Advertisement

Han Solo To Save The Day! The Star Wars #4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:00 am

What's up with Luke Skywalker on a chocobo?

Finally, in The Star Wars #4 - scripted by J.W. Rinzler, drawn by Mike Mayhew, with colors by Rain Beredo - we’re introduced to the giant, green alien known as Han Solo. Nick Runge’s cover is delightful as it shows Annikin Starkiller and Luke Skywalker charging into battle on what appears to be an ostrich/chocobo hybrid.

Continuing their escape, Annikin and Luke, with C3P0 and R2D2 in tow, are confronted by a stormtrooper patrol on their way to the Gordon spaceport. At the spaceport, they meet with Han Solo, who brings them to Kane Starkiller to discuss plans for the Rebellion. When they find they’re short on a power unit to put Princess Leia Organa’s twin brothers into suspended animation, a Jedi has to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Although with a slight variation, J.W. Rinzler gets to write one of my favorite scenes, where Annikin and Luke are confronted by two wanted men in the spaceport who don’t like them. The reunion between Annikin and Kane was heartfelt, though I found it odd that Kane referred to Annikin as “my oldest boy,” given the recent death of his other son, Deak. The stormtroopers’ shock at the Jedi revealing themselves was awesome as one says, “But they said the Jedi were ex-.”

Mike Mayhew’s art is great; he really is knocking it out of the park with the facial expressions, with Annikin’s joy or Luke’s bitchface at the meeting. Mayhew also excels at drawing aliens, as the spaceport is filled with some of the oddest creatures I’ve seen. The background panel of the droids playing chess with the twins is adorable. Rain Beredo’s color choices are wise as his muted neutral tones are cut by the bright neon colors of the Jedi’s lightsabers. 

I was confused by what Darth Vader is up to. He makes the statement that he needs to get to the Gordon spaceport before Starkiller and Skywalker, but in the next shot he’s torturing prisoners. I didn’t understand what he was doing to stop them. 

That aside, this was a fine issue. Reaching the middle point of the series, don’t trade wait on this as the Rebellion gets its ducks in a row to take down the Empire and the Death Star!

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Bond Hengbu
Garbage Collector

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Han Solo To Save The Day! The Star Wars #4

Postby Bond Hengbu » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:28 am

I need to catch up.
" Power has two faces:

It's original form is as loathsome and obscene as it can be. only when you grab it, it turns into a kind face"

King Geum-Wa from Jumong

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand