Advertisement

Cover of the Week 11/6/13

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

What Is Your Cover Of The Week?

Amazing X-Men #1
33%

e_galston, Glacier16, Mr. Log, nietoperz, Pizza Dog
The Occultist #2
17%

alaska1125, Amoebas, GiveWarAChance
Trillium #4
6%

Stephen Day
Mighty Avengers #3
11%

KingPagla, misac
Iron Man #18
22%

Arkanian, Kravis, pastajoe, Zechs
Superman Unchained #4
11%

GLX, IvCNuB4

Total votes : 18

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Pizza Dog
cheese

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Awesomesauce

Re: Cover of the Week 11/6/13

Postby Pizza Dog » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:31 pm

I abs LOVE Skottie Young variants but refuse to pay x amount MORE just to have it because of the cover. If the variants meant he drew the WHOLE COMIC as Babies... then HELL YEAH!!... but not just for a cover :smt011 :smt011

Voting wise. I do vote more for variants because they are 'prettier' looking... but I suppose a limit on variant nominations will also mean i'll get to see more original covers and maybe move out of that habit :D :D
Events been to:

SFX Weekender 3 - Sci-Fi Weekender 4 & 5 - Kapow! '12 - Leeds Comic Con '11, '12 & '13 - Skottie Young Signing Tour '13 - Newcastle Film and Comic Con '14 - London Film and Comic Con '14

Events going to:

Sheffield Film & Comic Con '14 - Leeds Comic Con '14 - Sci-Fi Weekender 6 - Newcastle Film & Comic Con '15

Advertisement

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 92 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Amoebas wrote:You are correct, no one is forced to buy variants - but if you want a variant you kind of are forced to order x amount of books in order to get it (which proves Arion is also correct).

Yeah, that's what I meant.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 39 posts

Postby misac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I know it's one of the reasons why I haven't been participating a lot recently.

That’s more reason to vote, to keep them from winning. :P

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 15 posts

Postby KingPagla » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 am

A cover is a cover. I see no reason to differentiate between regulars and variants.

If people prefer silly, baby covers or crappy, muddled Alex Ross covers so be it.
I don't buy any comics anymore so when I nominate (If I have time), I do so through browsing online and I don't really pay attention to whether a cover is a variant or not.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 92 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:59 am

Pizza Dog wrote:I abs LOVE Skottie Young variants but refuse to pay x amount MORE just to have it because of the cover. If the variants meant he drew the WHOLE COMIC as Babies... then HELL YEAH!!... but not just for a cover :smt011 :smt011

Voting wise. I do vote more for variants because they are 'prettier' looking... but I suppose a limit on variant nominations will also mean i'll get to see more original covers and maybe move out of that habit :D :D

Those are fun. I haven't had the chance to buy any of them, though.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand