troy
- Good God Almighty man, the scale of your teams is simply epic. I would hate to live on a world that stood between one of these teams and another. One of the things I tried to do when creating the Machine Empire was give it the same feel that a reader had when they reached the end of the Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps special and saw the Anti-Monitor, Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, and Parallax (Kyle Rayner) staring back at them but you recreated that feeling with each and every one of your teams. Bubba
- While your Adventurers Guild is quite outstanding, I can't help but marvel at the absurd brilliance of the Brute Squad. Can you imagine any lone superhero arriving on the scene and having to deal with that? I'm sure a new pair of spandex would be in order. Your teams are always a blast and you did not disappoint. pastajoe
- I know that it has already been mentioned but I love the fact that you committed to using the last letter instead of the first and absolutely made it work. It's hard for me to pick one of your teams as my stand out favorite because honestly, I love them all but your villains teams are quite impressive and the fact that you used the Nuclear Man was an automatic win in my book. hnutz
- SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! I love the idea of a Once Upon a Time-esque story featuring video game characters instead of fairy tale characters. As much as I like the Smash Bros. games, I have always wanted to have an epic RPG game that encompasses a large library of video game characters and you nailed. Outsider
- There is a fantastic, nostalgic quality to all of your teams that makes me happy to have been a comic fan for as long as I have. Several of your choices made me say "Holy shit, I remember him/her!" I would gladly read a comic featuring the Motley Fools or the Global Guardians. draco
- I love the fact that your teams find a balance between the horror genre (you drafted Krampus!) and street-level crime fighting. Most of the characters are definitely characters who I wouldn't want to run in to on a dark night and I love it because of how much of a suspenseful vibe your choices created.