Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Person of Interest

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:41 am

Just watched the ep.

I love Root. That bitch is so broken. And yet, powerful at the same time. Always in control despite being 100% batshit insane. Both she and Shaw are broken. They make a good match. Alternate version of Finch and Reece.

I like Kirk Acevedo. Hope he shows up again.

The musical choices they use for the show tend to be kinda great every so often. DJ Shadow: "The Number Song" from Endtroducing. Hell yeah.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Strict31 wrote:Just watched the ep.

I love Root. That bitch is so broken. And yet, powerful at the same time. Always in control despite being 100% batshit insane. Both she and Shaw are broken. They make a good match. Alternate version of Finch and Reece.

Yeah they are an interesting pair. The thing is though, they appear to be going in opposite directions. Shaw appears to be healing in the same way that Finch and Reece are healing. Root on the other hand, seems to be getting worse. She's descending further in the same directions she was going in when we first saw her more than anything else.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:09 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Yeah they are an interesting pair. The thing is though, they appear to be going in opposite directions. Shaw appears to be healing in the same way that Finch and Reece are healing. Root on the other hand, seems to be getting worse. She's descending further in the same directions she was going in when we first saw her more than anything else.

The machine is trying to heal Root. Root thinks it is the machine that needs to be set free, but she doesn't realize how she's locked her own self away for all these years.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:10 am

Strict31 wrote:
The machine is trying to heal Root. Root thinks it is the machine that needs to be set free, but she doesn't realize how she's locked her own self away for all these years.

Exactly this. And the look of realisation on her face at the end of the episode when Finch points out that rather than going against the machine's wishes by keeping her in the library he is almost certainly doing exactly what it wants is telling.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:21 am

nietoperz wrote:
Exactly this. And the look of realisation on her face at the end of the episode when Finch points out that rather than going against the machine's wishes by keeping her in the library he is almost certainly doing exactly what it wants is telling.

That was good.

But now Finch has two pets to feed. One will bite him though.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Carter vs HR.

Nice.

Next week we get 32 numbers, I bet all of them are HR members.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:40 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Carter vs HR.

Nice.

Next week we get 32 numbers, I bet all of them are HR members.

I'm thinking that we'll be seeing the last of HR by the end of this season.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I'm thinking that we'll be seeing the last of HR by the end of this season.

Agreed.

They are going to try to build up that "anoymous" style group as the main bad organization...

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:49 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
Agreed.

They are going to try to build up that "anoymous" style group as the main bad organization...

First there was Elias, then HR, and now this new group. The writers of this show do like their organization up to no good in the background storylines don't they?

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
First there was Elias, then HR, and now this new group. The writers of this show do like their organization up to no good storylines don't they?

What I like bout it though, is they know when to end a storyline and not drag it on i.e. having Carter and Reese playing cat and mouse, having Fusco and Carter not know they are both working for Finch and Reese.

I love Elias, I think he is a great character.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
First there was Elias, then HR, and now this new group. The writers of this show do like their organization up to no good in the background storylines don't they?

Another thought, this is exactly what Agents of SHIELD is missing.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:03 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
Another thought, this is exactly what Agents of SHIELD is missing.

More like their groups need a face. The Anonymous group has the black guy, HR has the guy from the Wire and Simmonds, Elias has himself and his enforcer with the scar, the government had Snow and now Hirsch......

Every group has their own go-to guy.

BTW the trailers for the next story arc don't bode well for Fusco :cry:

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:08 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
More like their groups need a face. The Anonymous group has the black guy, HR has the guy from the Wire and Simmonds, Elias has himself and his enforcer with the scar, the government had Snow and now Hirsch......

Fusco ain't going anywhere. :smt013

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:10 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
What I like bout it though, is they know when to end a storyline and not drag it on i.e. having Carter and Reese playing cat and mouse, having Fusco and Carter not know they are both working for Finch and Reese.

I love Elias, I think he is a great character.

Once again I agree, unlike other shows, (Lost was bad for it) the writers of Person of Interest seem to know to end a storyline before fully launching into another.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:12 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:

Yeah, Centipede isn't a bad idea for a foe, but they need somebody, some individual, the viewer can look at and wish ill of.

leave a comment with facebook