Advertisement

Seal Team Sexy: Think Tank #11

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 356 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:30 am

...the truth is the greatest enemy of the state.

Minotaur Press, a Top Cow Productions Company, published by Image Comics, presents Think Tank #11, Outbreak Part Three, written by Matt Hawkins and with art by Rahsan Ekedal. The bright cover by Ekedal and Andy Troy showing Dr. David Loren sitting casually by a torn American flag while an atomic bomb goes off in the background is sure to get some attention.

Opening with an terrifying quote from Joseph Goebbels about government lying, you get the sense right off the bat what this book is about. There’s a tense standoff occurring  between the US and China in the South China Sea outside of Taiwan and the President is meeting with the Chinese Chairman. Meanwhile, David, who the world thinks is dead, is on the run in China trying to survive off his hidden Swiss accounts. 

Matt Hawkins is at the top of his game with Think Tank. David’s narrations, which are usually scientific in nature, this time are instead filled with insights on why war starts, how many died in WWI and WWII and how many will die in WWIII. It’s a welcome change of pace and very fitting given the theme and opening quote.

Rahsan Ekedal is phenomenal on art duties. His grayscaled black-and-white images are highly detailed, from the vases in the Chairman's office, to the real images on computer screens. He’s a natural at human anatomy, whether it’s David running or David running into a metal beam. Most of his facial expressions are incredibly realistic, but there were a few that left me puzzled.

The end of the issue has a message about Think Tank starting up in color next summer and is jam packed with information about technologies used in the issue such as Swiss Bank accounts, Chinese drones, and Shanghai University, all with links to articles backing it up. I love when a comic can keep me on the edge of my seat and teach me a thing or three.

Think Tank #11 is a fast-paced, high-tech thriller and I can’t wait until the final issue of Season 1 when all hell breaks loose. I’d rather it stay in black and white, but if the change brings in new readers to keep this book alive, I’m all for it!

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand