Sunday, July 31, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:24 pm

I want to read that, but I'd have to pay for international shipping and that may be a bit expensive.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:08 pm

You should check with mrcolinp@gmail.com, it's a small comic and can be mailed in a card-sized envelope. Domestic shipping was only $1 even for multiple copies, which is quite reasonable. If it were sent First Class Int'l it might not be too bad.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:34 pm

I still have around $18 in store credit from the store that I bought Guardians of the Galaxy from...I'll probably go back to the store tomorrow to see if I can spend the rest. Their selection is relatively poor and their focus is mainly newer trades but there might be a few gems tucked away here and there. Any suggestions for trades that I should keep my eyes open for?
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:20 am

read manhattan projects vol. 3 last night. This series is getting a bit tricky to follow.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Keb wrote:read manhattan projects vol. 3 last night. This series is getting a bit tricky to follow.


Why? What happened? The first volume was great.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Arion wrote:
Why? What happened? The first volume was great.

I'm going to spoiler tag it in case you want to be surprised:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Fermi the Alien goes nuts, tries to kill Daghlian, gets blown to shit. Einstein cuts him up, becomes besties with Feynman and then Oppenheimer tries to take over everything. And they leave the fate of Laika in the air.


That's what I think happened.

JFK doing rails was hilarious though.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Keb wrote:I'm going to spoiler tag it in case you want to be surprised:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Fermi the Alien goes nuts, tries to kill Daghlian, gets blown to shit. Einstein cuts him up, becomes besties with Feynman and then Oppenheimer tries to take over everything. And they leave the fate of Laika in the air.


That's what I think happened.

JFK doing rails was hilarious though.


A lot of the seeds that Hickman planted are starting to come together but the fruit of those seeds is so bizarre that I have to agree with you that this particular volume was a little hard to follow. Before long, I will probably need to go back and reread everything to see if I have missed anything.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Marvel officially does not want me to have any money. In the next few months they will be releasing an Omnibus collecting Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force run but now they have announced that they will be releasing an Omnibus collecting Annihilation! Good thing it's being released close to my birthday...
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Keb wrote:I'm going to spoiler tag it in case you want to be surprised:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Fermi the Alien goes nuts, tries to kill Daghlian, gets blown to shit. Einstein cuts him up, becomes besties with Feynman and then Oppenheimer tries to take over everything. And they leave the fate of Laika in the air.


That's what I think happened.

JFK doing rails was hilarious though.


Oh, Fermi...
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Cracked my Fear Agent HC. Pretty good so far.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Keb wrote:Cracked my Fear Agent HC. Pretty good so far.


First: Image

Second: :smt026
User avatar

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:52 pm

I've started reading the :deadpool Killogy :D

I have gone the wrong way about it. I read :deadpool kills :deadpool first and THEN bought the first 2 Graphic Novels. :?

So at the mo I am reading: :deadpool kills the Marvel Universe :-D

P.S. - Sorry for the overuse of smilies. I kinda love to use them... a lot. :P
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:You should check with mrcolinp@gmail.com, it's a small comic and can be mailed in a card-sized envelope. Domestic shipping was only $1 even for multiple copies, which is quite reasonable. If it were sent First Class Int'l it might not be too bad.


Good idea. I'll send them an email.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:04 pm

I miss when people used to talk about the comics that came out each week. Manhattan Projects, there's a lot going on and you should be reading it monthly. FOOLS!
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I miss when people used to talk about the comics that came out each week. Manhattan Projects, there's a lot going on and you should be reading it monthly. FOOLS!


After the volume trade came out I started reading it monthly and I really enjoy it but it's definitely an easier read in trade.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 49 guests