Advertisement

Daredevil #33 (The devil you say Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21424
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 164 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Daredevil #33 (The devil you say Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:42 am

A.R.P. wrote:On another note, did you think in the opening pages Matt looked a little young? Do you think was on purpose or perhaps the artist screwed up how he drew Matt? It certainly looked like a younger Matt but there was nothing in the exchange between himself and Foggy to indicate that. What did you think?

I attributed that to being similar to Matt "seeing" Foggy as the old grocer he knew when he was young. Matt hasn't actually seen his own face since he was a teenager. and as we all probably have a romanticized or improved vision of ourselves in our own mind's eye, I figured the art was showing that Matt pictures himself slightly younger-looking than he actually is. a subtle trick in the art that you can infer from what he says about Foggy in the dream sequence.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Advertisement

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41349
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Daredevil #33 (The devil you say Spoilers)

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:33 am

chap22 wrote:I attributed that to being similar to Matt "seeing" Foggy as the old grocer he knew when he was young. Matt hasn't actually seen his own face since he was a teenager. and as we all probably have a romanticized or improved vision of ourselves in our own mind's eye, I figured the art was showing that Matt pictures himself slightly younger-looking than he actually is. a subtle trick in the art that you can infer from what he says about Foggy in the dream sequence.

Chap's improved version of himself in his mind's eye has hair.
Image

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 20399
Likes: 172 posts
Liked in: 338 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Daredevil #33 (The devil you say Spoilers)

Postby Amoebas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 pm

I actually sided with some of ARP first post here, because I've been getting bored with Waid's run too - but then he kept talking.

Fact - Nocenti's run was one of the very best.

But my favorite ARP bit was...

A.R.P. wrote:Fun is fine and welcome but that's not to say that still can't be had (and has been) with a little more seriousness

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21424
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 164 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Daredevil #33 (The devil you say Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Chris wrote:Chap's improved version of himself in his mind's eye has hair.

goddamn right.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41349
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:28 pm

I just can't make sense of anyone being bored with Waid's run or this arc.

As Waid has progressed on this book, it has been rocketing up my all-time DD rankings.

Top 3 is still Miller, Bendis and Brubaker... But I am seriously considering Waid at 3 when all is said and done, and assuming the book continues to be as awesome as it is.

Really looking forward to SF Liberal DD.

I loved what Bendis did in Moon Knight with setting up a West Coast crime empire. And let's be honest, more heroes need to move out of N.Y..
Image

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 41 guests

Advertisement