Advertisement

Jonah Hill, Emma Stone Offered Ghostbusters 3 Roles?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 241 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:01 am

Asked for comment, Bill Murray reportedly said, 'nyah nyah nyah nyah.'

Source: Schmoes Know

Greetings! It is I, your El Presidente, reporting from Day 2 of Chris Christie's post-election victory party in New Jersey. I came for the hugs. I stayed for the gravitational pull.

But I have more important things to talk about than a RINO's weight problem, comrades. Schmoes Know is reporting that Jonah Hill and Emma Stone have been offered roles by Sony to star in Ghostbusters 3, the long-rumored threequel to the hit eighties movie franchise that pretty much everyone has given up on by this point.

The production of Ghostbusters 3 has been an interesting saga, with the will he or won't he drama of Bill Murray reprising his role as Dr. Peter Venkman an ongoing source of contradictory rumors. Murray, the Alan Moore of movies, refuses to star in anything people actually want to see. The problem with Sony and Dan Aykroyd is that they are going about this the wrong way. They should not be asking Bill Murray to star in the movie. They should be telling him to star in the movie.

I will never forget what I told my little buddy Che Guevara before he left to start a revolution in Bolivia. Che, I said, when you want cattle, you take the cattle. When you want food, you take the food. When you want Bill Murray to reprise his role in Ghostbusters, you take Bill Murray. Oh wait, no, that was from The Three Amigos. What I told Che was "watch out for bullets." He didn't listen.

My friends, nothing is official yet, and this is still in the rumor stage, but if Sony is making offers, it probably means the movie is close to being greenlit. Stay tuned to Cubano Review and The Outhouse for updates.

Written or Contributed by El Presidente

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 619 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Re: Jonah Hill, Emma Stone Offered Ghostbusters 3 Roles?

Postby outsider » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:05 am

I'd be in favor of Ghostbusters: The Next Generation in lieu of a reboot.
Start the movie at Venkman's funeral and go from there. :smt102
-

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 816 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:28 pm

outsider wrote:I'd be in favor of Ghostbusters: The Next Generation in lieu of a reboot.
Start the movie at Venkman's funeral and go from there. :smt102

I thought that is what this is. :smt017

But I agree. I'd have Venkman off somewhere else on a personal mission. Ghost Busters don't die, they just go on missions.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

SporkBot
cheese

Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:00 pm

outsider wrote:Start the movie at Venkman's funeral and go from there.

This was the idea for the initial concept for a third Ghostbusters. Venkman's spirit would hang around, though. Eventually the idea got shelved and then recycled and altered to become the mid-ninties' "Extreme Ghostbusters".

El Presidente's Article wrote:The production of Ghostbusters 3 has been an interesting saga, with the will he or won't he drama of Bill Murray reprising his role as Dr. Peter Venkman an ongoing source of contradictory rumors. Murray, the Alan Moore of movies, refuses to star in anything people actually want to see.

From what I've heard, Mr. Murray (who is always awesome) doesn't want to do the movie unless they get it "done right". So it's not impossible, but he may just care enough about the character and the movies that he doesn't want to be apart of something that isn't done well.

As for the rumor itself? My preference is Emma Stone yes (she can act) and Jonah Hill no (he feels over-hyped...I do not share in/understand his popularity).

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 817 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:03 pm

SporkBot wrote:
This was the idea for the initial concept for a third Ghostbusters. Venkman's spirit would hang around, though. Eventually the idea got shelved and then recycled and altered to become the mid-ninties' "Extreme Ghostbusters".

From what I've heard, Mr. Murray (who is always awesome) doesn't want to do the movie unless they get it "done right". So it's not impossible, but he may just care enough about the character and the movies that he doesn't want to be apart of something that isn't done well.

As for the rumor itself? My preference is Emma Stone yes (she can act) and Jonah Hill no (he feels over-hyped...I do not share in/understand his popularity).

And yet, he starred in Garfield. And Garfield 2.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 150 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:14 pm

THEY BETTER FUCKING NOT!

If Jonah Hill becomes a Ghostbuster and there will be blood! :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

SporkBot
cheese

Postby SporkBot » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:03 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:And yet, he starred in Garfield. And Garfield 2.

I thought of that (specifically his quote from Zombieland). But I imagine there's a difference between the two franchises. Could be he just considered Garfield a paycheck, but feels more passionately about Ghostbusters.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 441 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Murray claims that he only accepted the Garfield job because he mistakenly thought one of the Cohen brothers worked on the screenplay lol.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 336 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:04 pm

They had me at the Emma Stone part. Jonah Hill not so much.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 144 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 am

Aziz Ansari (another rumored possible casting) and Emma make sense. They're both awesome and have great comedic timing as well as acting chops.

Hill needs to stay the fuck away from this.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:00 am

I could say the same about Ansari to keep away.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

SporkBot
cheese

Postby SporkBot » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:14 am

Ansari is another comedian that's popped up recently, whose popularity I just don't get. I see clips of him from shows and movies, and nothing he says sounds funny. At all.

If they really want to get a non-white comedian in Ghostbusters, I'd rather take Gabriel Iglesias. In fact, make the next Ghostbusters a Key & Peele sketch featuring Fluffy and Emma before making a movie with the likes of Jonah Hill or Ansari.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 150 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:20 am

SporkBot wrote:Ansari is another comedian that's popped up recently, whose popularity I just don't get. I see clips of him from shows and movies, and nothing he says sounds funny. At all.

If they really want to get a non-white comedian in Ghostbusters, I'd rather take Gabriel Iglesias. In fact, make the next Ghostbusters a Key & Peele sketch featuring Fluffy and Emma before making a movie with the likes of Jonah Hill or Ansari.

Agreed on Ansari. The idea of Gabriel Iglesias as Ghostbuster intrigues me, though.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 144 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:05 am

bkthomson wrote:I could say the same about Ansari to keep away.

Ansari could easily fill the Moranis role though and his comedic style fits a hell of a lot more than Hill. :smt102

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:55 am

doombug wrote:Ansari could easily fill the Moranis role though and his comedic style fits a hell of a lot more than Hill. :smt102

Yeah, I still disagree but that's ok.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum