Advertisement

XBox Next Gen Reveal

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: XBox Next Gen Reveal

Postby bkthomson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:18 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:The PS4 security issue was a big deal, but it happened late in the system's life. The RRoD started on Day 1 and continued for something like 3 years.

I don't understand why anyone would buy an XBone on Day 1 after that, especially with the things you mentioned like price.

I'll let you know how it goes when I get my Day One X-Box One. At the end of the day for me it was the matter that I liked the X-Box One games better than the PS4, plus I have more friends who are moving up to a One from their 360.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Advertisement

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:40 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:The PS4 security issue was a big deal, but it happened late in the system's life. The RRoD started on Day 1 and continued for something like 3 years.

I don't understand why anyone would buy an XBone on Day 1 after that, especially with the things you mentioned like price.

I wouldn't buy any system on day one, and hell, I don't even buy games on day one anymore...with the new Batman game, I'm glad I didn't. Nowadays, it just seems prudent to me to wait until folks like BK report that the machine didn't explode, or transform itself into a new form of Terminator designed to hunt down Skynet's future enemies.

But yeah, that security issue was a big deal. And it earned them a ton of bad press in the gaming media. For many customers, it was an absolute nightmare, and for a long while, the company could not implement a solution. But like the RRoD, people eventually forgot about it and enjoyed the system. And like the RRoD, it wasn't a flaw that was inherent to the actual technology of the device. And I guess that's my point; there have been flaws and benefits to both companies, so I don't really understand the fanboy loyalty we see on both sides. It's like people use either the playstation or the xbox as a surrogate penis.

And for me, it's the same as DC vs Marvel shit. My money will go to where the stories I like are being made, whether it's Captain America: Winter Soldier, or American Vampire. I just don't get the idea of naysaying one over the other. I see these cats on the Bioware message boards reppin' Xbox over PS and PC over both, and I don't get it. If you're a fanboy of Xbox, it's not like MS is ever gonna start sharing its profits with you because you eviscerated a PS fanboy during some crucial internet cock battle.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 87 posts

Postby misac » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Strict31 wrote:
I've never cared one way or the other for either company. I stopped giving a shit about Playstation way back when Resident Evil: Code veronica left that system to become exclusive to Dreamcast. Sony finally got RE:CV back eventually, but it was too late for me to give a shit. I got out of console gaming entirely until Knights of the Old Republic dropped exclusive to PC and Xbox. That's the only reason I picked the system up. I ended up liking Halo, which was also exclusive, and I suddenly realized, the system itself mattered less than the games that interested me.

Microsoft had the titles and as long as they did, they had my loyalty. I never suffered the RRoD, so that was never an issue for me. I liked the fact that PS3 had a built-in blu-ray, and that it was generally a more powerful system than the 360, but the price point was a major obstacle. And the exclusive titles it had just never appealed to me.

Nowadays, the games I give a shit about are multi-platform. Mass Effect, Skyrim, The Witcher series. And I just don't care much for all this extra shit XBox One has. And shit, I just can't separate rumor from reality at this point.

Right now, the only franchise that really appeals to me is the Witcher. I'm done with Halo, and Mass Effect 4 is also likely to be multi-platform. If I'm gonna spend the bones for another console, at this point, it's probably gonna be PS4. I just don't give a shit about console snobbery. From what I've heard, it seems like the price point will be slightly more digestible with PS4, and it will have the games I care about.

But let's be real; both companies have had their scandals. With MS, it was RRoD. With Sony, it was that major security issue that plagued the company for months. We can't castigate the one without at least acknowledging the other.

Do you still give a shit about Resident Evil? Did you like the last one, 6?

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:47 pm

misac wrote:
Do you still give a shit about Resident Evil? Did you like the last one, 6?

Not anymore. I'm more interested in RE as a storyline instead of a game franchise. Not so much the live-action movies starring the Milla, but rather the CGI animated features they've come out with. The first one was kinda fun. I'm thinking about renting the most recent one. But I'm done with the games.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:02 pm

The last RE game I enjoyed was 4. Granted, I only played the demo on 5 and ignored 6 altogether. :smt102

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:32 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:The last RE game I enjoyed was 4. Granted, I only played the demo on 5 and ignored 6 altogether. :smt102

Yeah, I tried RE4, but could never really get comfortable with the controls. And the parasite zombie things never held my interest. That's why I got into the CGI flicks. Seeing the storyline without having to play through a game.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Strict31 wrote:

WHAT?

This is madness! A game about a shark, and the shark isn't the main "character"?

No wonder I never heard of this game! The designer was clearly never punched enough as a child. I will build a time machine to remedy this oversight.

you do that BARRY ALLEN :)

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:34 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:Man, I loved my Intellevision. :lol:

When my cousins would come over, we would all play Advanced D&D together. I don't even know how that worked anymore since it was a one player game but I remember that it was one guy's responsibility to count arrow clicks.

I also remember playing Poker and Blackjack with my parents. And skiing. And baseball. Hell, a lot of games. My parents actually played games. I still think that's amazing since they never touched the NES or SNES when I bought them.

my parents also played a lot of this game when it first game out.. but mostly card/sports games. horse racing was a big family event at our house.
plus lock N chase. lots of that

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 476 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:46 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:The last RE game I enjoyed was 4. Granted, I only played the demo on 5 and ignored 6 altogether. :smt102

Did you try Revelations?
ImageImageImageImageImage

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 476 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:42 pm

bkthomson wrote:I hate it when stores put out bags of doritos and cans if mountain dew out next to new game releases.

How about Slurpees?

Slurpee code contest hands out an Xbox One a day

Slurpee is giving away an Xbox One a day through January 2. Slurpee drinkers can enter cup codes to earn points that register them for the giveaway, with up to five entries a day per person. To enter, log into your Slurpee account and start entering codes here. In related news, "Slurpee accounts" exist.

Also noted in the article is the mountain dew/dorito promo :-D
ImageImageImageImageImage

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 87 posts

Postby misac » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:00 am

I really liked RE 6. I’ve always wanted to play the previous games but only played very little of them, mostly 4. This was very straight forward and easy to play. I played through all four campaigns and it’s really cool how they all crossover.

As for the movies the first CGI one was good. And the live action ones are mostly bad but they do tend to have some cool action scenes. I do hate how they’re supposed to follow each other but they don’t fit together.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:02 pm

misac wrote:
I really liked RE 6. I’ve always wanted to play the previous games but only played very little of them, mostly 4. This was very straight forward and easy to play. I played through all four campaigns and it’s really cool how they all crossover.

As for the movies the first CGI one was good. And the live action ones are mostly bad but they do tend to have some cool action scenes. I do hate how they’re supposed to follow each other but they don’t fit together.

The live action movies are, at this point, off on their own shit. I don't even think of them as RE movies anymore. They borrow some characters and concepts from the game franchise, but that's about the extent of their tie-in.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum