Advertisement

Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rockman
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 28060
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 560 posts
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:25 pm
Formerly: AMS


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby Rockman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:58 am

I worked in education, I've seen and heard of careers that were destroyed because of vindictive little craps who lied about a teacher which totally destroyed their career and reputation. Even when the students admitted that they had lied the damage was done. Frag is right that the accusations thrown out about this guy are not representative of a drunk dude at a bar.

Advertisement

alaska1125
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3159
Likes: 133 posts
Liked in: 150 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:10 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
It's been 2 days!!!

And also, I would win that bet because we also know that 10 people dropped his books.

How much money will you send me?

Hmmm...what, $29.99? But that's retail. I'll send whatever percentage of the profits he gets. #themarvelbuisinessmodel
:lol:
Image

alaska1125
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3159
Likes: 133 posts
Liked in: 150 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:11 pm

Rockman wrote:I worked in education, I've seen and heard of careers that were destroyed because of vindictive little craps who lied about a teacher which totally destroyed their career and reputation. Even when the students admitted that they had lied the damage was done. Frag is right that the accusations thrown out about this guy are not representative of a drunk dude at a bar.

There's also a hotel room and a following day in the convention center to consider...
Image

meinterrupted
User avatar
Snake On A Plane
 
Posts: 121
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:27 pm
Title: man-hating straw feminist


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby meinterrupted » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:52 pm

HNutz wrote:
And that's fine. That's your prerogative. But, when ReturnoftheMack says this:



and you say this:



But then say this:



Well, your statements don't quite mesh.

You say you don't think that "exposing someone on Twitter will lead to probably boycotts and make him toxic for a while" but then you mention how "several of us have dropped his books from our pull lists and sent (very reasoned) emails to Marvel regarding the situation".

Also, you want to avoid his work "mostly because he's obviously a hypocrite."

OOoooookay...? :smt102


So, ten other groups, all the same size as mine--that is, 100 people--all choose to drop X-Men.

X-Men #6 sold ~71,990 copies (x).

Now, maybe my math is bad--I'm just a dumb girl, after all, everyone knows numbers are hard for us--but it seems to me that 71,890 copies of a comic is still enough to keep it in the top 20 comics monthly. Hardly enough for Marvel to look twice.

As for emails to Marvel, I figure probably less than a quarter of the people who drop it will tell Marvel why. So that's 25 emails; and I'm quite sure that those emails will be balanced out by the people like ReturnoftheMack, who will be urging Marvel not to ruin some guy's life, just because he got drunk and hit on some chick who overreacted. I mean, that could happen to any of us, right?
in ur comics, fighting ur misogyny

Image Image

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36326
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 69 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby Frag » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:24 pm

meinterrupted wrote:
So, ten other groups, all the same size as mine--that is, 100 people--all choose to drop X-Men.

X-Men #6 sold ~71,990 copies (x).

Now, maybe my math is bad--I'm just a dumb girl, after all, everyone knows numbers are hard for us--but it seems to me that 71,890 copies of a comic is still enough to keep it in the top 20 comics monthly. Hardly enough for Marvel to look twice.

As for emails to Marvel, I figure probably less than a quarter of the people who drop it will tell Marvel why. So that's 25 emails; and I'm quite sure that those emails will be balanced out by the people like ReturnoftheMack, who will be urging Marvel not to ruin some guy's life, just because he got drunk and hit on some chick who overreacted. I mean, that could happen to any of us, right?


You aren't "just a dumb girl." You are a dumb person. Your gender doesn't make a difference.

You make easily disprovable arguments. You are purposely obtuse ("10 x 10 =100"). You sent letters to Marvel without getting all the facts of what happened. You take cheap shots at people. You misrepresent what people say.

It has nothing to do with being "just a dumb girl."

And personally, I don't like Brian Wood's work. And I'm not going to support his work without all the facts like you did. Let's all burn him at the stake first and ask questions later.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36326
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 69 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby Frag » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:31 pm

He began DMZ as a “destitute single guy”, he said, and “ended it married, with kids and a house”, something he may not have been able to accomplish otherwise.


DMZ started in 2005 when this alleged incident happened. I'd like to know more of his timeline.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

HNutz
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15162
Likes: 5531 posts
Liked in: 867 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Online


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby HNutz » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:37 pm

meinterrupted wrote:
So, ten other groups, all the same size as mine--that is, 100 people--all choose to drop X-Men.

X-Men #6 sold ~71,990 copies (x).

Now, maybe my math is bad--I'm just a dumb girl, after all, everyone knows numbers are hard for us--but it seems to me that 71,890 copies of a comic is still enough to keep it in the top 20 comics monthly. Hardly enough for Marvel to look twice.

As for emails to Marvel, I figure probably less than a quarter of the people who drop it will tell Marvel why. So that's 25 emails; and I'm quite sure that those emails will be balanced out by the people like ReturnoftheMack, who will be urging Marvel not to ruin some guy's life, just because he got drunk and hit on some chick who overreacted. I mean, that could happen to any of us, right?


Maybe it'll be 10 groups of 10. Or 30 groups of 30. Or any other possible combination you can think of.

There's no evidence, one way or the other, that "10 other groups, all the size of mine". I doubt that's the limit of the boycott/bad press/loss of business. You don't know the affect this will have. I don't know either. But I do know that's pure guesswork on the "25 e-mails".

"I figure probably"... "I'm quite sure those e-mails will be balanced out"... yeah, those aren't the cold, hard facts you'd like them to be.

Oh, and bonus points for trying to work in sexist implications ("Now, maybe my math is bad--I'm just a dumb girl, after all, everyone knows numbers are hard for us", along with your "mansplain" comment before) when people disagree with you.

Doesn't using sexist terms like that in a discussion about someone's sexist behaviors come off a wee bit hypocritical?
Last edited by HNutz on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McKegan

Happy Pony Day!
 
Posts: 9657
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby McKegan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:50 pm

It's a sad comment on comics if a drop in sales of 100 comics leads to a guy's "standing in comics" being ruined.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77195
Likes: 651 posts
Liked in: 1068 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:58 pm

McKegan wrote:It's a sad comment on comics if a drop in sales of 100 comics leads to a guy's "standing in comics" being ruined.


Judging by the reactions here, 200 more should buy his comics to support his right to "be a dude in a bar."
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

McKegan

Happy Pony Day!
 
Posts: 9657
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby McKegan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Judging by the reactions here, 200 more should buy his comics to support his right to "be a dude in a bar."


Yes, no one has ever justifiably had anything bad to say about a dude in a bar.

alaska1125
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3159
Likes: 133 posts
Liked in: 150 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
You aren't "just a dumb girl." You are a dumb person. Your gender doesn't make a difference

Ah. Now I remember you. Still a condescending ass. Good to know you keep it consistent.
Edit: Your arguments supporting drunken bad behavior toward women make a lot more sense now. #snark
Last edited by alaska1125 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77195
Likes: 651 posts
Liked in: 1068 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:25 pm

McKegan wrote:
Yes, no one has ever justifiably had anything bad to say about a dude in a bar.


It's just bros being bros, dude.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36326
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 69 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby Frag » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:55 pm

McKegan wrote:It's a sad comment on comics if a drop in sales of 100 comics leads to a guy's "standing in comics" being ruined.


It would be if that wasn't a random number pulled out of someone's ass.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

alaska1125
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3159
Likes: 133 posts
Liked in: 150 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:03 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
It would be if that wasn't a random number pulled out of someone's ass.

Ok, genius. Since you seem to have all the answers, what kind of number do you think it'll hit? I certainly hope that you deal with students in a much less dickish manner than you do with people who disagree with you on this site.

McKegan

Happy Pony Day!
 
Posts: 9657
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ


Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby McKegan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:04 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
So if 10 other groups do the same thing, this will severely damage Wood's standing in the industry.


I believe that random ass was yours. So, in the range of 100 to 400 depending on how many Wood books they were picking up.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 90 guests

Advertisement