Advertisement

Saga #15

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: Self Important

Saga #15

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 pm

Seriously awesome. Especially praying…or getting blow jobs. Such a great comic.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 124 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Saga #15

Postby habitual » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:22 am

The end creeped me the fuck out.

Hab

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:24 am

habitual wrote:The end creeped me the fuck out.

Hab

Really the end made perfect sense and provided a totally oh shit moment. The Stalk was never there he's just been on heroin the whole time it's great and awesome and I mean he's gonna live through it obviously but, it just adds a great layer to his own hallucinations.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:04 am

Pretty good issue, kinda saw the whole thing coming with the hallucinations though because Star Trek.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:35 pm

I’m running out of things to say about Saga at this point. It’s just so consistently good every issue, and I can’t just keep on banging the drum about how effectively BKV juxtaposes crazy science fiction concepts and realistic human relationships. It’s repetitive for me and for you, my dear readers. Basically, this issue is just as good as all the others, and the various subplots move along very nicely indeed, so I’ll recap ‘em and give some thoughts.

The Tabloid Journalists meet up with one of Prince Robot IV’s family members (who is kind of a bitch, but also a bad-ass) and ask her about Alana, who served under her in the army. We find out a bit more Alana back-story, and then one of the journalists is hit by a sniper. I liked how he wasn’t angry at being shot, he was actually pleased, because it would help him win awards, and was there a little hint of these two journalists being lovers? Interesting. Countess Robot X takes out the sniper by fucking nuking the building they shot from, and that just shows how hardcore this war is.

Back on Quietus, Marko is actually getting out of his depression, as the family and Heist start playing a boardgame, Nun Tuj Nun, which looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Of course, fun in this book is pretty shortlived, as an argument soon breaks out over what Marko and Alana are supposed to do with their future, they can’t stay with Heist forever, and they don’t want to raise Hazel in a space-ship, but they can’t get jobs as being seen in public together would be a death sentence, so what can they do? Alana storms off, angry and being told what she should do as a mother and wife, and when Marko goes to calm her down, she once again tries to deflect the argument with sex, and tries to suck his dick. This scene was funny, but I think the forthrightness of sex in this book is getting a little old at times, yes, these people like to fuck, and there’s some point about not slut-shaming or something (whatever ‘sex-positive’ comics are, this is one of ‘em) in there, but it just makes Alana seem like a weirdo. Oh no, I’ll probably be accused of sexism after saying that, it just felt weird, but I suppose, Marko did realise it was weird, and he stops her. They do kind of resolve the argument about their future, and up in the Lighthouse, Heist reveals that there are some industries that Alana and Marko can work in. Oh, and Marko does get his blowjob after all, hooray!

The most interesting plot involved The Will, as he finally gets his ship fixed and decides to ignore his vision of The Stalk and go after Marko and Alana with Gwendolyn. Slave Girl/Sophie gets a bit more focus here, as she wanders off and has a vision of her own… of her mother. Then, Vaughan reveals a hell of a twist, this whole planet that they’ve been crash-landed on is full of a parasite called ‘Heroine’ that’s in all of the animals and plants (so, the food) that tries to trick people into staying put and joining the eco system. The space-ship repairmen got it, and that’s what’s behind The Will’s vision of The Stalk, and why she’s tried to talk him out of leaving. The issue ends with Sophie stabbing The Will in the neck under the influence of Heroine, and man, it’s a great ending. I’m sure that The Will will survive (he and his shitty cat are probably the most popular characters in this book), but it was a great surprise, and explains a lot about the last few issues. This book never does what you’d expect it too, and that’s brilliant.

Just as I run the risk of repeating myself about Vaughan’s story, the same applies to Fiona Staples’ brilliant artwork, which is just so consistently good. I loved Fox-Man who helped fix The Will’s ship, and basically everything looked great, the fact that she pencils and colours this book makes it even more impressive. The cover was also great, a cool homage to Romance Novel covers that’s just a great fit for this book and it’s audience.

So yeah, Saga is still fucking good, no shit Sherlock, what a surprise.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:00 pm

It's at the point where I'm almost bored with Saga because it's so consistently, predictably good. God damn, I loved this issue. It could always use more Lying Cat, though.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:02 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:It's at the point where I'm almost bored with Saga because it's so consistently, predictably good. God damn, I loved this issue. It could always use more Lying Cat, though.

Lying Cat is overrated.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Punchy wrote:
Lying Cat is overrated.

LYING

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
LYING

This, and shut up Punchy!

Hab

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:35 pm

It's a cat that says 'lying', what's so good about that?

I'm not a cat-person, so what's the deal? It's just stupid.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Punchy wrote:It's a cat that says 'lying', what's so good about that?

It appears your Ability To Feel Joy is broken, Punchy. You should really get that checked out.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Your face is stupid.

Didn't Lying Cat just win a moment of the week?

Get a grip Punchy, your hatred of anthropomorphic animals is making you look foolish.

Hab

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:47 pm

I'm not a cat-person, so what's the deal? I'm just stupid.

Yes, you are.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:12 pm

habitual wrote:
Your face is stupid.

Didn't Lying Cat just win a moment of the week?

Get a grip Punchy, your hatred of anthropomorphic animals is making you look foolish.

Hab

Yeah, because the Moment Of The Week poll is the true barometer of quality.

I don't hate anthropomorphic animals, that's Twigg, and anyway, Lying Cat isn't anthropomorphic.

It's an OK concept, but the obsession people have with it is stupid, it shouldn't be on a T-shirt and it shouldn't be so popular.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Punchy wrote:It's an OK concept, but the obsession people have with it is stupid, it shouldn't be on a T-shirt and it shouldn't be so popular.

Yeah, because you are the true barometer of quality.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand