Advertisement

Forever Evil #3 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 357 posts

Forever Evil #3 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:15 am

Forever Evil #3 Preview

Humanity’s only hope — Lex Luthor?!

Source: Newsarama

DC's solicit  says:

The first universe-wide event of The New 52 continues to explode across the DC Universe! With the world under the rule of the mysterious and deadly Crime Syndicate and our greatest heroes dead, it’s up to the unlikeliest of defenders to rise up to save us.  
Plus, a startling revelation about the dark secret of the Syndicate’s mission on Earth—and what it means for the future of the DC Universe and its heroes and villains.

Written by:  Geoff Johns
Art by:  David Finch, Richard Friend
Cover by:  Ethan Van Sciver
32 pages
$3.99 (US)
On Sale:  November 6, 2013

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Forever Evil #3 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Nice reveal on where the Justice Leagues are imprisoned. I didn't even think of this.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1458 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:41 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Nice reveal on where the Justice Leagues are imprisoned. I didn't even think of this.

:shock:

Wow, that's a really nice twist. I didn't have a lot of time when I stopped by the LCS this week, otherwise I probably would have flipped through this. What else happened?
ImageImageImage

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1005 posts

Postby HNutz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Grayson wrote:
:shock:

Wow, that's a really nice twist. I didn't have a lot of time when I stopped by the LCS this week, otherwise I probably would have flipped through this. What else happened?

Ultraman beat Black Adam, crushed his jaw and left him for dead. He later joins Black Manta (who rescued him), Bizarro and Lex.
Batman finds out about Nightwing and wants to go help.
They're going to try and rebuild Cyborg.
evil firestorm can see the DNA changes in the Rogues (somehow...), erases Captain Cold's powers and messes with Mirror Master's.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1458 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:01 pm

HNutz wrote:
Ultraman beat Black Adam, crushed his jaw and left him for dead. He later joins Black Manta (who rescued him), Bizarro and Lex.
evil firestorm can see the DNA changes in the Rogues (somehow...), erases Captain Cold's powers and messes with Mirror Master's.

:shock: :shock:

Alright, that tears it. I am buying this when it is released in trade especially since it appears to be fixing the Rogues!
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:48 am

HNutz wrote:

Interesting twists here.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:20 am

Legit question Draco: what do you actually read, comics-wise? It seems like you just respond to what people say about books (but granted I don't follow Marvel so I don't know what your discussion over in those threads are). Are you reading Forever Evil?

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:38 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Legit question Draco: what do you actually read, comics-wise? It seems like you just respond to what people say about books (but granted I don't follow Marvel so I don't know what your discussion over in those threads are). Are you reading Forever Evil?

The place where I am at doesn't have comics so whatever I read is online pretty much.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:09 pm

I didn't think that was a confusing question. Let me try re-phrasing. What comic books do you currently read draco?

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:14 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I didn't think that was a confusing question. Let me try re-phrasing. What comic books do you currently read draco?

Not any at the moment as like I said before where I am currently at there are none to buy. Whatever I follow online is on here, Comicvine, CBR, Newsrama or IGN pretty much. I don't have a particular book I like over others but whatever looks interesting regardless of the company it comes from.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:16 pm

What about digital books?

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:46 pm

syxxpakk wrote:What about digital books?

Haven't really checked out any but do plan on at some point.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:12 pm

DC’s latest crossover continues to be an enjoyable series, the only real problem with it is that it’s coming out at the same time as Infinity, which has raised the superhero event to another level, and this just feels like old news, albeit pretty good old news.

This issue opens with the long-awaited explanation of what happened to the Justice Leagues when the Crime Syndicate attacked, and like all good reveals, it seems obvious in retrospect. It turns out that Deathstorm attacked Firestorm, causing him to trap all of the other heroes (except Batman, Catwoman and Cyborg) inside of him. This explains why Jason Rusch appeared so shiftily and in Prison Scrubs in Justice League Of America #8, because the prison was his and Ronnie’s doing. All of this is being explained to Cyborg’s dad and T.O. Morrow by Batman and Catwoman, as they try to save Cyborg. It’s in this scene that Batman discovers what’s happened to Nightwing, that he’s been ‘outed’, and I have to say, I was a little bit disappointed with his very understated reaction. I know Batman is a pretty taciturn guy, but this revelation should be changing his entire world, hopefully a bigger reaction is forthcoming, perhaps when he and Lex Luthor come to blows next issue.

Lex’s role in this issue is to start putting together his team of villains who are resisting the Syndicate, and I think the way this group comes together is done pretty well, especially as it works in a couple of the tie-ins effectively. Lex and Bizarro are in some Metropolis Rubble, attempting to access a Lexcorp satellite (that the CSA couldn’t hack into) so they can see what their enemies are up to. It takes a while for Lex to get Bizarro to do his bidding, but eventually, he sees what Ultraman is doing, and that’s fighting Black Adam, as we saw in the last issue of Justice League. This fight was pretty great and hardcore, but it was a bit too short, plus, am I the only one who’s bored of every fight between a Superman-type and a Captain Marvel-type repeating what happened in Kingdom Come? Yes, blasting him with lightning is cool, we get it. Ultraman is too powerful for Black Adam, he smushes his jaw and throws him into the sea, but he notices he’s bleeding and needs some Kryptonite to heal himself. Lex is still watching though, and notices that Ultraman is avoiding the sun, so it looks like Lex is onto his big weakness.

The story then moves to Central City and Flash’s Rogues, who are refusing to obey Deathstorm and Power Ring’s order to destroy Central City. I think the Rogues are incredibly overrated personally, but I do like their unique ‘honourable villains’ schtick, and it makes a lot of sense for them to oppose the CSA, so I’ll forgive them just this once. Power Ring flips out and attacks, and in the battle, Deathstorm notices that the Rogues have had their DNA changed so that their powers are part of them, and he removes that from Captain Cold. I had no idea that their powers had changed, because I don’t read Flash, but I think it’s a good move to give him back his Gun and not have him actually be superpowered. The Rogues try to make their escape through Mirror Masters’ well, mirror but Deathstorm smashes it, trapping all of the Rogues inside the Mirrorverse except for Cold. Luckily, Cold has ended up in Metropolis, and right near Lex and Bizarro, which is pretty convenient I guess, but hey, this is comics.

Lex gets Bizarro to heat up the sea, which forces out Black Manta, who has the unconscious Black Adam in his grasp. Manta explains the reasons why he’s going up against the Syndicate, which are that, because they killed the only reason he was still alive (Aquaman, and his desire to kill him himself), he hates them and wants to take away their reason for living. It’s all explained better in his Villain’s Month one-shot, which was one of the best of all of those books, but basically, Black Manta is a bad-ass, and it’s awesome to see him get a prominent role here. Captain Cold reveals himself, says that he wants to take down the CSA too, and Lex’s new group is formed.

This issue was mainly moving things into places and setting up the main characters, but it was all well-written and featured some exciting, crossover-appropriate scenes. David Finch’s art continues to be solid, and I am really enjoying how this event does feel different at the same time as being a traditional Johns-style story. The fact that the villains are the heroes is making it seem more fresh than it would otherwise. I just hope it doesn’t all come down to the Justice League coming back and beating everyone.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Draco x wrote:
Haven't really checked out any but do plan on at some point.

So in all honesty, Dan Didio and the team could be producing the world's greatest comic books right now and you wouldn't really know huh?

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:32 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
So in all honesty, Dan Didio and the team could be producing the world's greatest comic books right now and you wouldn't really know huh?

When they actually do that let me know.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to Previews