Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 pm

I disbelieve that wholeheadedly.

Death Ray

Whippersnapper

Postby Death Ray » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Do Walking Dead trades count? Well,I'ma countin' em'! Just picked up volume 19 ("March to War"). Haven't cracked it open yet, but I can't wait to see what happens to
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Nagan, that Glenn-murdering bastarrrrrdddd!!!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:46 am

Victorian Squid wrote:I miss when people used to talk about the comics that came out each week. Manhattan Projects, there's a lot going on and you should be reading it monthly. FOOLS!

Easier on the student budget. I only buy marvel singles because they take forever to come out in trade.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:18 am

Yo do I need read the Tales of the Fear Agent stuff? Read a little and it was kind of boring.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:29 am

Hey guys, important question.

Does anyone know how much Arthur Suydam charges for sketches and/or drawings in comic cons?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Keb wrote:Yo do I need read the Tales of the Fear Agent stuff? Read a little and it was kind of boring.

I don't think that they tie in to the story (yet) but there are a few that are really fun, like Paul Renaud's and Francesco Francavilla's.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:19 pm

I talked with Arthur Suydam yesterday and today:

And I also gave him an issue of The Gathering. He insisted on having it signed, so I signed it for him. What a great guy, I had so much fun talking to him.

Bond Hengbu

Postby Bond Hengbu » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:25 am

Immortal Iron Fist.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:18 am

Batgirl v 1 Darkest Reflection

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Death Ray wrote:Do Walking Dead trades count? Well,I'ma countin' em'! Just picked up volume 19 ("March to War"). Haven't cracked it open yet, but I can't wait to see what happens to
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Nagan, that Glenn-murdering bastarrrrrdddd!!!

Negan is a bad guy.
Issue #100 was sad.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:19 am

Justice League v1 Origins - liked this a lot. Darkseid being the origin is cool. Also, the first mission felt like All-star Barman in the team dynamic, which is a plus.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:39 pm

thefourthman wrote:Batgirl v 1 Darkest Reflection

I liked the first arc, a lot. The second story about the woman with the vocal trigger was very messy all around.

Finally finished Absolute Sandman V 2.

Next up, Barman: Gothic, Absolute Sandman V3 and Complete Calvin And Hobbes book 1.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:46 pm

thefourthman wrote:I liked the first arc, a lot. The second story about the woman with the vocal trigger was very messy all around.

Finally finished Absolute Sandman V 2.

Next up, Barman: Gothic, Absolute Sandman V3 and Complete Calvin And Hobbes book 1.

Sandman is brilliant.

Are you buying Sandman Overture?

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:20 pm

Yes sir. I am. I LOVE Sandman... This is like my second full reading.

guitargod694

cheese

Postby guitargod694 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Keb wrote:Yo do I need read the Tales of the Fear Agent stuff? Read a little and it was kind of boring.

No, not really... but they go fast and some of them are fun.

I just read Leaving Megalopolis a couple days ago (Gail Simone and Jim Calafiore kickstarter book)... it was alright.

Honestly, I feel like they had too much idea/story for a single graphic novel.
Like it should've been a 20-40 issue series instead.
I don't regret backing it, though and it definitely reminded me how much I miss Secret Six.

leave a comment with facebook