Advertisement

Trillium #4 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 319 posts

Trillium #4 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Trillium #4 Preview

Chapter 4, 'Entropy'

Source: Comics Continuum previews

The Vertigo solicit:

Everything Nika and William thought they knew is thrown into question as the world of Trillium is twisted inside out. New universes emerge in the wake of last issue’s shocking ending, and William and Nika find themselves more lost than ever !

Written, Art and Cover by:  Jeff Lemire
32 pages
U.S. Price:  $2.99
On Sale:  November 6, 2013

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1046 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Trillium #4 Preview

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Weird issue, and weird ending. I'm not sure there's any likable characters in this series, unfortunately.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1239 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:38 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Weird issue, and weird ending. I'm not sure there's any likable characters in this series, unfortunately.

You don't like Nika or William? :smt102
ImageImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Things get even weirder in this issue of Trillium, as more and more characters start time-travelling, which leads to pretty shocking, explosive results.

With some of the future space-ships bursting out of the top of the Pyramid, lasers are flying everywhere, causing chaos. Some of the Atabithian Aliens help William and Nika get out of the way, but William’s brother Clayton is trapped in the future, where he is apprehended by Pohl. It turns out the Atabithians are able to speak with the strange tribes-people, and did anyone else get the sense that they were mating with each other? Nika says all of the Atabithians are female, and I didn’t see any women tribes-people, so my guess is, yup, they’re totally doing it. The tribes-people show Nika and William a strange, ancient carving, which seems to show how the Pyramids are linked throughout time. They struggle to understand it, and at the same time, Pohl is struggling to interrogate Clayton, as they can’t understand each other’s language. Pohl puts a gun to his head, and at that moment, the time-travel gets even freakier, as Clayton’s consciousness appears to switch places with Nika, so he can talk to his brother, and she can try and explain things to Pohl.

Unfortunately, even after finding a way to translate Clayton, Pohl isn’t any more reasonable, and once they’ve got enough of the Trillium flowers on board, she blows up the Future-Temple, which spells bad news… for everyone. Nika starts freaking out back in the past, and as William tries to comfort her, a strange white light engulfs them, and I dunno… destroys the Universe? Is that what happened? Man, there’s still half of this story to go, and Lemire just blew up existence.

This series is fucking mental, and I’m loving it, I have no idea what’s going to happen next, and that, combined with Lemire’s unique, innovative art (there’s nothing too experimental in this issue, but it’s still great), makes this a must-read. My only real problem with this title is that so much of it is in incomprehensible alien-language, but I guess that’s kind of the point, basically, this issue was mental, and it was great.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 425 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm beginning to really dislike Pohl. After this issue I'm willing to state that she's a complete idiot. You have mysterious energy you don't fully understand coming out of a building you don't fully understand that was built by a society you don't fully understand. What's your response? Blow the building up -- yeah, sure, that's a good idea. :roll:

Thank you Troy for the sig

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1046 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Grayson wrote:
You don't like Nika or William? :smt102

I don't really care about them one way or the other. I'm not sure why I should.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:23 am

Stephen Day wrote:I'm beginning to really dislike Pohl. After this issue I'm willing to state that she's a complete idiot. You have mysterious energy you don't fully understand coming out of a building you don't fully understand that was built by a society you don't fully understand. What's your response? Blow the building up -- yeah, sure, that's a good idea. :roll:

Well you are supposed to, she's the bad guy.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:24 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I don't really care about them one way or the other. I'm not sure why I should.

Cause I said so?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:25 am

The End huh?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews