Advertisement

My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41960
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Strict31 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
That's never going to happen. Ever.


I think Avengers really spoiled us all.

When they revealed Thanos, it was like they had read all of Twigg's posts about Green lantern and countered with a talking raccoon that shoots people.

And now, geeks all across the space-time continuum are once again thinking that anything could happen. It's like a new world in geek adaptations, because suddenly, Galactus doesn't need to be an ambiguous cloud thingee. We got to see what Robin Sparkles would look like in ass-clinging battle-tights, so of course the next obvious step is a TV show that features Hellcat in a lesbian combat relationship with Moondragon and Firestar.

The Skye's the limit, guys! It won't be long before we get to see Valkyrie going to battle in her panties!

Meanwhile, Marvel's all, "But we don't have the budget for telepathic lesbians and battle-panties, guys..."
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Advertisement

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby superfictious » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:59 pm

Strict31 wrote:
But the version of SHIELD in the movies seemed to be comprised of a handful of relatively competent people (two of whom just said fuck it, and put on costumes) and a bunch of retards who would have been better served focusing on Galaga.

Our navigation system is down and the computer isn't telling me which way North is! Waaah!

We've got an unauthorized launch and somebody loaded nukes onto not one, but TWO entire planes, and there's nothing we can do about it! Waaaah!

Somebody is kicking our ass with nothing more than arrows! Waaah!

It's basically the sciencey, non-field agents who are SHIELD's only true ace-in-the-hole in this whole "higher form of war" business. There's no amount of punching or shooting a field agent can do to match the Hulk. But with science, you can synthesize a gamma-based pot substitute that will make the Hulk, like, totally chill and whatever, man. Or stuff.

AoS seems to take into account the idea that a team of combat-rated agents isn't going to get the job done anyways. Thinking outside the box. It's still not much against a radioactive communist or a madman that shits localized gravity fields. But science is pretty much the only useful weapon they have.


Fair enough, but even from a science and tech standpoint the AoS team has been so fucking awful at times. I guess you're right about us fans being spoiled. When I think of characters who use brains to deal with a superpowered world, I think of the superscientist/superheroes like Stark, Reed, etc. AoS will always be at a disadvantage because it's based on a superpower-based movieverse and it doesn't have the budget to live up to the expectations of its premise.

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41960
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Strict31 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:40 pm

superfictious wrote:
Fair enough, but even from a science and tech standpoint the AoS team has been so fucking awful at times. I guess you're right about us fans being spoiled. When I think of characters who use brains to deal with a superpowered world, I think of the superscientist/superheroes like Stark, Reed, etc. AoS will always be at a disadvantage because it's based on a superpower-based movieverse and it doesn't have the budget to live up to the expectations of its premise.


Well, we've talked about this before in the other AoS thread. The heroes of this show cannot ever outshine the heroes of the movies. If they did, the world wouldn't need superheroes to solve their problems, and they could just call their next movie "The Man Who Punches Stuff."

Fitz and Simmons, as useful to SHIELD as they may be, will never be as useful as Tony Stark or Bruce Banner. As cool as Coulson might be, he still got stabbed by Loki. In a sense, the AoS heroes are like the "other guys" in the movie Mystery Men. With less forking.

I guess I'm gonna have to go and see Thor before the next episode, in case the TV show spoils something...
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9159
Likes: 1413 posts
Liked in: 389 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

doombug wrote:No Draco it's because you haven't seen the show at all.

People are calling you out for the stupidity of making a "how to make a show I've never watch
ed" thread.


Sigh. Obvious troll is an obvious troll. You don't have any really good arguments or points so you just whine and complain and refuse to get the point of this thread.

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9159
Likes: 1413 posts
Liked in: 389 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Your ideas are, for the most part, ridiculous and unfeasible in a TV show. So there's that.

1) SHIELD was NEVER Marvel's version of GI JOE. Nick Fury and SHIELD are far more like
James Bond and MI6.

2) Some of these name are nonsense pandering to basement dwelling fanboys. Some are, like Marc Spector, silly: why would they slot Moon Knight into a tv show, thereby cutting off the possibility of a MOVIE? But about the biggest pile of ridiculousness you spouted here was "Marcus Johnson, but without that Nick Fury nonsense". Yes, by all means, let's bring in a character who ONLY EXISTS TO MAKE IT SO "NICK FURY" LOOKS LIKE SAM JACKSON, and make it so he has nothing to do with Fury. Do you not see how retarded that is? You're left with a generic bland character at that point. So why use the name? To annoy the two Johnson fans out there? Give your non-Marcus-Johnson bland character a new name. I suggest "Ward".

