Advertisement

Thor: The Dark World (Spoliers)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Jazzpha
Birdman

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: Thor: The Dark World (Spoliers)

Postby Jazzpha » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:10 pm

I really enjoyed the film, and thought the writers and actors did a nice job of balancing action and drama with humor that actually felt organic and not ham-fisted.

I would love to see the scenes with Malekith that got cut, though, in addition to any extra Sif material that might have been left on the cutting room floor. I was really hoping she'd get more time to shine outside of a romantic context this time around, but alas. That's really my only gripe with the film.

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Just saw it tonight and I liked it pretty much. I would say this was arguably the best super-hero film this year over Iron Man 3, Man Of Steel and the Wolverine.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Jazzpha wrote:I really enjoyed the film, and thought the writers and actors did a nice job of balancing action and drama with humor that actually felt organic and not ham-fisted.

I would love to see the scenes with Malekith that got cut, though, in addition to any extra Sif material that might have been left on the cutting room floor. I was really hoping she'd get more time to shine outside of a romantic context this time around, but alas. That's really my only gripe with the film.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a spin-off of Sif or the Warriors Three like they did with Peggy Carter.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:16 am

I liked it but I didn't think it was fantastic. There was just something... missing.

Again, I liked it though. Just wish I loved it.

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:57 am

This film felt very disjointed. Not a massive fan.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 15 posts

Postby KingPagla » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:32 am

Yeah, it was a bit sloppy and un focused, but it was fun as hell.

Like I said earlier, it's near the top of the Marvel movies in terms of fun moments, but near the bottom as a whole.

Hermit_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: OH Elections Commissioner
Formerly: The Middle Sage, Phenomenal Sire

Postby Hermit_Sage » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 am

Did anyone else see it in 3D and get to see the 5 minutes of Captain America material?

That elevator fight was fantastic.

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 270 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 am

Draco x wrote:Just saw it tonight and I liked it pretty much. I would say this was arguably the best super-hero film this year over Iron Man 3, Man Of Steel and the Wolverine.

That, I will grant you. I despised IM 3 and MOS. I did not bother to go see Wolverine because I detest the character so much there is no way I could possibly enjoy that movie... but I'll take your word for it.

Thor TDW wasn't a bad movie, but I certainly did not "love" it. It kind of occupies that "middle ground" of superhero movies that are worth watching once, but not worth owning. That were flawed, but didn't suck.

TheLurker
Garbage Collector

Liked in: 131 posts
Title: Hefner

Postby TheLurker » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:41 am

Any ideas on how the SHIELD episode will tie into this?

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 270 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 am

The only guess I could hazard at this point is that they will mention "what happened in London" and perhaps show some of the wreckage? Or maybe they will take possession of the "Selvig Sticks".

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Hermit_Sage wrote:Did anyone else see it in 3D and get to see the 5 minutes of Captain America material?

Yes, I did. It was really cool scene plus the end getting a full face view of Bucky in winter soldier attire.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Hermit_Sage wrote:Did anyone else see it in 3D and get to see the 5 minutes of Captain America material?

I saw the leak of it online, it was pretty cool, even in the cam recorded version I saw. I've been looking more forward to Cap 2 than any other Marvel movie since Avengers.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:25 pm

It was cool, but I actually liked the Cap 2 trailer that followed even more than the clip. It was different from the trailer that was officially released. We saw Agent 13 in it. We saw Cap doing some Blonsky-esque (from Incredible Hulk) flip kick moves. It was a faster paced trailer.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 625 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Watched this last night and I was thoroughly entertained for most of the movie. I really wish that we would have had more scenes with the all of the Warriors Three, Sif, and Malekith but even the small amount of Loki that we were given more than made up for it. Loki absolutely steals the show.

Seeing Sif and Volstagg in the sci-fi setting of the Collector's lair was a great visual during the credits, although I have to question the wisdom of the Asgardians. If the Tesseract and the Aether are indeed Infinity Stones, then giving one of them away to such a clearly unbalanced individual as the Collector is a monumentally stupid decision.

Chris wrote:It was cool, but I actually liked the Cap 2 trailer that followed even more than the clip. It was different from the trailer that was officially released. We saw Agent 13 in it. We saw Cap doing some Blonsky-esque (from Incredible Hulk) flip kick moves. It was a faster paced trailer.

Whoa, wait a second. I didn't see Thor TDW in 3D but there was a full Cap 2 trailer before and I didn't notice Agent 13. Are there really 2 versions of the trailer out now?
ImageImageImage

Hermit_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: OH Elections Commissioner
Formerly: The Middle Sage, Phenomenal Sire

Postby Hermit_Sage » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Grayson wrote:
Whoa, wait a second. I didn't see Thor TDW in 3D but there was a full Cap 2 trailer before and I didn't notice Agent 13. Are there really 2 versions of the trailer out now?

Yeah I've seen the CA2 trailers that have come out, and the one they showed at 3D showings was a different one with other scenes then the they have released.

I assume that eventually it'll get leaked on the internet.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum