Sunday, June 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:30 pm

sdsichero wrote:Maybe Arion can be an Asa Butterfield fan

Ender's Game Actor Compares Character to Shinji Ikari



I've heard other people saying that Neon Genesis Evangelion was inspired by books like Ender's Game.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 pm

You can't have these upcoming figures Cat, but you can have what they are based on.

Kotobukiya Teases Bishoujo Slasher Figures

No, it's not a some weird Halloween/April Fools crossover. The idea was actually previously mentioned at New York Comic Con, but Kotobukiya picked today to hit Facebook with a teaser for two figures reimagining slasher movie killers as sexy bishoujo figures.

Image

Also it was mentioned in the article that Mara Jade is up for pre-order

Image
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Sheesh... that's a lot of trees....

"One Piece" Manga Gets Record 300 Million Print Run in Japan

Japanese publisher Shueisha announced on October 30 that Eiichiro Oda's super popular manga One Piece would have 300 million copies in print with the 72nd volume of the manga which was scheduled to be released in Japan on November 1. One Piece is their first manga series breaks the record. It is nearly twice more than the record of the second most successful manga in the publisher's history, Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball (152 million). And the One Piece manga is still going strong. The 71st volume of the manga which was published in August 2013 had 4 million copies in its first printing.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Here you go Cat...

"Kill la Kill" Twitter Profile Images And PC/Mobile Wallpaper Now Available

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:44 pm

sdsichero wrote:You can't have these upcoming figures Cat, but you can have what they are based on.

Kotobukiya Teases Bishoujo Slasher Figures


Image

Also it was mentioned in the article that Mara Jade is up for pre-order

Image


:smt013 :smt097 :smt093

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:46 pm



I'm not really a fan.

Nor do I twitter. If I did it would be just saying "fuck you" and "fuck off" to a ton of people. That and "I love boobies".
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:01 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I'm not really a fan.

Nor do I twitter. If I did it would be just saying "fuck you" and "fuck off" to a ton of people. That and "I love boobies".


Sorry thought you liked it since you were posting images. They have wallpaper too (aside from twitter stuff).

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:24 am

sdsichero wrote:
Sorry thought you liked it since you were posting images. They have wallpaper too (aside from twitter stuff).


Those were for Arion's benefit so he'd understand what I had said of the show here. It's a Herald show with the t&a. It's also insane.

They are interesting images. But they lack two characters that are over the top. The girl friend of the heroine and the guy in charge of discipline at the school.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:58 pm

First of two topics -

Saint Seiya's latest will make you happy Arion. The original five are back and together fighting. Dragon is now back to being Libra, a Gold Saint again. All that and new versions of their cloths.

Second - Valvrave is just a great robo anime. It really is good stuff. I'm really enjoying it's return and it's mysteries growing and being resolved.

Image
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Witch Craft Works Anime's Promo Video, Cast, Staff Unveiled

The official website for the January 2014 television anime Witch Craft Works opened on Friday and unveiled the first promotional video, cast, and staff.

User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:38 pm

sdsichero wrote:Sheesh... that's a lot of trees....

"One Piece" Manga Gets Record 300 Million Print Run in Japan



Fucking hell! American comic books haven't broke the half a million barrier in over a decade, and this thing is selling 300 millions. Unbelievable.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:First of two topics -

Saint Seiya's latest will make you happy Arion. The original five are back and together fighting. Dragon is now back to being Libra, a Gold Saint again. All that and new versions of their cloths.

Second - Valvrave is just a great robo anime. It really is good stuff. I'm really enjoying it's return and it's mysteries growing and being resolved.

Image


Oh goody, goody. Where can I take a look at their new cloths?
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Hmn in Japanese but surprised it didn't exist before...

"One Piece" Japanese Official Portal Site "ONE-PIECE.com" Opens

In commemoration of the 15th anniversary of the TV anime series next year, Shueisha and Toei Animation jointly launched "ONE-PIECE.com," an official portal site for Eiichiro Oda's super popular manga series One Piece on November 1. The manga has been serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump since 1997 and the TV anime produced by Toei Animation started broadcasting on Fuji TV on October 20, 1999.

The site provides information on all kind of One Piece-related genre including manga, anime, games, character goods, and events. The visitors will be even able to check the first several pages of the new manga episode on the site on Friday before Shonen Jump's official release day, usually Monday.


also: Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece anime series for Fall 2013
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Those were for Arion's benefit so he'd understand what I had said of the show here. It's a Herald show with the t&a. It's also insane.

They are interesting images. But they lack two characters that are over the top. The girl friend of the heroine and the guy in charge of discipline at the school.


Thanks for posting it!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Arion wrote:
Oh goody, goody. Where can I take a look at their new cloths?


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Basically, huge enemy army has the modern heroes at bay. Those guys show up. No more army.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 32 guests