Advertisement

Exclusive: Marvel Planning Death of Watcher Event in 2014 and We Know Who Killed Him

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 206 posts

Exclusive: Marvel Planning Death of Watcher Event in 2014 and We Know Who Killed Him

Postby LOLtron » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 pm

The Outhouse can exclusively reveal the name of the villain in Marvel's next big super-mega-crossover event: 'Who Watches the Neighborhood Watchmen?'

Source: Bleeding Cool

Bleeding Cool recently located an official teaser Image from Marvel showing a chalk outline of The Watcher, a member of a race of immortal alien beings that observe important events in the universe.

Oh yeah! That's the real deal, fella! And while there's nothing official known about this event yet, The Outhousers are experts at decoding this kind of cryptic comic book publisher propaganda.

To figure this out, you first have to ask yourself, who could possibly kill such a powerful space god, but, more importantly, who would even want to? The guy's not a threat to anyone! Sure, the Watcher could never really be said to be minding his own business, since he is, after all, watching, but he's certainly not bothering anyone, and he has the right to stand there and watch stuff if he feels like it. It's a free planet! Clearly, only one person could be up to the task of murdering an innocent space god for doing nothing more than standing outside in the rain at night: renowned vigilante and (technically not guilty so don't sue us) reckless child murderer George Zimmerman.

"He looked suspicious," Zimmerman told The Outhouse in an exclusive interview, confirming our theories. "Just standing there, not saying anything, watching. I knew he wasn't from this neighborhood because he was about three stories tall and his eyes were glowing. I'm not racist, but I just don't think giant aliens have any business in my neighborhood, you know?"

But Uatu did have a reason to be there. He's the goddamn Watcher. It's what he does. But Zimmerman, an overzealous Bronson cultist with a gun permit and back hair, didn't care. He wasn't going to just do nothing while someone whose looks he didn't approve of existed in his neighborhood.

According to reports, Zimmerman's neighborhood had recently experienced a string of burglaries, all of them by suspects believed to be large, hairless aliens with big creepy eyes. Zimmerman, ironically a member of the neighborhood watch, was patrolling when he spotted Uatu lurking near an alleyway, staring into the window of a house where some event of great cosmic repercussions was presumably about to take place. Armed with a pistol, a highly developed sense of stupid, and Florida's insane post-apocalyptic self-defense laws, Zimmerman decided to confront him.

"I asked him, hey, what are you doing here?" Zimmerman explained. "But he just kept going on about not being able to interfere, dodging the question."

The transcripts from a call Zimmerman made to 911 obtained by The Outhouse paint a chilling picture of the events leading up to the killing:

Zimmerman: There's a fifty foot tall alien in a toga standing in front of the alleyway by [redacted] and [redacted]. I think he's gonna break into a house. Do you want me to follow him?

Operator: We don't need you to follow him.

Zimmerman: You're saying you want me to follow him?

Operator: No. [unintelligible] Don't follow him.

Zimmerman: So follow him then?

[sounds of footsteps]

Operator: Are you stupid? Don't follow him.

Zimmerman: You got it. I'll follow him.

Operator: Sir. We are not asking you to follow him. Just stay in your car and let the police handle this.

Zimmerman: Okay! Okay! I'll follow him! Jeeze!

[sound of running]

Zimmerman: Hey! You!

Operator: Sir. Please, for the love of God, stop.

Zimmerman: I'm just doing what you told me to do!

According to police reports, Zimmerman got into a physical altercation with The Watcher and his gun went off, fatally wounding the ancient cosmic entity. Though there was absolutely no evidence that The Watcher was doing anything wrong, investigators did find a can of Arizona Iced Tea and a bag of Skittles in Uatu's toga pocket. Internet racists point out that these, along with cough syrup and THE POWER COSMIC, are ingredients in a popular homemade space drug called Silver Sizzurp. Additionally, it's being reported that the Watcher's white and blue toga, or, as it is more commonly known, space hoodie, could have contributed to Zimmerman's suspicion.

All of this and more will be revealed in Marvel's next blockbuster event, Who Watches the Neighborhood Watchmen?, in stores May 2014. The Marvel Universe will NEVER BE THE SAME AG...  wait, hang on, we're getting an update...

Sorry, I'm being told that absolutely nothing will change because gun violence and racial injustice is deeply embedded throughout the entire American system, even in the Marvel Universe. Sorry about that, folks. Stay tuned to The Outhouse for more details.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 83 posts

Re: Exclusive: Marvel Planning Death of Watcher Event in 201

Postby misac » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Oh boy. :lol: :lol:

Why would they draw in the eyes? :P

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Can you make a thread where the Punisher shoots Zimmerman and makes the world a better place?

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:27 pm

I always call you out on your dumb posts, draco, so it's only fair I give you props when you make a quality one. Thumbs up.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:38 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I always call you out on your dumb posts, draco, so it's only fair I give you props when you make a quality one. Thumbs up.

The Lord of the Meanos is pleased by this response. :-D :-D :-D

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:44 pm

And you ruined it. Of course.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 pm

syxxpakk wrote:And you ruined it. Of course.

Hey, you got on my good side so don't spoil the moment.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 647 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:00 pm

:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 577 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Space Punisher is on the case.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:02 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Space Punisher is on the case.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand