Monday, May 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Shit happens here."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Daredevil #33 (The devil you say Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:42 am

A.R.P. wrote:On another note, did you think in the opening pages Matt looked a little young? Do you think was on purpose or perhaps the artist screwed up how he drew Matt? It certainly looked like a younger Matt but there was nothing in the exchange between himself and Foggy to indicate that. What did you think?

I attributed that to being similar to Matt "seeing" Foggy as the old grocer he knew when he was young. Matt hasn't actually seen his own face since he was a teenager. and as we all probably have a romanticized or improved vision of ourselves in our own mind's eye, I figured the art was showing that Matt pictures himself slightly younger-looking than he actually is. a subtle trick in the art that you can infer from what he says about Foggy in the dream sequence.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:33 am

chap22 wrote:I attributed that to being similar to Matt "seeing" Foggy as the old grocer he knew when he was young. Matt hasn't actually seen his own face since he was a teenager. and as we all probably have a romanticized or improved vision of ourselves in our own mind's eye, I figured the art was showing that Matt pictures himself slightly younger-looking than he actually is. a subtle trick in the art that you can infer from what he says about Foggy in the dream sequence.

Chap's improved version of himself in his mind's eye has hair.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 pm

I actually sided with some of ARP first post here, because I've been getting bored with Waid's run too - but then he kept talking.

Fact - Nocenti's run was one of the very best.

But my favorite ARP bit was...

A.R.P. wrote:Fun is fine and welcome but that's not to say that still can't be had (and has been) with a little more seriousness

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Chris wrote:Chap's improved version of himself in his mind's eye has hair.

goddamn right.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:28 pm

I just can't make sense of anyone being bored with Waid's run or this arc.

As Waid has progressed on this book, it has been rocketing up my all-time DD rankings.

Top 3 is still Miller, Bendis and Brubaker... But I am seriously considering Waid at 3 when all is said and done, and assuming the book continues to be as awesome as it is.

Really looking forward to SF Liberal DD.

I loved what Bendis did in Moon Knight with setting up a West Coast crime empire. And let's be honest, more heroes need to move out of N.Y..

leave a comment with facebook