Advertisement

The Walking Dead 4.05 "Internment" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Internment" - RATE IT!

18%

Chris, S.F. Jude Terror, troysshr
6%

Grayson
24%

habitual, misac, pastajoe, TheLurker
53%

Amoebas, doombug, Frag, guitarsmashley, Hermit_Sage, IvCNuB4, jeremy, Pizza Dog, The Beast
No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

Total votes : 17

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 388 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: The Walking Dead 4.05 "Internment" - RATE IT!

Postby Amoebas » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:29 pm

misac wrote:I thought they should park some cars between the fences for support.

Agreed. Also, they built those wood spikey fences for the main gate but they never built more?

But at least they have a garden that has netted them three peas. :roll:

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:31 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
That .. and why are the walkers still congregating at that particular section ? Maybe I missed this explanation but are they still being fed there ? If so why hasn't the Council posted someone there (or nearby to watch) to catch whoever is doing it ?

Not to mention shouldn't there be a frickin' wall of walker bodies that they have killed there by now ? :lol:

I read in a review of the show somewhere that the governor has been luring them to gather and threaten the prison. I don't recall seeing anything that pointed that out in the show, but I could have missed it. It's a good theory, but they way it was stated it sounded more than a theory.

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

misac wrote:
Tyresse would be more than pissy, he’d kill her. Then they’d have to kill him. And he could go down fighting and possibly more people would be killed. :smt102 It was the best possible solution.

I thought they should park some cars between the fences for support. The bulldozer seems like a fine idea but impractical. You’d have to find one and keep if fueled all the way to the prison. And I imagine they’re not very fuel efficient.

Good point about the dozers fuel economy, if there's none nearby or a flat bed to transport them it wouldn't work.

I think the simplest solution would be to kill Tyresse, instead of of letting him hold the rest of the group hostage emotionally. Besides, who is to say pissing off Daryl isn't going to lead to bigger problems?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 995 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 pm

The Beast wrote:I'm not sure if I support Rick's decision to banish Carol just cause Tyresse will get pissy and/or she was acting "insubordinate". I'd be more concerned with alienating Daryl and the rest of the council for making that call without their input.

I think that there was more to Rick banishing Carol than simply Tyreese's reaction or her insubordination. Earlier this season the concept of the three questions was introduced. During "Indifference" the three questions were brought up again when Rick and Carol met Sam and Ana. Rick was weighing his options with Carol over the course of the previous episode but in the end I think that he came to the conclusion that if Carol were a stranger that he just met while making a run, she wouldn't have passed the test.
ImageImageImage

Pizza Dog
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 343 posts
Title: Awesomesauce
Formerly: Coach_Carebear

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:38 pm

doombug wrote:I've said it once and I'll say it again, the second they kill Daryl the show is over.

I concur. 8)
Events been to:

SFX Weekender 3 - Sci-Fi Weekender 4 & 5 - Kapow! '12 - Leeds Comic Con '11, '12 & '13 - Skottie Young Signing Tour '13 - Newcastle Film and Comic Con '14 - London Film and Comic Con '14

Events going to:

Leeds Comic Con '14 - Sci-Fi Weekender 6 - Newcastle Film & Comic Con '15 - Nine Worlds '15

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:54 am

Grayson wrote:
I think that there was more to Rick banishing Carol than simply Tyreese's reaction or her insubordination. Earlier this season the concept of the three questions was introduced. During "Indifference" the three questions were brought up again when Rick and Carol met Sam and Ana. Rick was weighing his options with Carol over the course of the previous episode but in the end I think that he came to the conclusion that if Carol were a stranger that he just met while making a run, she wouldn't have passed the test.

I don't disagree with Rick's rationale, I just think it's hypocritical that he decides to banish her without consulting the council. We just had a big speech how he wasn't going to do that anymore and now he does it again. I'm not sure he made the right call, so I'm looking forward to Daryl's reaction.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:52 am

The Beast wrote:I don't disagree with Rick's rationale, I just think it's hypocritical that he decides to banish her without consulting the council. We just had a big speech how he wasn't going to do that anymore and now he does it again. I'm not sure he made the right call, so I'm looking forward to Daryl's reaction.

