Advertisement

Super Theme Draft

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 587 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Super Theme Draft

Postby Grayson » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:58 pm

e_galston wrote:i ended up changing today's pick at the last minute from who i originally was gonna use.

Not going to lie, I was considering drafting him.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:17 pm

he would work on either of our teams.. though i like your pick better for your own team..

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 pm

e_galston wrote:he would work on either of our teams.. though i like your pick better for your own team..

Yeah, I was going back and forth about which character to draft for this pick. Ultimately, I am happy with my decision because I want to keep the feel of the original Starjammers team.
ImageImageImage

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 361 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Grayson wrote:
Yeah, I was going back and forth about which character to draft for this pick. Ultimately, I am happy with my decision because I want to keep the feel of the original Starjammers team.

I've been there.

I was going back and forth on my "Afraid of Americans" pick, but I might pick that character over the weekend instead.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 am

Hoping to help young Jean Grey with nightmares that are connected to the psychic signature of the late Professor Charles Xavier, Cyclops leaves Earth for Shi'ar space. Unbeknownst to Scott, Jean snuck aboard his ship. Too far from Earth to send her home, Scott must now protect a version of his deceased ex-wife while searching the vast Shi'ar Imperium for any signs of the professor. Scott and his team are also unaware that the deeper they go into the unknown, the closer they bring the young Jean Grey to the fiery clutches of whatever remains of the Phoenix!

The All-New Starjammers

ImageImageImageImageImage

First Pick: Cyclops (Scott Summers)
Ties: Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) - The younger version of Cyclops deceased ex-wife who served with Scott on the X-Men and X-Factor.
"I'm Afraid of Americans": Hepzibah (Born on the planet Tryl'sart)
Rookie of the Decade: Wraith (First Appearance: Annihilation: Conquest Prologue #1 from August 2007)
Mind Over Matter: Cosmo the Space Dog
ImageImageImage

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 361 posts

Postby HNutz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:01 am

Daisy Johnson, Eden Fesi, Garabed Bashur, Adam Brashear, Julia Carpenter
(Quake, Manifold, Black Box, Blue Marvel, Madame Web)

Daisy Johnson, a.k.a. "Quake" is more of a junior Nick Fury than "Nick Fury Jr." She worked with him and a handful of heroes during Fury's Secret War and quickly moved up the ranks of SHIELD. Aside from Fury & Black Widow, she's the only known agent with Level 10 clearance. She was one of Fury's "Secret Warriors" when Fury went underground and was even an Avenger for a little while.

Like Fury & Tony Stark, she's been the leader of SHIELD. Like Stark, she's had to erase some of her own memories. Like Fury, she's no longer in charge of SHIELD. In "Secret Avengers", she's been "indefinitely suspended" over her handling of a specific situation (attempted assassination of a foreign power). She knows something big's coming. But she's not going to let a suspension stop her.

Which is where our story begins....

Her first stop once she's on the run? Eden Fesi, a.k.a Manifold. He's an Avenger and, more importantly, he's a teleporter with unlimited potential. They were Secret Warriors together, she looked after him when he fell into a coma and, in turn, he helped her during that memory erasing ordeal.

From there, their next stop is India to pick up her next recruit, a technopath called Black Box. Maimed by Sabretooth, Bashur was believed deceased until his recent encounters with Deadpool. He's been on both sides of the law and never too far from SHIELD observers/bagmen. They need him as tech support for Johnson and to help contact their next recruit... Blue Marvel!

Blue Marvel has been around the Marvel Universe since the 60's, but was forced into retirement and now focuses mainly on his research. Johnson wants to recruit him, not only for the power that he brings to the table (even if he only participates in the occasional mission), not only for the use of his secret underwater base in the Mariana Trench but also for assistance with the next recruit, the psychic who initially warned former Director Johnson of the impending doom... Madame Web!

Julia Carpenter "inherited" the precognative abilities of the former Madame Web upon her death. Even though she's now blind, she still has her Spider-Woman powers and can handle herself in a fight. She foresaw an upcoming crisis and, knowing that Spider-Man wasn't the one to go to for this problem, she contacted the person she saw in her visions. She's been contacting the director for months now, helping Johnson understand the threat that's on the horizon and giving her time to plan.

While Carpenter has limited knowledge of the future, she had no idea Johnson's next step was to recruit...

pastajoe
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 264 posts

Postby pastajoe » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 am

F.U.R.I.O.U.S. - Force Utilization Relentless In Overpowering Unbridled Subversives

First Pick - Daredevil
Ties - Leonardo
Non-American - Seven Deadly Brothers
Rookie from 2004 - X-23
Telepath - Hitman

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:02 am

Hobgoblin Inc

Hobgoblin( Roderick Kingsley)
Demogoblin
Foreigner
Lucia Von Bardas

My fifth pick for Hobgoblin Inc is Judas Traveller who shares a mutual interest with Kingsley in dealing with Norman Osborn who has sworn to kill them both.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 426 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:38 am

Their mission objective is to take down corrupt governments and corporations all over the globe, from war torn countries to first world cities. They strike from the inside and damage where it hurts the most, and are gone before anyone knew what hit them. They look out for the little guy, for the every man, who cannot look out for themselves. They are...

The Insiders

First Pick - Nightwing
Ties - Green Arrow (Ollie)
Non-American - Union Jack
Rookie of 2008 - Stonewall
Mental case - Justice (telekinesis)

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 273 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby TS Punk » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:50 am

Batman
Green Arrow II: Served with Batman in the JLA
Katana
Robin V Damian Wayne Rookie 2006
Sandman powers of precognition

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:06 am

Pick 1 - Donna Troy/Wonder Girl
Pick 2: Ties - John Stewart, who served with Donna in The Darkstars
Pick 3: Non-American - Captain Britain
Pick 4: Since 2003 - Kate Bishop
Pick 5: Mental - Cuckoo
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:08 am

e_galston wrote:the weekend's theme is:

Character must be based in someway on a Fairy Tale character, either by powerset, appearance, or name.
That's a cool theme.
Would it be possible to update the OP with what theme each pick is, just in case we fall behind (as I often do on the weekends)?
-

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:56 am

my next pick is Blindfold

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:51 pm

monday's theme is:

pick a character who shares a first or last name with a famous historical figure

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:10 pm

I have a few ideas for tonight's pick but I've got nothing for Monday's... :?
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum