Draco x wrote:All this talk about the mixed views regarding Agents Of SHIELD had me thinking what could make the show more appealing( At least from my perspective) and here is some pointers on the direction I would take the show:
1. Make the SHIELD characters more like military badasses as opposed to the NCIS/ X-Files lite characters we have. SHIELD is basically Marvel's precursor to GI JOE so why not highlight the characters in a Call Of Duty like manner to show how physically and tactically demanding their job is
2. Have characters from the comics as the main characters such as Dum Dum Dugan( Jr in this case), Victoria Hand( Who would be revealed to be a double agent down the road), Marc Spector( Who would go on to be Moon Knight down the road as well), Jessica Drew, Clay Quatermainn, Marcus Johnson( Without the stupid Nick Fury Jr. crap by the way), Misty Knight, Jimmy Woo, Elektra Natchios( Another double agent who would be working for the Hand), Wyatt Wingfoot, Jack Munroe, Dominic Fortune, Daisy Johnson and so on.
3. Have villains like Scorpio, Max Fury, Taskmaster, Ultimatum, Slaymaster, Zarran, Superia, the Serpent Society, Sin, the Yellow Claw, HAMMER, Ulik the Troll, etc appear to highlight how many great villains Marvel has to offer on the show.
4. Make each season show how vast the SHIELD organization is by showing different units and characters as it shouldn't just focus on just the few ones we've seen so far. The way I see it this could show how much influence and resources SHIELD has in the country and even the world-heck we could even bring in Abigail Brand and SWORD at some point.
5. Have other organizations like Damage Control, Heroes For Hire, MI6, the Hand and even mention characters like Blade, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange and Punisher show up or be mentioned.
These are just some ideas as to how I would make the show more appealing seeing as how some of the reactions have been lukewarm thus far. Will think up more if I get the chance.
Your ideas are, for the most part, ridiculous and unfeasible in a TV show. So there's that.
1) SHIELD was NEVER Marvel's version of GI JOE. Nick Fury and SHIELD are far more like
James Bond and MI6.
2) Some of these name are nonsense pandering to basement dwelling fanboys. Some are, like Marc Spector, silly: why would they slot Moon Knight into a tv show, thereby cutting off the possibility of a MOVIE? But about the biggest pile of ridiculousness you spouted here was "Marcus Johnson, but without that Nick Fury nonsense". Yes, by all means, let's bring in a character who ONLY EXISTS TO MAKE IT SO "NICK FURY" LOOKS LIKE SAM JACKSON, and make it so he has nothing to do with Fury. Do you not see how retarded that is? You're left with a generic bland character at that point. So why use the name? To annoy the two Johnson fans out there? Give your non-Marcus-Johnson bland character a new name. I suggest "Ward".
3) SHIELD is not the Avengers. Please (and this isn't directed solely at you, Draco) stop demanding Big Name Supervillains that a) the show wont be able to do in a non-shitty CGI way, and b) SHIELD couldn't really handle anyway. "Serpent Society? Fuck that, we can't deal with that. Get Rogers on the phone. Has anyone taught him to use a phone yet?"
4) Pretty sure this one wasn't an idea of it's own, it was just an excuse to try to make suggestion 2 work when you realized no network show can support a cast of 45 agents.
5) Again, characters who appear on the show mean characters who aren't starring in movies. So, no. But I like the idea of mentioning more groups and characters. I really like an idea I heard somewhere of a Damage Control tv show. But direct appearances? Not likely.
6) For the record, don't pad your lists by listing villains twice. Scorpio IS Max Fury.