3) SHIELD is not the Avengers. Please (and this isn't directed solely at you, Draco) stop demanding Big Name Supervillains that a) the show wont be able to do in a non-shitty CGI way, and b) SHIELD couldn't really handle anyway. "Serpent Society? Fuck that, we can't deal with that. Get Rogers on the phone. Has anyone taught him to use a phone yet?"

4) Pretty sure this one wasn't an idea of it's own, it was just an excuse to try to make suggestion 2 work when you realized no network show can support a cast of 45 agents.

5) Again, characters who appear on the show mean characters who aren't starring in movies. So, no. But I like the idea of mentioning more groups and characters. I really like an idea I heard somewhere of a Damage Control tv show. But direct appearances? Not likely.

6) For the record, don't pad your lists by listing villains twice. Scorpio IS Max Fury. :)


Yawn, another troll response. When you don't like or agree with what someone has to say you attack that person. I love how most of you can accuse Herald of being a troll but some you aren't any different. However I do credit the fact that you chose to address the points I made with your own so more power to you-If Dairy, Doombug and co had any common sense to do that, I would respect their replies more.

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9159
Likes: 1413 posts
Liked in: 389 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Rockman wrote:
how could you possibly know that?


That was sarcasm, buddy.

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9159
Likes: 1413 posts
Liked in: 389 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Rockman wrote:Draco the fact that you're on the internet right now tells me that you have access to some kind of multi-media device. Even if it is your phone. These devices allow streaming of video media from several different sites. You could easily go to ABC.com and watch the show if you liked and then you'd hopefully save us from your inane coma inducing posts on how to improve a show you've never watched with ideas that would only appeal to 7 year olds.


Fair point about the media thing but let's see you try and go me better and come up with your own ideas-or are you doing what Doombug and co usually do by just complaining on this thread because you don't like my ideas?

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41960
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Strict31 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Draco x wrote:
Yawn, another troll response. When you don't like or agree with what someone has to say you attack that person. I love how most of you can accuse Herald of being a troll but some you aren't any different. However I do credit the fact that you chose to address the points I made with your own so more power to you-If Dairy, Doombug and co had any common sense to do that, I would respect their replies more.


The monkey makes some fair points. It might help your argument to rebut them instead of just assuming he's a troll. Which he really isn't.
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39486
Likes: 269 posts
Liked in: 382 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby GHERU » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:50 pm

I've never eaten guacamole, but it would taste better if it were made like salsa
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Image

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9159
Likes: 1413 posts
Liked in: 389 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:51 pm

HNutz wrote:
3) Check out Arrow. It's probably the best comic based show out there. Look who they're using: Deadshot, Amanda Waller, Count Vertigo, Bronze Tiger, etc... they're doing lower level baddies that require minimal (if any) CGI and they're NAILING it.

Check out the last two episodes of AoS (maybe even forget about the rest). They're not using CGI heavy characters. And it's working for them. We're also getting Victoria Hand and Jasper Sitwell. And earlier there was some mysterious organization behind at least 2 episodes with superpowers.

4) Yeah, it's kinda like asking "Who would you want to see in the next Avengers movie?" and then listing everyone who's ever been an Avenger.

The occasional name-dropping (like they did with Barton & Romanoff last episode) but wanting every episode to have 2 or 3 superhero guest stars may be a little much.


At least you have a good response, Hnutz.

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9159
Likes: 1413 posts
Liked in: 389 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:You guys will love Skye once she's revealed to be Jessica "Spider-Woman" Drew and starts venom blasting Hydra and AIM agents... and wears the tights... flies around... clings to walls...


Nice idea, Cat! :-D :-D :-D

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13329
Likes: 538 posts
Liked in: 184 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby doombug » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Do I really need to explain trolling to you? No one in this thread has trolled you, maybe Rockman but barely. :smt011

You started a thread to "improve" a show you've never watched which you were even given direct links to solving that very problem.

You got called out on why that was idiotic but as usual immediately played the victim card and ignored everything everyone was saying/played it off as if you didn't understand what others were saying.
Image

Image

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41960
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Strict31 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:53 pm

GHERU wrote:I've never eaten guacamole, but it would taste better if it were made like salsa


The word "guacamole" sounds like something that would be nasty. The name could be changed to something more pleasant, like "Monica Bellucci." That sounds tasty.
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9159
Likes: 1413 posts
Liked in: 389 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Strict31 wrote:
The monkey makes some fair points. It might help your argument to rebut them instead of just assuming he's a troll. Which he really isn't.


It wouldn't matter as when Dairy, Doombug and co decide that they don't like what someone has to say they make up their minds to troll that person. Oh and the Monkey thing? Weak jab by the way.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76900
Likes: 584 posts
Liked in: 967 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:56 pm

You guys hating on Draco are nuts. This thread is entertaining.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN NewsBlogs and 86 guests

Advertisement