There's no doubt that Daryl is going to take the news pretty hard but he has come a long way since the first season and he's proven that he can look at things with a level head. I hope that he can take a step back and realize that one decision killed two people whose only "crime" was that they were sick while the other decision may have banished a person but at least it left them alive.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 137 posts

Postby dairydead » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:57 am

The Beast wrote:
I don't disagree with Rick's rationale, I just think it's hypocritical that he decides to banish her without consulting the council. We just had a big speech how he wasn't going to do that anymore and now he does it again. I'm not sure he made the right call, so I'm looking forward to Daryl's reaction.

that's not being "hypocritical", its called "changing his mind" or "making a decision"
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 99 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:04 pm

jeremy wrote:

I read in a review of the show somewhere that the governor has been luring them to gather and threaten the prison. I don't recall seeing anything that pointed that out in the show, but I could have missed it. It's a good theory, but they way it was stated it sounded more than a theory.

Well, someone had been feeding zombies in the fences...

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Arion wrote:
Well, someone had been feeding zombies in the fences...

Yea, I remember the girl feeding them rats. But I thought they put a stop to that. It seemed like they really gathered exponentially the last couple episodes.

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Grayson wrote:
There's no doubt that Daryl is going to take the news pretty hard but he has come a long way since the first season and he's proven that he can look at things with a level head. I hope that he can take a step back and realize that one decision killed two people whose only "crime" was that they were sick while the other decision may have banished a person but at least it left them alive.

Euthanasia isn't murder, especially when the terminally ill could possibly spread the infection. Carol is good people, who made a tough call for the benefit of the group. Banishment during tumultuous times is often a death sentence, so I dont see Rick's call as being as benign as you do, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

dairydead wrote:
that's not being "hypocritical", its called "changing his mind" or "making a decision"

After he promised the rest of the group that the "Ricktatorship" was over and that the council would decide matters democratically, he changed his mind and decided to make a decision about Carol's fate unilaterally.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:52 pm

The Beast wrote:Euthanasia isn't murder, especially when the terminally ill could possibly spread the infection. Carol is good people, who made a tough call for the benefit of the group. Banishment during tumultuous times is often a death sentence, so I dont see Rick's call as being as benign as you do, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Call me crazy but if I were bedridden with an illness, I wouldn't want a person with no proper medical training coming into my room in the middle of the night and killing me and/or dragging me outside and setting me on fire. Likewise, I wouldn't like the idea that somebody in my group of survivors was doing those type of things without consulting the group first.
ImageImageImage

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Grayson wrote:
Call me crazy but if I were bedridden with an illness, I wouldn't want a person with no proper medical training coming into my room in the middle of the night and killing me and/or dragging me outside and setting me on fire. Likewise, I wouldn't like the idea that somebody in my group of survivors was doing those type of things without consulting the group first.

Just as I wouldn't want someone else banishing group members without consulting the group first either.

The people Carol killed were terminal and infectious, sometimes tough calls have to be made when resources are limited. Two wrongs don't make a right though, both sides were acting without the council's authority. They built up Daryl's reaction by putting it off, which is a great cliffanger for next week.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:51 pm

The Beast wrote:Just as I wouldn't want someone else banishing group members without consulting the group first either.

I don't know, I guess I give Rick a little extra leeway because he was actually a police officer who received professional training in dealing with people who have broken the law. Now I'm not saying that means his judgement is infallible, I'm just saying that I trust his judgement in determining the proper punishment for a person over Carol's judgement in determining the proper medical treatment for 2 people who are sick with something she doesn't understand.

The people Carol killed were terminal and infectious, sometimes tough calls have to be made when resources are limited. Two wrongs don't make a right though, both sides were acting without the council's authority.

I partially agree with you. Both sides did act without consulting the council first. However, Rick led the group for so long that even the council still defers to his judgement from time to time and it has been shown that they have actively attempted to get him to take a more active role in the leadership of the group. In fact, I would be willing to be that if the community that has been created in the prison were to weigh both actions, they would stand by Rick's decision over Carol's.

Yes, tough calls do have to be made but where does a person draw the line? Under the same circumstances, would it have been ok for Carl to have killed Karen and David? What about Bob? Lizzie?

They built up Daryl's reaction by putting it off, which is a great cliffanger for next week.

I agree but I don't really expect Daryl's reaction to be as big as people are expecting it too be.
ImageImageImage

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 99 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:57 pm

jeremy wrote:

Yea, I remember the girl feeding them rats. But I thought they put a stop to that. It seemed like they really gathered exponentially the last couple episodes.

Indeed.

Anyway, I loved this episode. The zombies attacking from inside and outside. That was so great.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum