Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Flynn the Pirate wrote:Given that the WWE has given up entirely on the brand extension formula, I could easily see another series of title unifications.

I predict that at Survivor Series, we see Team Authority vs. Team Show, with a stipulation regarding his renewed employment. This is followed by a one-on-one with Kane (i.e. The Authority's "monster") at TLC. Show then challenges for the title at Royal Rumble.

A Traditional Survivor Series match? At Survivor Series?! Don't be crazy!
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

Advertisement

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 pm

BROTHER IMPULSE RETURNS~!

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 283 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:52 pm

They will not unify the World Titles. With two belts, you can have a world champion show up on both house show tours.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:54 pm

Punchy wrote:
I thought Scott Hall was living with DDP? How is he allowed to go to booze-fuelled Manchester?

Booze-fuelled?

Its relatively calm nowadays. I've finished Uni and Kieran's hitting 30 ....

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:58 pm

Nash will be at Rhode Island Comic Con tonight, not sure if I want to talk with him or not. :smt102

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Lord Simian wrote:They will not unify the World Titles. With two belts, you can have a world champion show up on both house show tours.

Like I said, it wouldn't be a true unification, it'd just be one wrestler holding both belts for a time, then losing one.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Jubilee wrote:
Booze-fuelled?

Its relatively calm nowadays. I've finished Uni and Kieran's hitting 30 ....

THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby misac » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:25 pm

KING King Impulse wrote:I don't think they'll unify the titles. They just got a new design for the WWE Championship, and the World Heavyweight Championship is too classic to ever retire.

They had the spinner belt for years so there's no account for taste. :P

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby misac » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:27 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Thinking about getting WWE14 this weekend. I bought 13 and Attitude was fun. Is 30 Years worth it?

You should wait. Black Friday is just around the corner. :D

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 214 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Punchy wrote:
The Outsiders are Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.

Yeah and the only Hall and Nash skins available currently in the game are Razor and Diesel.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 828 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:23 pm

I got tired of the WWE games when they started making it a pain in the ass to make your own characters. I liked when you could assign whatever stats you wanted to them, because I wanted to make my own wrestlers and set them up the way I wanted. When they started making it so you had to train them to get their stats up and shit and unlock moves, it became totally lame. I don't want to play your stupid storyline mode, WWE.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:33 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Thinking about getting WWE14 this weekend. I bought 13 and Attitude was fun. Is 30 Years worth it?

AI is merciless and just when you think you're winning they turn things around out of nowhere. The 30 Years mode is a nice nostalgia trip reliving moments from the matches Only downside is the commentary. They should have hired Ventura and Vince doing the "classic" matches commentary not JR and Lawler. Then for the modern era it's "heel" Cole/Lawler.

Also I don't understand why they just don't include the various skins on one icon for Cena, Taker, Triple H, Kane, Lesnar, and Ric Flair. "Hollywood" Hogan, Jericho, and Michaels have different move sets compared to their other counterparts. But the others? Why not just one slot like they did with Savage, Bret, and Ricky?

The other issue I have with this is the lack of tag teams. Yeah you get the classic top tiers superstars. But what about the Hart Foundation? Rockers? Nasty Boys? Demolition? Road Warriors? Bushwackers? The Twin Towers? New Age Outlaws? Brain Busters? Those immortal matches get tossed to the wayside.

Also the fact that the other "DLC" is locked (the various costumes, moves, music are all there save the actual characters) and won't be unlocked is stupid. You have the Warrior, but the whole pre-order thing has been a nightmare. Wal-Mart never carried this extra, and some of the Gamestops have had issues with their unlock codes (like the one I'm having with currently since the code they give is longer than it's supposed to be).

They should just give some of the fans the Warrior free period. Still, what you get is a lot. I'm having loads of fun with the create-a-character, King of the Ring, and playing in the classic arenas. I haven't even tried the new rivalry mode or parted some of the belts I won.

I'd say Syxx wait a month too. The current crop of creative wrestlers suck too. The best of the bunch are Piper and the Wyatt Clan.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:57 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I got tired of the WWE games when they started making it a pain in the ass to make your own characters. I liked when you could assign whatever stats you wanted to them, because I wanted to make my own wrestlers and set them up the way I wanted. When they started making it so you had to train them to get their stats up and shit and unlock moves, it became totally lame. I don't want to play your stupid storyline mode, WWE.

That's gone in this mode. You're given a blank page and build from the ground up. There will be more DLC for more moves and features supposedly, but you get right from the get go access to everything to custom make your character.

I've already made a "Commander" Zechs with "Monsieur" Misiac.

The problem I have is they've made it so open it takes so freaking long to get the character how you want too. So I've gotten lazy and just went with the templates. :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 283 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Zechs wrote:
That's gone in this mode. You're given a blank page and build from the ground up. There will be more DLC for more moves and features supposedly, but you get right from the get go access to everything to custom make your character.

I've already made a "Commander" Zechs with "Monsieur" Misiac.

The problem I have is they've made it so open it takes so freaking long to get the character how you want too. So I've gotten lazy and just went with the templates. :P

That was always the best part, though, in any create-a mode: The time you put in making everything perfect. I swear, over the years, I've spent more time fine-tuning characters than I have actually using them.

And don't be embarrassed: I only in the last few games began making "myself" as a character. Before that... and I swear to Kong I DON'T KNOW WHY I DID THIS.... I always created "Al Bundy" and used him.

But I had the same issue in sports games like Madden and the MLB games, in franchise mode: I spent HOURS creating my key players, and then doing full on drafts, etc... and once the season actually STARTED PLAYING, i lost interest quick. :oops:

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 464 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Yeah I'm definitely gonna wait a while before I pick up WWE14. I rarely watch wrestling anymore, more or less get whats going on from websites and you guys, so I will wait until I can get it for a cheaper price.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum